Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Nov 24th 2017, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

press1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Row17
Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie here and I really appreciate the support in here. I apologise if this has been answered earlier but I have tried searching and couldn't find any answer.

Please I want to find out about the English requirement for UK fiance visa.

I have studied in the UK and I have a valid IELTS General Training test (Band 7.5). Can i use any of these? especially the IELTS test considering the Listening and Speaking sections.Or I have to write the IELTS LIFE SKILLS.

There's no more available DATE where I reside for the life skills test.

Please I will appreciate everyone's advise.

Cheers
My advice is do the correct IELTS Life Skills test. Because I saw so many refusals relating to this matter. They just need documents what is required in the application. Even if your scores higher than required level of English language they need correct proof for that which is ielts life skills test. My advice is don't take any risks when you applying visa. Good luck.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi All,

FINAL update,

I have received text message and email from VFS today evening to collect my passport and I'm so happy to say my visa is granted.

My time line is follows:
County: Sri Lanka
online application: 28 June 2017
Biometrics: 07 July 2017.
Documents send to UKVI Sheffield: 21 July 2017

Didn't receive any email from UKVI such as not straightforward or 31 October email. I have sent an email asking my application status on mid October but generic reply received saying still under processing. Didn't contact MP to escalate the case and no call or emails to escalate the case. Only one email and one call for check the application status. Today is exactly 100 business days from the biometrics and today received the text message and email to collect the passport from VFS. Finally my hard, stressful, painful waiting is over. This forum is really helpful for me to get an ideas and share our thoughts. I know there is lot of people waiting here for their visa. Be strong and positive you all get visa soon. I wish you all to get your visa soon. Thank you very much for all of you. Everyone one will get visa soon and join their loved once. Good luck for everyone.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Row17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by press1977
My advice is do the correct IELTS Life Skills test. Because I saw so many refusals relating to this matter. They just need documents what is required in the application. Even if your scores higher than required level of English language they need correct proof for that which is ielts life skills test. My advice is don't take any risks when you applying visa. Good luck.
Thanks for your response. I appreciate.

However, do you know about NARIC? I found on UK gov website that you can use Academic Qualification from UK NARIC. I have study with English all my life. And the cost involved in me travelling to another country is high.

Do you anyone that used UK NARIC?

Is there anyone in the house that used NARIC?

Thanks for your advise.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Row17
Thanks for your response. I appreciate.

However, do you know about NARIC? I found on UK gov website that you can use Academic Qualification from UK NARIC. I have study with English all my life. And the cost involved in me travelling to another country is high.

Do you anyone that used UK NARIC?

Is there anyone in the house that used NARIC?

Thanks for your advise.
Hi
No sorry about that i don't have idea about that. Its better if you consult a good solicitor and get the correct advice. Good luck.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Row17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by press1977
Hi
No sorry about that i don't have idea about that. Its better if you consult a good solicitor and get the correct advice. Good luck.
Thanks for your help.Will consult a solicitor
Old Nov 25th 2017, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting šŸ™

However I wanted to know from the recent applicants travelling to UK.. were your TB test report checked on arrival?
Coz mine is already expired and I heard from someone that you donā€™t need to do again.. but not very sure.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Bella Kemp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAsh
I'm not sure why your fiancee application has no refusal letter that comes with it, when I applied for my first family visit visa and got refused, there was a letter tucked inside my passport explaining why I got refused which was totally rubbish. My husband complained, argued and wrote to the HO Secretary (Theresa May at that time) and the UK embassy in Manila pointing out why those reasons for refusal were totally incorrect.
after that could you do anything to get your visa approved or had to apply a new one after 6 months? x
Old Nov 25th 2017, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Pkbxi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Still waiting šŸ™

However I wanted to know from the recent applicants travelling to UK.. were your TB test report checked on arrival?
Coz mine is already expired and I heard from someone that you donā€™t need to do again.. but not very sure.
My Mrs arrived Yday from India to the UK. We have the TB certificate and took it with us to the airport. I told my Mrs that if the UK border asks for TB then just say that my husband has it and is waiting for me outside.

My Mrs got to border and they did not even ask for TB, My Mrs said they only asked her what is your husbands name and what visa your on, after that they said welcome to the UK and enjoy. šŸ‘
Old Nov 26th 2017, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I gave in after months of waiting and sent an email to Sheffield asking the status of my application. I received an email back shortly afterwards that said a decision had been made and I can use the tracking number that I was given when giving in my biometrics to track the package. The tracking number is not recognized on the DHL website. Do I even believe them? Has anyone else who received an email from the contact centre actually got a decision?
Old Nov 27th 2017, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Sukiyaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am141
So I gave in after months of waiting and sent an email to Sheffield asking the status of my application. I received an email back shortly afterwards that said a decision had been made and I can use the tracking number that I was given when giving in my biometrics to track the package. The tracking number is not recognized on the DHL website. Do I even believe them? Has anyone else who received an email from the contact centre actually got a decision?
Hi,

I did the exect same thing and they said i should received my documents by the 23th Nov... and still nothing! so annoyed! i contacted my solicitor about it he said don't count on it and he's chasing it for me but still haven't heard! Hopefully soon!!!
Old Nov 27th 2017, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkbxi
My Mrs arrived Yday from India to the UK. We have the TB certificate and took it with us to the airport. I told my Mrs that if the UK border asks for TB then just say that my husband has it and is waiting for me outside.

My Mrs got to border and they did not even ask for TB, My Mrs said they only asked her what is your husbands name and what visa your on, after that they said welcome to the UK and enjoy. šŸ‘
Oh thanks for the update and many congratsšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š
Old Nov 27th 2017, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am141
I'd take whatever they say with a pinch of salt. Fingers crossed you hear back soon!
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Jayla4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I called the contact center on Friday and was told the decision has been made I asked about the date but they donā€™t know on which date and I havenā€™t received any emails or calls yet
I donā€™t know what to do šŸ˜•
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jayla4
I called the contact center on Friday and was told the decision have been made but they donā€™t know on which date and I havenā€™t received any emails or calls yet
I donā€™t know what to do šŸ˜•
Nothing you can do other than wait. The call centre don't have a clue, I wouldn't believe a word they say. Don't waste money contacting them.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Sapphire88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I haven't received any emails from Sheffield confirming that a decision has been made but I tracked my UPS package for the return courier that I purchased from VFS Global and it shows that it is in transit. Does anyone know if this means anything? (This was updated last week on the 24th)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.