Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 12th 2017, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

So after our long four month wait UPS delivered the package from Sheffield at 7.30PM, on Thursday, opened it and screams of delight APPROVED. But wait a minute, none of the passports contain vignette's. Checked them again and again, no definitely not there.

So what now, did they just forget the place them in the passports?, or worse did they send the wrong letters in error. We called the paid for answering service, send emails, called the embassy and sit waiting for a response. People on UK-Yankee have made a couple of good suggestion which we will try today, meanwhile the 30 day clock is ticking now day 24 and we can do nothing to wrap up our affairs before moving.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 1:46 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britflyer
So after our long four month wait UPS delivered the package from Sheffield at 7.30PM, on Thursday, opened it and screams of delight APPROVED. But wait a minute, none of the passports contain vignette's. Checked them again and again, no definitely not there.

So what now, did they just forget the place them in the passports?, or worse did they send the wrong letters in error. We called the paid for answering service, send emails, called the embassy and sit waiting for a response. People on UK-Yankee have made a couple of good suggestion which we will try today, meanwhile the 30 day clock is ticking now day 24 and we can do nothing to wrap up our affairs before moving.
Congratulations!!!! What did they tell you when you contact the home office?
Old Aug 12th 2017, 1:47 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rez
Plus when did you submit your biometrics and was it on priority? I'm trying to gain some clarity
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Alex2211 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichInna
Dear all

I wanted to create a thread where we can all (if you want) discuss your issues and worries, quite a few of us from previous threads have paid the priority service and have succumbed to the new and very slack service from Sheffield.

Feel free to vent off here and let your feelings out, we all need to have somewhere and someone to talk to and maybe the support of others will help you.

I for one have found previous threads helpful just reading your stories and problems and successes, so dont be shy get talking.

My wife and I applied 16th May paying the new extortionate priority fee (on top of the new visa fees) and was told by TLScontact it would be done in 10-15days max, now 37 working days and nothing, calls and emails have proven to be useless and inconsistent, so as it stands my wife and I are still apart, I needed surgery and had postponed it in the hopes she would be with me, no such luck. I had surgery 4 days ago and feel pretty down by all of this, Its not just the visa that hurts its the waiting the worry the stress, the extra unplanned financial burden the list goes on, but mostly missing someone so much and unable to see them.

I plan to email again this week and will let you know the response we get.

Rich
Hi guys I'm new here don't know even how to write to people I applied for my wife settlement visa last week this biometrics is Tuesday I got to send the application pack they ask for photo I don't have one she is going to take her application and photo to Ukvi centre in Islamabad they will hold her passport at the high commission she will take picture as with the application all I want ask do have a photo to send with the pack
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

fatymoroc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex2211
Hi guys I'm new here don't know even how to write to people I applied for my wife settlement visa last week this biometrics is Tuesday I got to send the application pack they ask for photo I don't have one she is going to take her application and photo to Ukvi centre in Islamabad they will hold her passport at the high commission she will take picture as with the application all I want ask do have a photo to send with the pack
I think you are talking about 2 colored photographs uk sized,yes she need them as it is part of her application.

There are also wedding photos or photos of u together as evidence of ur relationship,but i think u r speaking abt passport sized colored photographs
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rez
That's the problem and the frustration, you cant actually contact the Home Office, to can only speak to Sitel the private company who run the paid for answering service and hope they pass it on.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rez
Plus when did you submit your biometrics and was it on priority? I'm trying to gain some clarity
Our full time line is back on page 3, post 34 of this thread
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatymoroc
I think you are talking about 2 colored photographs uk sized,yes she need them as it is part of her application.

There are also wedding photos or photos of u together as evidence of ur relationship,but i think u r speaking abt passport sized colored photographs
Yes coloured passport size do have to submit with the copy of application or don't have as the frost page of the copy of applcation has her photo
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Yes coloured passport size do have to submit with the copy of application or don't have as the frost page of the copy of applcation has her photo
I send from the application pack from uk
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Britflyer;12315191]That's the problem and the frustration, you cant actually contact the Home Office, to can only speak to Sitel the private company who run the paid for answering service and hope they pass
Try to contact ur local MP may be he can help you with this as he can contact ukvi easily,hope everythinh will be perfect for you,don t worry as long as u have the letter and it contains ur details ur safe,gd luck and congratulation!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

How do I get her photos she is in Islamabad i didn't think it was necessary as she give her passport at visa centre and photos as sponsor I send the rest of document
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Ok i underatand now,so 8r wife needs to have her biometrics at a Tls contact center she will there leave her passport the photographs,make sure it is a uo size,and ask her to take with her a copy of her online application,i submitted from morocco in a tls contact and theu kept the firt page of my online applic with my foto on it and my passport.

I hope this helps
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatymoroc
Ok i underatand now,so 8r wife needs to have her biometrics at a Tls contact center she will there leave her passport the photographs,make sure it is a uo size,and ask her to take with her a copy of her online application,i submitted from morocco in a tls contact and theu kept the firt page of my online applic with my foto on it and my passport.

I hope this helps
Thanks she does everything in ukvi centre so it ok when it come my part after she submits the application I as a sponcer have to send application back in there it say copy of application plus photo as I don't have her passport size photo what should I do ??
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Your wife is submitting biometric Tuesday. You then have 2 weeks in which to send all the docs to Sheffield. If UKVI centre in Islamabad won't accept her passport size photos she still has time to post them to you for inclusion with other docs.

Has she sent you her other docs ie birth cert, support letters from family/friends etc cos VFS Philippines wouldn't accept my fiance's - would only accept ALL the documents for scanning (for fee).
Old Aug 12th 2017, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks she does everything in ukvi centre so it ok when it come my part after she submits the application I as a sponcer have to send application back in there it say copy of application plus photo as I don't have her passport size photo what should I do ??
There is another option which is to send all the documents to ur wife then she adds what is missing and then everything to sheffield via ups ou dhl.

This is what i did presonally.

It is safer for u wife to have all the necesaary documenta with her as she is the applicant.and by the way the "scanning process" is still not applicable in all tls contact centers,in morocco they said that documents will be scanned but it turns to be that i have to send them myslef to sheffield

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.