Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 30th 2017, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by garyede
I can confirm i have got something similar. Like you i have had nothing to say that they are working on my wife case just that there is a problem and might not meet the timeline. I know my case is solid but trying to read between the lines i think that Sheffield are processing the easy cases no kids within the 60 days and those with kids pushing back another 3 months. I wouldn't worry it doesn't mean anything it just means a longer wait and more frustration. my 60 days ends 2 August and have sent a letter from my solicitor which i am giving them 10 days to answer. If no joy after the 10 days i will contact my MP and escalate the matter because they broke the service level agreement. My advise stay calm as best you can.!!
i forgot to mention i have one dependant child
Old Jul 30th 2017, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

4jtam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi garyede,

May I know did you also receive the same email for your dependent child and no news for your wife's case so far? Case under priority or non-priority? Which country did you apply from?

Originally Posted by garyede
i forgot to mention i have one dependant child
Old Jul 30th 2017, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hi all,

I have all documents set and ready. I am going to TSL to submit on 1st August. Online its submitted and Paid for.

Last minute Questions:

Question 1.
When they asked me if I have ever been rejected a visa on the online form.

I said the trurh which is "YES"
Visa qas rejected to Netherlands in December 2015 due to lack of sufficient funds.

Do you think that can give me troubles with getting a visa?

Question 2.

My husband asked the bank for 6 months bank statements from 1st Jan or 24th Jan to 24th July.

Bank said they can only give from 1st Feb to 24th July. This makes it 5 months and 24days on the statement.

Is that a problem?

Should he print the January statement he can access online?
As well as maybe from 24th to 30th July just incase?

Please please Please Advise.

Thank you all
Old Jul 30th 2017, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 4jtam
Hi garyede,

May I know did you also receive the same email for your dependent child and no news for your wife's case so far? Case under priority or non-priority? Which country did you apply from?
Yes more or less, no news regards my wife case. It is a non priority from the Philippines. So like you pretty annoyed but we are a lot further on down the timeline than you which is why i will escalate things after 60 days
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by chandni
Hi all,

I have all documents set and ready. I am going to TSL to submit on 1st August. Online its submitted and Paid for.

Last minute Questions:

Question 1.
When they asked me if I have ever been rejected a visa on the online form.

I said the trurh which is "YES"
Visa qas rejected to Netherlands in December 2015 due to lack of sufficient funds.

Do you think that can give me troubles with getting a visa?

Question 2.

My husband asked the bank for 6 months bank statements from 1st Jan or 24th Jan to 24th July.

Bank said they can only give from 1st Feb to 24th July. This makes it 5 months and 24days on the statement.

Is that a problem?

Should he print the January statement he can access online?
As well as maybe from 24th to 30th July just incase?

Please please Please Advise.

Thank you all
1- there shouldn't be a problem as far as you have sort it out.

2- you actually need 6 months bank statement. I believe you should arrange for it. It can be a reason of your rejection so why take a risk?
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
1- there shouldn't be a problem as far as you have sort it out.

2- you actually need 6 months bank statement. I believe you should arrange for it. It can be a reason of your rejection so why take a risk?
Thank you Blackpearl.

On the bank statement issue. Is it Ok if he prints out the remianing days statements from his online account to compile 6months?
Or does it have to come from thr bank?
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Blackpearl.

On the bank statement issue. Is it Ok if he prints out the remianing days statements from his online account to compile 6months?
Or does it have to come from thr bank?
you could print the last one and take it to the bank to stamp it.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by omario2016
you could print the last one and take it to the bank to stamp it.
Ooooh..
Well i have all the documents with me amd Im submitting them 9am on Tuesday along with Biometrics.

Do you think He can post them directly to UKVI home office once all the documents I have on me have reached?
If yes, How does he go about it?
Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Gary can I please ask does your dependent child hold a British Passport?
Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooooh..
Well i have all the documents with me amd Im submitting them 9am on Tuesday along with Biometrics.

Do you think He can post them directly to UKVI home office once all the documents I have on me have reached?
If yes, How does he go about it?
Chandni, I feel for you. compiling docs prior to Biometrics is a challenge.

My advice to you is your husband should write a separate letter explaining his banks inability to provide that last statement, and this is why you are attaching internet copy. Also a corresponding copy of his salary slip from that 'missing' month might help. Get him to send it through by email to you today. Print his letter and attach it it the bank statement bundle.

The ECO then has something that explains the position and might keep you in the game, as opposed to a blanket rejection for not having the required documents. All in my opinion, I am no expert.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Chandni, I feel for you. compiling docs prior to Biometrics is a challenge.

