Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Nov 20th 2017, 5:00 am
Just Joined

jfhjfh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

I think I got my visa (well hopefully it is in there)!! I got a text from VFS saying "The processed Visa Application for GW***** was received on 20/11/2017." Does that mean my passport is there? I will go in tomorrow morning anyway!

59 Days since I submitted Biometrics etc from Brisbane Australia - Priority.

OMG!!!
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

tempestadesm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jfhjfh
How do you all count your days?

From the date you receive the email from Sheffield that they have received your documents/ from the VFS Global Appointment or Online Application Date?

Thanks!
From the biometrics date
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Sukiyaki is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I got my visa (well hopefully it is in there)!! I got a text from VFS saying "The processed Visa Application for GW***** was received on 20/11/2017." Does that mean my passport is there? I will go in tomorrow morning anyway!

OMG!!!
If you have opted to collect your decision from a Visa Application Centre team they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection.

Did you get any other email or text? because i got the same text as you when I submitted my biometrics in brisbane....

Also I got this email last week saying I should recieve the documents by November 23, 2017.

I also just want to go to home office and see if my passport will be here as well!
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
If you have opted to collect your decision from a Visa Application Centre team they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection.

Did you get any other email or text? because i got the same text as you when I submitted my biometrics in brisbane....

Also I got this email last week saying I should recieve the documents by November 23, 2017.

I also just want to go to home office and see if my passport will be here as well!
When I submitted my biometrics I got a text saying "The visa application for GWF******* was forwarded to UKVI on 22/09/2017." then today I got only a text saying my proccessed application was received... no other email or anything? Hmmm! Will go in tomorrow
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:11 am
Just Joined

When I submitted my biometrics I got a text saying "The visa application for GWF******* was forwarded to UKVI on 22/09/2017." then today I got only a text saying my proccessed application was received... no other email or anything? Hmmm! Will go in tomorrow
ahhh good luck!! I hope it's there for you! Hoping mine will arrive soon too! I am so tired of waiting! someone i know she submitted around the same time as me just receiieved here passport by post last week on her 60 days mark. so
Old Nov 20th 2017, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Tabi85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,
Sheffield send me the decision by email now. They refuse my entry clearance because they said you have no evidence of your husband first divorce.
I didn't put this evidence because i thought was not importand.
Our marriage certificate prove that he is eligilble to marry with me.
Can you help me please what to do. How to appeal?
They are agree with financial requirements and english certificate and they are not agree with relationships.

Last edited by Tabi85; Nov 20th 2017 at 10:14 am.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tabi85
Hi ,
Sheffield send me the decision by email now. They refuse my entry clearance because they said you have no evidence of your husband first divorce.
They are agree with financial requirements and english certificate and they are not agree with relationships.
OMG i am so sorry to hear this! I am not an expert but from what i know they should have asked for more evidence before they made the decision??? also do you have a lawyer who can help you with this? you probably will have to resubmit it again with the evidence they need. Something similar happened with a friend of mine but he went through an agency so they dealt with it. Good luck i know how you feel!
Old Nov 20th 2017, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Congratulations to you both
thank you
Old Nov 20th 2017, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

sassceeme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

I contacted HO to check my status, already knowing that I would get a generic response and I received this email back. I replied answering the questions but found it a bit odd considering they would already have all of this information if they actually checked my status as all of this information is on the first page of our application. Has anyone else received an email like this and if so have you received a decision yet?

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service.

In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date.

Your patience will be highly appreciated.

However please provide the following information:

* Applicant's full name:
* Date of Birth:
* IHS Reference Number:
* Passport Number
* GWF Reference number:
* Place of submission (City&Country):
* Type of visa applied for:
* Have you paid for a priority service?:
* Date of biometrics:
* Nationality:
* Applicant's Email:
Old Nov 20th 2017, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point

A decision has been made. Day 145.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
Well who'd have thought it. Day 136 and a decision email arrives.
Brilliant stuff - so happy for you.

Originally Posted by tempestadesm
I'm going home!
Congratulations!

Originally Posted by Faisal93
Thank you.
Are you still waiting?
Yep, i'm still waiting. 53 business days, standard application.

How do you all count your days?

From the date you receive the email from Sheffield that they have received your documents/ from the VFS Global Appointment or Online Application Date?

Thanks!
From the biometrics date.

OMG!!!
Fingers crossed a visa is ready & waiting for you.

Hi ,
You should have included that in there - i guess it was a vital piece of documentation. I don't think it would be best to appeal, you'd rather start a new application and submit it. It'll be quicker than an appeal.

Originally Posted by poliphilus
A decision has been made. Day 145.
Finally, a sigh of relief. Hope the visa is ready and waiting for you.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Tabi85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
OMG i am so sorry to hear this! I am not an expert but from what i know they should have asked for more evidence before they made the decision??? also do you have a lawyer who can help you with this? you probably will have to resubmit it again with the evidence they need. Something similar happened with a friend of mine but he went through an agency so they dealt with it. Good luck i know how you feel!
No I don't have a lawer. I did application myself. I didn't think they will need his divorce certificate. Because to do our marriage my husband prove Certificate of No Impediment. If he wouldn't be divorced he couldn't get it.
But they refused. It's really painful after 126 working day in waiting.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Please let me know how you go today picking up your visa/passport... Good luck
Old Nov 20th 2017, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

YAY I GOT IT!!
Here is a timeline for anyone interested

Applying from: Brisbane, Australia
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement Visa
Priority/Non-Priority: Priority

Date application submitted: Online September 18, 2017

Date biometrics taken: September 22, 2017

Date documentation was received by UKVI: September 25, 2017 (scanned via VFS)

Email confirmation received: September 25 2017
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield, UK

Projected timeline given: 12 weeks

Email from VISAINFOSHEFO: 02/11/2017: Stating received my receipt however they have no supporting documents and to please scan everything myself within 5 days.
Sent scanned documents myself: 03/11/2017

Text Message from VFS: Visa Application Proccessed 20/11/2017
Picked up Passport: Visa Approved!! 21/11/2017

61 Days from Biometrics to Passport Pick up
Old Nov 20th 2017, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

No I don't have a lawer. I did application myself. I didn't think they will need his divorce certificate. Because to do our marriage my husband prove Certificate of No Impediment. If he wouldn't be divorced he couldn't get it.
But they refused. It's really painful after 126 working day in waiting.
Why would you not include evidence of your divorce = divorce certificate is one of the documents they suggest sending in the guidance notes.

Unfortunately, there are incidents of people getting married but are still legally married to other people !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.