Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 31st 2017, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by london_2005
it looks like they've started processing 2nd half of June now - seen some decisions made emails both in this and other forums.. fingers crossed
Still waiting for first half of May. Admittedly we didn't bother with the priority service. "Why bother" we thought. We had almost 3 months before we needed to have the visa and the website stated 30 days for 95% of cases. Ours is about as straight forward as it gets and we tick all the boxes so why bother indeed. Now coming up to 12 weeks tomorrow and still no sign of the Visa.

Bunch of wonkers!! The least they could do is issue a statement stating the realistic estimated processing times.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to dampen anyone's hopes, and of course as they say every application is different but today marks 16 weeks (77 working days) since our PRIORITY applications were received by Sheffield on 10th April (our full details are in post 34 back on page 3)
We sent another email last week, this time they replied asking us to send them the applicants passport numbers, What? you want us to send you the numbers of the passports you have been holding in Sheffield for almost 4 months. You couldn't make this stuff up could you?.
Anyway we did as requested and finally got a reply "Your enquiry has been referred to the relevant department for consideration." We hope this mean that our file has at last been escalated.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britflyer
I don't want to dampen anyone's hopes, and of course as they say every application is different but today marks 16 weeks (77 working days) since our PRIORITY applications were received by Sheffield on 10th April (our full details are in post 34 back on page 3)
We sent another email last week, this time they replied asking us to send them the applicants passport numbers, What? you want us to send you the numbers of the passports you have been holding in Sheffield for almost 4 months. You couldn't make this stuff up could you?.
Anyway we did as requested and finally got a reply "Your enquiry has been referred to the relevant department for consideration." We hope this mean that our file has at last been escalated.
I so hope you are finally getting somewhere. Today marks 62 days for us and after another call this morning at which I was also asked for info I have submitted again just last week, we may have finally got an escalation. It seems many of us are in this position. It seems like a lottery and is an example of the most inconsiderate almost inhumane treatment of people. Once it's over I will certainly be making my views clear. Keep strong and keep faith that is all we can do. Cheers Clive
Old Jul 31st 2017, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point

I called again today for an update, I was informed it was escalated on the 21st July and is now with the Home Office. Told not to bother calling again as they are out of the loop now (ridiculous) in the next sentence told also that I can call on the 11th August for an update namely because this is 15 working days since escalation was started (also ridiculous).
It would be 60 working days on the 10th August.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichInna
I called again today for an update, I was informed it was escalated on the 21st July and is now with the Home Office. Told not to bother calling again as they are out of the loop now (ridiculous) in the next sentence told also that I can call on the 11th August for an update namely because this is 15 working days since escalation was started (also ridiculous).
It would be 60 working days on the 10th August.
The usual smoke and mirrors, of course (as you know) the application had always been with the Home Office albeit a branch of the Home Office, next they will be telling us its now with Amber Rudd. As you say all completely ridiculous, I cant believe they are treating their own citizens in this despicable way.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it hard to breathe every time I read these posts. I was looking forward to this week because some day this week, (still get confused what day I should start counting) will be our 60 working days, but the more I read the more I loose hope. Our lawyer sent another email on Tuesday or Wednesday last week, still no reply. It seems to be getting worse and worse. We have emailed many times previously and although it was not much help, at least they replied! Now it seems more and more people are getting no responses. Inhumane treatment sums it up really. Not only our our hearts completely broken and most of us turned crazy and they don't even have the f***ing decency to say "sorry, there are delays at the moment but we haven't forgotten about you, it's probably going to take ..... amount of time" they just hide behind "your case wasn't straight forward" or "we needed more info (that we never asked you for)"
So tired of it all now and so so so annoyed that I fell for the '15 working days'
Can't wait for this nightmare to be over!!
Old Jul 31st 2017, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Sheffield are asking us for a fresh set of supporting documents for our dependent child aged
17. As she is under 18 surely you only send one set of supporting documents, which include
the childs docs like birth certificate etc. This is worrying me so please any of you with kids under 18 did you send full supporting documents for each of them. a quick reply would ease
my stress!!!
Old Aug 1st 2017, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Ahhhhh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Still waiting for first half of May. Admittedly we didn't bother with the priority service. "Why bother" we thought. We had almost 3 months before we needed to have the visa and the website stated 30 days for 95% of cases. Ours is about as straight forward as it gets and we tick all the boxes so why bother indeed. Now coming up to 12 weeks tomorrow and still no sign of the Visa.

Bunch of wonkers!! The least they could do is issue a statement stating the realistic estimated processing times.
We are now in August and the UKVI site still shows visa processing stats for May (they haven't been updated in over a month). According to the UKVI charter, statistics will be updated on a monthly basis. The published stats are misleading and they are failing to meet the terms of their own charter. I have filed a complaint with UKVI but it takes 20 working days to get a reply. I have also just emailed the office for national statistics regulation.

"If you have a concern about the quality or use of UK official statistics please email [email protected]. All concerns will be investigated and responded to. Our public responses to such concerns are available on our correspondence page."

With my application having been decided last week, my visa saga is almost (hopefully) over. Because the process has been so awful due to the lack of information, I fully intend to follow up with my complaints. I just hope that more people are doing the same.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 5:28 am
Just Joined

4jtam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
Sheffield are asking us for a fresh set of supporting documents for our dependent child aged
17. As she is under 18 surely you only send one set of supporting documents, which include
the childs docs like birth certificate etc. This is worrying me so please any of you with kids under 18 did you send full supporting documents for each of them. a quick reply would ease
my stress!!!
As we applied in Hong Kong via VFS, they scanned two independent children applications separately, but wrote remarks on the page to refer to my husband's application like financial requirements etc.

Our current status is husband's case decided , but both children received non straightforward email and asked us to pay IHS due to system bug which we paid and acknowledged yesterday. Sheffield didn't ask further doc so far.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 4jtam
As we applied in Hong Kong via VFS, they scanned two independent children applications separately, but wrote remarks on the page to refer to my husband's application like financial requirements etc.

Our current status is husband's case decided , but both children received non straightforward email and asked us to pay IHS due to system bug which we paid and acknowledged yesterday. Sheffield didn't ask further doc so far.
Yes they have my step daughters application but were asking for full supporting docs to go with her application too when it is clearly referenced to link it with my wife application which has the supporting documents including my daughters. I could understand it if she was not a minor but she is!!!!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2017, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received this!!! Exactly 60 working days after biometrics taken and docs scanned

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
Old Aug 1st 2017, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Colesy898
I just received this!!! Exactly 60 working days after biometrics taken and docs scanned

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
Wow this is great..Here's hoping that the news is what we ALL want to hear...
Old Aug 1st 2017, 12:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colesy898

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
Old Aug 1st 2017, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

I am in the process of applying for my husbands spouse visa from USA to UK.

Under spouse details it asks this:
will your spouse partner be traveling with you? answer is YES
then asks:
Current passport #. Is that the sponsor or the applicant?????
Old Aug 1st 2017, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cdfergus
I am in the process of applying for my husbands spouse visa from USA to UK.

Under spouse details it asks this:
will your spouse partner be traveling with you? answer is YES
then asks:
Current passport #. Is that the sponsor or the applicant?????
If you are both travelling you will need to give passport number for yourself. Are you in the States now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.