Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Nov 21st 2017, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Sukiyaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by jfhjfh
YAY I GOT IT!!
Here is a timeline for anyone interested

Applying from: Brisbane, Australia
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement Visa
Priority/Non-Priority: Priority

Date application submitted: Online September 18, 2017

Date biometrics taken: September 22, 2017

Date documentation was received by UKVI: September 25, 2017 (scanned via VFS)

Email confirmation received: September 25 2017
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield, UK

Projected timeline given: 12 weeks

Email from VISAINFOSHEFO: 02/11/2017: Stating received my receipt however they have no supporting documents and to please scan everything myself within 5 days.
Sent scanned documents myself: 03/11/2017

Text Message from VFS: Visa Application Proccessed 20/11/2017
Picked up Passport: Visa Approved!! 21/11/2017

61 Days from Biometrics to Passport Pick up
so happy for you!!!!!!
Old Nov 21st 2017, 5:30 am
Just Joined

press1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Any good news in this week. 96 Business Days still waiting.. Does anyone check the status of the application recently who is in nearly 100 business days. Didn't hear anything from HO explaining why is getting delay. They should at least write to us when they not able give the decision within their normal time frame. However still waiting to hear good news from HO. Hope for the best. Good luck for everyone.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Brilliant stuff - so happy for you.
Many thanks - wife got her passport yesterday, visa approved. Flights already booked.

My thoughts are with all of you still waiting now, what a train wreck.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
Many thanks - wife got her passport yesterday, visa approved. Flights already booked.

My thoughts are with all of you still waiting now, what a train wreck.
I received a decision email last week on the 15th... but no sign of passport/visa yet! did your wife paid priority?? well I didn't but hope I get it soon.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 8:19 am
Just Joined

climo is an unknown quantity at this point

Dumb question. Where do I find the info that other people are posting on the timeline thread? What action on what date, etc
Old Nov 21st 2017, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by climo
Dumb question. Where do I find the info that other people are posting on the timeline thread? What action on what date, etc
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...899214/page15/
Old Nov 21st 2017, 8:57 am
Just Joined

climo is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh I see now. People are just inputting their own data and not looking it up through the gov website. Doh!
It's too early for me.

Perhaps people should only post to that thread when the visa has been issued or refused. In other words a full timeline.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
I received a decision email last week on the 15th... but no sign of passport/visa yet! did your wife paid priority?? well I didn't but hope I get it soon.
We did pay for priority shipping, so it came within 4 days.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Mahrpr99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been watching this thread for the past 12 weeks while waiting patiently to hear back about my husband's visa, and I love the support that everyone gives on here. My situation is - my husband did his biometrics in Toronto on 25.08.17 and received the email confirmation that it has been assigned to a case worker in Sheffield on 10.09.17.

I contacted UKVI customer service number last Wednesday 15th November and was told that a decision had been made on our application on Sun 12th November and we should get an email soon. My husband paid for UPS delivery to his house, so we keep checking the UPS tracking number also and still no updates. I felt really happy last week to be told a decision has been made, but as time goes on I'm just getting more angry and impatient - why haven't they emailed us or sent his passport back yet if they made a decision over a week ago?

If anyone else is in a similar situation please share, I'm getting very antsy
Old Nov 21st 2017, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Robbo sorehead is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robbo sorehead
We have been waiting since start of July - 95 working days from Cuba, non priority.

A couple of ' processing of application not straightforward ' emailed.

We have never been asked to clarify anything or provide more information or documents. They have confirmed they have sufficient documents. We also had the emailed about a decision before 31October.

I dont believe the application to be a difficult one, already confirmed genuine relationship, applicant already been in the UK twice on visitor visa and we aheard to all rules. Sponsors owns on home for years, as has a long term job above the required earning. All clearly marked in the application submitted by a lawyer.

Last update was no timescale. Its a nightmare. We could understand better if we were told the reason the application processing is not straightforward.

Good luck

Thankfully we have now received our visa.

This was 100 working days and 20 weeks from the biometrics. Decision made 17 Nov 17 and passport collected.

Good luck to everyone waiting keep patient and keep asking questions about the application and hopefully you hear soon.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Mannuatif is an unknown quantity at this point

Update
Recieved 2 emails today to collect passport. Will be collecting tomorrow morning 🤞please pray for me really nervous
Old Nov 21st 2017, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Ampem is an unknown quantity at this point

Over 200 working days and still waiting. Took Biometrics on February 7. Applied from Ghana. Anyone in my categories?
Old Nov 21st 2017, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mahrpr99
I've been watching this thread for the past 12 weeks while waiting patiently to hear back about my husband's visa, and I love the support that everyone gives on here. My situation is - my husband did his biometrics in Toronto on 25.08.17 and received the email confirmation that it has been assigned to a case worker in Sheffield on 10.09.17.

I contacted UKVI customer service number last Wednesday 15th November and was told that a decision had been made on our application on Sun 12th November and we should get an email soon. My husband paid for UPS delivery to his house, so we keep checking the UPS tracking number also and still no updates. I felt really happy last week to be told a decision has been made, but as time goes on I'm just getting more angry and impatient - why haven't they emailed us or sent his passport back yet if they made a decision over a week ago?

If anyone else is in a similar situation please share, I'm getting very antsy
Hi!!

I am in the same situation as your husband right now... same date and everything also received decision email last week and got told 'With regards to your query, If you do not recieve the documents by November 23, 2017, please reply this e-mail and request escalation on return of documents'

Am still waiting
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 12:18 am
Just Joined

press1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robbo sorehead
Thankfully we have now received our visa.

This was 100 working days and 20 weeks from the biometrics. Decision made 17 Nov 17 and passport collected.

Good luck to everyone waiting keep patient and keep asking questions about the application and hopefully you hear soon.
Hi
It's really happy to hear you got your visa. I'm also same like your timeline I did my biometrics on 7th July 2017 but I didn't receive any email from HO. Not even 31st October mail or case not straightforward email. I'm on 97 business days for today from the biometrics. Don't know how long I have to wait. Now your stressful and painful waiting is over. Wish you all the best and good luck for your future. You can celebrate Christmas and new year together with your loved once. Thanks for all your updates. Just one more thing to clarify. Have you contacted home office by email or call to check your application status?

Last edited by press1977; Nov 22nd 2017 at 12:29 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Mahrpr99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
Hi!!

I am in the same situation as your husband right now... same date and everything also received decision email last week and got told 'With regards to your query, If you do not recieve the documents by November 23, 2017, please reply this e-mail and request escalation on return of documents'

Am still waiting
Ugh it's so annoying! I've heard of a few people in a similar situation - what are they doing? Have they all gone on vacation or something?
Where have you applied from? Are you going to pick your documents up from a visa centre or have you paid for delivery?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.