Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Apr 23rd 2018, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by SoonerinDevon
Hey there, if you are applying from the US, your time starts when your application is received on Sheffield. You also don't pick up your passport/docs, they will be sent back to you using the return shipping label you included with your application.

Good luck!
Thank you! Just checking...do you mean from date Sheffield received online application (if so, it was Feb 16th) or when they get supporting docs?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

SoonerinDevon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cca123
Thank you! Just checking...do you mean from date Sheffield received online application (if so, it was Feb 16th) or when they get supporting docs?

Thanks in advance!
It should start from the day they receive the last piece of documentation- normally the date on the email you get saying they have received your application and you can expect a 12 week wait time (if you didn't pay priority)is the date I would go by as being day 1.

Where abouts are you in the States?
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

EDIYYZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!

I have been following the timeline forum and I can't seem to find an answer to my inquiry. A couple of weeks ago, I emailed the UKVI to find out if any progress had been made with my priority application. I was curious to see if a decision would be made before the 30 business day mark. I received an email within hours asking for additional information and outlining that the full process could take up to 60 business days. Fast forward to today (36 business days), I receive a reply stating a decision has been made and to wait for my visa centre (in Toronto) to contact me about retrieving my passport.
Since many people don't receive a decision made email, and since I didn't receive the "official" decision made email, does anyone know when I should expect contact from the visa centre?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

It should start from the day they receive the last piece of documentation- normally the date on the email you get saying they have received your application and you can expect a 12 week wait time (if you didn't pay priority)is the date I would go by as being day 1.

Where abouts are you in the States?
Oh really...but how does that work because some ppl never receive that email? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• I thought it'd be Feb 16th (online app). I WISH we paid priority.
We are in Colorado. When I sent an email today, there were options of where we were applying from, only 5 states and CO wasnt one of them. I just picked a random one...
Old Apr 24th 2018, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Oh really...but how does that work because some ppl never receive that email? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• I thought it'd be Feb 16th (online app). I WISH we paid priority.
We are in Colorado. When I sent an email today, there were options of where we were applying from, only 5 states and CO wasnt one of them. I just picked a random one...
Yeah it's confusing!It's because people do things in different order- our paperwork was in Sheffield before we did our biometrics so that was all they were waiting for. You should be able to check your tracking number and see the date they received your last set of documents and go by that date I would think.

I wish we would have paid for priority too! Our lawyer said it wouldn't make any difference but from checking all these forums, he was wrong! I am in Oklahoma and today is BD 39
Old Apr 24th 2018, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Yeah it's confusing!It's because people do things in different order- our paperwork was in Sheffield before we did our biometrics so that was all they were waiting for. You should be able to check your tracking number and see the date they received your last set of documents and go by that date I would think.

I wish we would have paid for priority too! Our lawyer said it wouldn't make any difference but from checking all these forums, he was wrong! I am in Oklahoma and today is BD 39
OK, if we went by the date they got our docs that would be 7th march which isnt "too" bad.... Was hoping before though haha.

Does anyone know if theres any point in contacting them to ask the progress on the application or does it not matter until we hit 60 days? Ahhh why did we not pay priority. Grrr ha
Old Apr 24th 2018, 1:43 am
Just Joined

OK, if we went by the date they got our docs that would be 7th march which isnt "too" bad.... Was hoping before though haha.

Does anyone know if theres any point in contacting them to ask the progress on the application or does it not matter until we hit 60 days? Ahhh why did we not pay priority. Grrr ha
There's no point until it hits the 60 day mark unfortunately. The call center actually doesn't have access to your application and they won't be able to give you any info- they will just tell you to wait until 60 days. If you haven't heard anything by then, call and have them escalate your case and have your partner contact their MP and ask them to get involved.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Fashon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys just to let you guys know, if you have been waiting over the stipulated time given and u have received an email about your visa or the status of the visa I think you should visit your VAC if that's where u did the application bcoz chances are the passport is there. Remember the email system is automated so some cases it probably didn't sent to say passport is ready to collect or decision has been made or whatever and not one is going to check over a 1000 emails to see who emails have been sent to or not and also remember it states that if the time has passed and u get no emails u should visit your VAC. Also am sorry to burst you all bubbles but chances are if you been waiting long over stipulated time probably your visa haven't been considered. I am talkingcfrom experience. U could check my threads on here I waited about 70days or so with no emails and I decided to just pop up at the VAC and my passport was there I waited twenty days extra also the visa wasn't granted so take my advise and visit the center โœŒ๐Ÿฝ Best of luck my friends. It's hard being separated from your loved ones I have soon my wife since our honeymoon six months now going on the seven but guys remember time is the master of everything and nothing happens before it time so have a positive outlook zeen. Bless up unu self ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
Old Apr 26th 2018, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Dannigao is an unknown quantity at this point

Updated.

Received an email from Sheffield Decision center this afternoon as following:

Thank you for your enquiry.
Your application is now in the final processing stages, we are continuing to work on it and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

Finger crossed and good luck for all applications!
Old Apr 26th 2018, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Larry_blac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dannigao
Updated.

Received an email from Sheffield Decision center this afternoon as following:

Thank you for your enquiry.
Your application is now in the final processing stages, we are continuing to work on it and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

Finger crossed and good luck for all applications!
Congrats pal.

How did you send the initial enquiry please and how long has your application taken?
Old Apr 27th 2018, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Larry_blac
Congrats pal.

How did you send the initial enquiry please and how long has your application taken?
Hi, please ref the page 214, all the information I post at there.

Good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Congrats pal.

We sent email to HO by their website.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Congrats pal.

Here is the link:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Old May 11th 2018, 9:14 pm
Ibk
Just Joined

Ibk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, I was refused fiancรฉe visa last year in November when I was pregnant 6 months after biometric due to English Requirement. P.S. I did a masters degree in the uk that was where I met my then fiancรฉ now husband however I didn't submit my certificate only a letter from school due to the fact that I had not had my graduation before the application.
i had my baby a week after I got the decision made letter and got his passport issued today.
I want to apply for a new visa in a few weeks but I wanted to ask if it is advisable to pay priority. Some people advise not to pay priority due to previous refusal.
Old May 14th 2018, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

londoner007 is an unknown quantity at this point

It does not start from date they receive documents - who told you this?

It starts from the date of biometrics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.