My advice to you is your husband should write a separate letter explaining his banks inability to provide that last statement, and this is why you are attaching internet copy. Also a corresponding copy of his salary slip from that 'missing' month might help. Get him to send it through by email to you today. Print his letter and attach it it the bank statement bundle.

The ECO then has something that explains the position and might keep you in the game, as opposed to a blanket rejection for not having the required documents. All in my opinion, I am no expert.

Hi Kernowlan,

Thank you for the response.
Whats the ECO?

So his bank provided 1st feb - 24th July.
Ill get him to write a letter stating he has provided 1st jan- 5th feb & 20th July-28th July.
I have his pay slips from August 2016 - July 2017.
Should that be ok?
Old Jul 31st 2017, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Gary can I please ask does your dependent child hold a British Passport?
She doesn't own a British passport she is my stepdaughter. Her biological father has passed away so there are no complications with father(s) who could be contributing to the family funds. My wife has provided the death certificate and Cenomar which is like

a history of her relationships. She was just married once. Like others we have already organised education and she is supposed to be starting university in mid September so the delays do not help. We have not seen each other since October
my passport has now expired on 23rd May but dare not get another and visit in case we get a call and miss something. I also feel more in control being in the UK. I am also guessing that the recent legislation with regards the Supreme court
(see my recent posts) has not helped cases with kids as applicants who do not meet the minimum financial threshold may get a second bite of the cherry and these cases are being put on hold. However, this does not help us who do meet the financial threshold but are still told the case is not straightforward. Of course i am theorising about what Sheffield are up to but i reckon i am not far off. If i was a manager in Sheffield (i used to be a civil servant) i would concentrate on the easy cases to try and break the back of the backload of cases. You must also remember that the Home Office recruited 220 new staff albeit a bit late and are probably just about coming out of training or even not got there yet so things might get worse before
they get better which is why in my opinion Sheffield are buying time. I am not 100% critical of Sheffield they could not have foreseen the massive increase in applications in the last few months but i am critical of the lack of poor communication which has been awarded to third parties. It is unacceptable that the organisation cannot give accurate information about the status of folks applications because this increases worry and uncertainty as everyone has tentative plans in place for their families for the future.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clive157
My partner and I lodged our same sex fiance visa application in Bangkok on 4th May and paid huge priority fee - seemingly more than the UK £400. Had confirmation of docs receipt from Sheffield shortly after. Heard nothing after 15 days and after getting no where via email except for email confirming priority staus I called at £20 cost in early June to be told it would be escalated but was sent no form for this or even told a form was available. It's now nearly 60 days and we have not heard a word. Can anyone advise how best to contact them regarding an escalation form? I understood we had to be given a response within 60 days. Is this still the case - I really don't know what to expect. Very frustrating and stressful for us all no doubt! Best of luck to everyone. Thanks

Update: Attempted to escalate last week as approaching day 60. Email back on 25/7 saying reply in 2 days. Received nothing. Called this morning and there is no record on any escalation on file or previous requests. Decision still not made. Now over day 60. Assured this time will escalate and given ref number, indicated could be 2 more weeks - I don't hold out hope. Person I spoke to was nice enough but no control and unable or unwilling to give any reason for delay other than some cases are more complicated. Can see no reason why ours would be complicated at all. Simply no acknowledgement of the chaos at their end. So nothing changes...
Old Jul 31st 2017, 9:33 am
Just Joined

4jtam is an unknown quantity at this point

Update: Just got email notification today to ask for IHS payment for children. It is very confused kids need to pay IHS now but they realised there is system bug on IHS payment platform on child page. We just settled payment as per requested, hope the case is now being process and wouldn't take too long for approval.

Originally Posted by 4jtam
Hi all,

We just received emails for my two sons applications are not straightforward and cannot process in normal 60 days.

I am the sponsor, my husband is applying spouse settlement visa with two boys under dependent settlement visas.

Our timeline below:
Application from Hong Kong
Priority
Online application: 28 June
Bio-metrics and documents scanned at VFS: 5 July
Confirmation of receipt in Sheffield: 6 July
Email notification (not straightforward):30 July 2017
Decision made: Awaiting
Email to collect documents from VFS: Awaiting
Passport collected with approved visa: Awaiting

My concern is only email notifications for two boys just received few hours ago, but no email notification for my husband's case. Can anyone comment of the above case, anyone experienced the same?

I wonder would it be the normal process of email sent out for all dependent visa applications due to decision has to be made upon spouse visa is approved?

Hope that is the case, as it's so strange no email notification for my husband application but only two boys.

Appreciate to have your comments. Thanks.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

it looks like they've started processing 2nd half of June now - seen some decisions made emails both in this and other forums.. fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.