Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 16th 2017, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

After 60 days I was told our case had been escalated 25/7/17 and I would hear within 15 days which was yesterday. Heard nothing. 4th phone call this morning to be to told no decision made and all they can do is escalate again! No real help or info from call centre. I'm also aware that other non-priority cases have been decided that were submitted at the same time or after ours in Thailand on 5/5/17.
There is no logic to this system just stress. I am none the wiser if we are anywhere near getting a decision and what if anything is causing the delay. Sorry can't be of more help.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clive157
After 60 days I was told our case had been escalated 25/7/17 and I would hear within 15 days which was yesterday. Heard nothing. 4th phone call this morning to be to told no decision made and all they can do is escalate again! No real help or info from call centre. I'm also aware that other non-priority cases have been decided that were submitted at the same time or after ours in Thailand on 5/5/17.
There is no logic to this system just stress. I am none the wiser if we are anywhere near getting a decision and what if anything is causing the delay. Sorry can't be of more help.
I have come to the same conclusion. It seems pointless for most people to escalate because i think that the process team is very selective on which applications they process. i don't doubt that the contact centre is sending the emails on to the relevant team but i think it is a lottery determining wether your escalation will be seen. The whole system (and i use the term system lightly) is based on one big con!! Sure some cases are being done quickly both non priority and priority but if you have anything a bit not straight forward then you could be waiting months. Thats my thoughts on the matter.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hello guys ,our decision was made on the 7th of August but we haven't got an email or phone call to collect the passport ,it's nine working days today. Has anyone got an idea how long we hv to wait please?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Hello guys ,our decision was made on the 7th of August but we haven't got an email or phone call to collect the passport ,it's nine working days today. Has anyone got an idea how long we hv to wait please?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

4jtam is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband's visa was decided on 29th June, he received email on 2 Aug to advise passport was being sent to him. He finally received passport on 3 Aug.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

AnaFoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 4jtam
My husband's visa was decided on 29th June, he received email on 2 Aug to advise passport was being sent to him. He finally received passport on 3 Aug.
Uau! Applying from where?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Emm123;12318077]Hello guys ,our decision was made on the 7th of August but we haven't got an email or phone call to collect the passport ,it's nine working days today. Has anyone got an idea how long we hv to wait please?[/QUOTE

Last edited by Emm123; Aug 16th 2017 at 4:49 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

What?You waited one whole month to receive your passport ?didnt you have a few days to leave the country you applied for your visa from?which country did you apply from please?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Emm123
Supposed to be a max of 10 working days once decission made
Old Aug 16th 2017, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annc72
Hi everyone,

we got our visas today.
Biometrics on the 26th May, in Bangkok
Paid priority
Letter from Sheffield on the 31 May
On day 52 we got email asking to pay IHS for children that was missed due to the system error.
Checked on Monday online tracker but was still not recognising numbers.
This morning got sms from bangkok Vfs that papers are ready for collection. On attached letter in passport date is 14th August
Full 55 days waited with priotity.
Maybe they are speeding up now, good luck everyone, it was really helpful to know we were not alone!
AnaπŸ€πŸŽ‰
Great news! Looks like priority are taking 55-60 days still!
Were on day 74 non priority so hopefully some news soon
Old Aug 16th 2017, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

lesathomp9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there, we are having a similar problem, our Visas were decided on July 11 and we still have not received our passports or heard from Home Office at all. Can I ask, were his vignette's expired when he finally got his passport?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

lesathomp9 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are having the same problem, our Visas were decided on July 11 and we still have not received our passports or an email from Home Office, can I ask was his vignette expired by the time he got his Visa, or were the travel dates later than the decision date. I'm freaking out that our vignettes will be expired and we will have to send out passports back.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

When we made the decision to go from US to UK, it was many months ago, when the turnaround time was about 6 weeks. So, (don't yell at me) we decided we would apply August 1st which is 3 months before we wanted to leave, and we made flight arrangements for leaving US November 8th.

Now, seeing all these emails bout how long it is taking I am wondering if we should change our flights? You can only apply 3 months in advance, so if I wanted to leave in December I would have applied in September......I don't get it

Any advice from the well seasoned members please?

Chris
Old Aug 17th 2017, 12:18 am
Just Joined

4jtam is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the typo, decision was,made on 29 July. So only few days after he received email and passport.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 8:13 am
Just Joined

manewman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all. I have been peeking/researching other's experiences til now.

My wife is about to complete her application online with the intention of visiting the VFS Global in Melbourne, Australia shortly after to complete the biometric process.

We are faced with the same conundrum I am sure you have all faced. Our tentative plan is to travel to the UK in early January 2018, therefore to go priority or non priority? It is an expensive luxury, and with time to spare do we need to pay for priority?

Also, when she attends her biometric appointment in Melbourne we have decided that we will choose the scan and send option. At present there are about 40-50 pages to the support documents (pay slips, bank statements, etc). Will the staff at VFS Global happily scan each and every document?

Thanking you all in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.