Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by haldane86
So after a very long day of waiting for the courier to arrive with my passport and documents it finally happened.... I spent a further hour just gawking at the envelope too scared to open it for fear of rejection. Well finally opened it and Approved Approved Approved 😀 I'm so happy. Wishing everybody the with speedy approvals x will keep following you all for updates
Congrats😄
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone from Australia who applied for settlement visa and still waiting? I'm applied from Brisbane 24 July priority, now on my second escalation.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haldane86
So after a very long day of waiting for the courier to arrive with my passport and documents it finally happened.... I spent a further hour just gawking at the envelope too scared to open it for fear of rejection. Well finally opened it and Approved Approved Approved 😀 I'm so happy. Wishing everybody the best with speedy approvals x will keep following you all for updates
Wow so happy for you! All the best and more of us waiting may we have your good luck too
Old Oct 7th 2017, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Pminette is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Canuck001
Paid the arm and a leg Priority fee because I was hoping to make it for my son's 3rd birthday, but that's come and gone. Already missed my wife's birthday so I thought I'd give it a shot. Now there are 2 dream job openings in my trade and I would like to email my resume, just don't know if I'll be in the UK for the interview. C'mon Sheffield pickup the pace, opportunities are knocking and you took out the door handle!!!!
Wow I am sorry you had to miss those things! I know exactly what you mean though. I am a teacher who has secured several positions over the past year and a half (I have 2 years experience in London schools already ... that's how I met my husband) and am having to tell headteachers over and over " so sorry that I'm making you wait but it's out of my control". The kicker is that there is a massive shortage of teachers right now... my poor class has probably had a slew of supply teachers already this year! Hoping for the best for you!

Last edited by Pminette; Oct 7th 2017 at 3:31 am.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IKInd
UK Naric certificate for English
Applied in march still waiting from India... worst service... I believe Indians are particularly on hold...
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Applied in march still waiting from India... worst service... I believe Indians are particularly on hold...
Agreed!
Old Oct 7th 2017, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, sorry not been in touch. Last week was a bit sensitive and I decided to keep quiet. My MP verbally by phone (two calls to me) promised to meet and engage with the appropriate government Minister at the Conservative Party Conference. He did exactly as he promised.

Almost instantaneously my wife got a call from the Embassy in Bangkok seeking clarity on the A1 Certificate which evidently got mislaid in Sheffield. Once clarified, my wife got another call from the Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday asking her what date she would like to travel. On Thursday decision made email received and SMS message to her phone, followed by Courier tracker by SMS for the passport now despatched. This morning the passport arrived in Northern Thailand APPROVED. Vignette in order. 116 working days.

We believe Sheffield were directed to send the whole application back to Bangkok, and it was the consular staff in the Embassy that processed it. We deduce Sheffield are totally unable to cope with the backlog of forgotten applications.

Our advice here is clear, persevere with you MP, remain calm, and non confrontational. We wish each of you the very best of luck.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hi everyone, sorry not been in touch. Last week was a bit sensitive and I decided to keep quiet. My MP verbally by phone (two calls to me) promised to meet and engage with the appropriate government Minister at the Conservative Party Conference. He did exactly as he promised.

Almost instantaneously my wife got a call from the Embassy in Bangkok seeking clarity on the A1 Certificate which evidently got mislaid in Sheffield. Once clarified, my wife got another call from the Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday asking her what date she would like to travel. On Thursday decision made email received and SMS message to her phone, followed by Courier tracker by SMS for the passport now despatched. This morning the passport arrived in Northern Thailand APPROVED. Vignette in order. 116 working days.

We believe Sheffield were directed to send the whole application back to Bangkok, and it was the consular staff in the Embassy that processed it. We deduce Sheffield are totally unable to cope with the backlog of forgotten applications.

Our advice here is clear, persevere with you MP, remain calm, and non confrontational. We wish each of you the very best of luck.
Congratulations! I was wondering what had happened to you. Well done to your MP, too.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi people, anyone that has applied from India, and received the ‘31st October email’ from Sheffield - please mention yourself, about the Settlement Application Date and whether or not you have received the Visa confirmation. Appreciate ur time. Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2017, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Following my last post, those who are still awaiting decision and received “31st October” email - please mention ur Application Date; Place; and whether or not U have received any further updates. Appreciate ur time. Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2017, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rvg1212
Following my last post, those who are still awaiting decision and received “31st October” email - please mention ur Application Date; Place; and whether or not U have received any further updates. Appreciate ur time. Thanks
28th April at Accra Ghana
Old Oct 7th 2017, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi people, anyone that has applied from India, and received the ‘31st October email’ from Sheffield - please mention yourself, about the Settlement Application Date and whether or not you have received the Visa confirmation. Appreciate ur time. Thanks
after receiving the 31th message I haven't seen or gotten any info
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Why?
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Sgur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
21st april biometrics; applied from india; received "not straightforward and 31 oct email".Just hoping to get the visa soon.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sydvir is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there anyone who got the 31st October email , received the not straightforward email recently??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.