British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/merged-spouse-visa-issues-sheffield-spouse-visa-chat-thread-899315/)

adi16 Mar 15th 2018 4:33 am

Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

I just wish someone can stand up this nonsense and sue the hell out this good for nothing department.

adi16 Mar 15th 2018 4:34 am

Same here... that's what I am thinking:(

Originally Posted by Fashon (Post 12463067)
I wonder if it's my document πŸ€”πŸ˜‚. That's really sad tho

Fashon Mar 15th 2018 4:42 am

Originally Posted by adi16 (Post 12463070)
Same here... that's what I am thinking:(

When my wife called on Tuesday she got three different responses from three different persons. One said the the passport probably on a desk waiting to be sent to courier lol this is so crazy a mean we pay for a service, don't give people timeline if you know you not going to fulfill the promises. Time is precious

Iffi Mar 15th 2018 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Fashon (Post 12463073)
When my wife called on Tuesday she got three different responses from three different persons. One said the the passport probably on a desk waiting to be sent to courier lol this is so crazy a mean we pay for a service, don't give people timeline if you know you not going to fulfill the promises. Time is precious

I submitted my biometrics in lahore pakistan 27th September 2017 and documents send to Sheffield 8th December 2017 total working days 118 still waiting 11 December 2017 received email saying your application is not straightforward contacted sponsor in 25 February 2018 HO saying your application decision will be made end of march lets See Good luck for everyone pray for me

adi16 Mar 16th 2018 1:13 am

I got an email yesterday saying that my application is not straightforward and they will take more time. Today is 58 working day.

Fashon Mar 16th 2018 9:31 pm

Does any one know where I can find the reference number for my application?

londoner007 Mar 18th 2018 12:59 am

Email sent to you from HO

gtr01 Mar 18th 2018 11:31 am

When applying did people have the visa fees immediately taken from their accounts or does the payment occur at the end of the application? I made my payment via paypal, but no money came out of my account initially. I wondered if this is only done once a decision has been made?

Thanks

JohnJT Mar 19th 2018 9:10 pm

All, i have just reveived notice that a decision on my wife’s settlement visa has been made. We have 21 days as per email received from moscow TLS to produce the passports for hopefully a vignette. As my wife already had a 5 year uk family visa, she has been in the uk for the full process of application in sheffield. Due to small family members my wife cannot travel to moscow to process the passport- during application we selected the β€œ keep passport while applying” section which is how she arrived into the uk with me. I do know that i can present and pick up her passport from moscow but the question is - does the vignette have to be stamped upon arrival into uk. As i will be carrying this and my wife will be already in the uk. I am concerned that after my return and then picking up the Final document from the local post office not having the vignette stamped may cause immigration issues. Please advise if possible. I hope i have been clear in the details. Application was done as an out of country ...russia.

Siyami Mar 22nd 2018 6:40 pm

[QUOTE=Siyami;12462013]

Originally Posted by Fashon (Post 12461425)
Am on 67 days haven't seen my wife since October:([/QUOTE

I am on 90 working days. 130 days in total. Since 1 November. Ukvi interviewed my husband and employer on the 25 January. I sent a mail regarding my application status on the 21 February and they replied it is still under consideration. Called again on the 27 of February same respond. Was told case is escalated. Was advised to call after 15 working days if the situation remain the same.

The most difficult part of all this is the waiting game,coupled with the fact one doesn't even know what will be the out come.

We should all pray that our situations come to a happy end.

Hi all
At last a decision has been made on my application. I received the email this afternoon from ukvi. My case was escalated on the 27-2-2018. I emailed ukvi again yesterday after the 15 working days escalation expired, and today I received mail for decision made.
The biggest challenge now is the waiting till passport enters my hand to find out result. I have waited for exactly 5 months. I did biometric on the 1/11/2017 from Cameroon.
I pray for all of us who are waiting to have a positive response.
Will update once I get my passport. I need all your prayers

Fashon Mar 23rd 2018 3:37 am

[QUOTE=Siyami;12468010]

Originally Posted by Siyami (Post 12462013)

Hi all
At last a decision has been made on my application. I received the email this afternoon from ukvi. My case was escalated on the 27-2-2018. I emailed ukvi again yesterday after the 15 working days escalation expired, and today I received mail for decision made.
The biggest challenge now is the waiting till passport enters my hand to find out result. I have waited for exactly 5 months. I did biometric on the 1/11/2017 from Cameroon.
I pray for all of us who are waiting to have a positive response.
Will update once I get my passport. I need all your prayers

Hi all just a quick update on my status.... my passport was delivered on time and all that time I been on here stressing my passport was at the vfs center and no one called or email I just woke up one morning and decided to go by the center and wallah my passport.

But I was denied my settlement visa saying lack of evidence for proof of relationship saying they think it's not a legitimate marriage πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. These people are crazy. Anyways we will reapply on the verge of gathering the stuff they said that they wanted. Good luck to all my friend that have been approved and they ones still waiting be strong πŸ’ͺ🏽

Warbex Mar 23rd 2018 11:55 am

[QUOTE=Fashon;12468266]

Originally Posted by Siyami (Post 12468010)
Hi all just a quick update on my status.... my passport was delivered on time and all that time I been on here stressing my passport was at the vfs center and no one called or email I just woke up one morning and decided to go by the center and wallah my passport.

But I was denied my settlement visa saying lack of evidence for proof of relationship saying they think it's not a legitimate marriage πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. These people are crazy. Anyways we will reapply on the verge of gathering the stuff they said that they wanted. Good luck to all my friend that have been approved and they ones still waiting be strong πŸ’ͺ🏽

OMG this is insane.. so sorry to hear this. I thought they will ask you to provide further documents if they think it is lack of some evidence not just reject it completely? Or are they not obligated to ask for more evidence?

Fashon Mar 23rd 2018 3:11 pm

They gave us an option to appeal but I think that's just waste of time will probably take longer. Will just do a priority application....they will get all the proof they need this time hope they can mange lol

roybass1990 Mar 23rd 2018 3:51 pm

Hello I'm new here.
Applied for my wife's visa (priority) and she did the biometrics on 5 Mar.
Docs arrived at UKVI on 8 Mar.

But I only just realised my bank statements were not stamped on every page. Instead the staff at the branch only stamped on the first page of each month's statement.
Has anyone experienced something like this?
I have got the bank statements printed out again and requested the bank to stamp on EVERY PAGE this time and already sent them to UKVI again with a cover letter explaining this. Would they accept this?

I'm so worried that I am starting to feel sick. :'(

Siyami Mar 23rd 2018 9:28 pm

[QUOTE=Fashon;12468266]

Originally Posted by Siyami (Post 12468010)

What!!!OMG. In situations like this one does not even know what to say.some of these case workers are just heartless. What does it cause them to ask for more evidence from an applicant. With the thuosands of pounds we are paying, talk less of the very stressful waiting period. So sorry dear be strong.

But this is getting me scared already. God sld pls hear me this time. I have been separates from my husband now for 8 years. Bco B4 obtaining his ILR last year he had but a discretional leave to remain and i have been refused visitor visa 5 times while trying to even visit him on grounds that I wouldn't return after visa expires. So one can imagine what am going through right now. God is our strength

Courage to all still waiting. Will update once passport is received