Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)

Old Oct 7th 2017, 3:48 pm   #1981
Just Joined

Amina12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

I applied for a fiancee visa With priorty service on 4th aug but on this 5 th oct I collectrd passport from VFS and visa was refused and the funny thing is no refusal letter. I called contact center of ukvi they said it must be sent by email but I got nothing. Can anyone tell me once visa is refused after how long they send decision letter. It s hurting me badly to get refused visa without to know reason
Amina12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 3:56 pm   #1982
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAsh View Post
Why?
Want to see a trend on how many received the 31st Oct email, and still waiting for decision, & what place and when the application was made.
rvg1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 4:32 pm   #1983
JAsh 
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina12 View Post
I applied for a fiancee visa With priorty service on 4th aug but on this 5 th oct I collectrd passport from VFS and visa was refused and the funny thing is no refusal letter. I called contact center of ukvi they said it must be sent by email but I got nothing. Can anyone tell me once visa is refused after how long they send decision letter. It s hurting me badly to get refused visa without to know reason
I'm not sure why your fiancee application has no refusal letter that comes with it, when I applied for my first family visit visa and got refused, there was a letter tucked inside my passport explaining why I got refused which was totally rubbish. My husband complained, argued and wrote to the HO Secretary (Theresa May at that time) and the UK embassy in Manila pointing out why those reasons for refusal were totally incorrect.
JAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 4:44 pm   #1984
JAsh 
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvg1212 View Post
Want to see a trend on how many received the 31st Oct email, and still waiting for decision, & what place and when the application was made.
Sent online application 1st June when I was still in the UK as tourist.

Biometrics in Manila, Philippines 22nd June

Received the 31st October email on 25th September.

Have not heard anything from either HO or UK embassy in Manila. I've actually given up hope that I'll ever get this visa.
JAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 7:33 pm   #1985
j4v3d Male
Forum Regular

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedbandit View Post
my wife was contacted on Thursday morning buy VFS in Bangkok .
they asked her when she planned to travel ..
which was a strange question because we too had the 31th October email
and we had not been told weather a decision had been made .
on Friday we got the message that a decision had been made passport was being posted out ...

so reading between lines im presuming she has been successful...but not im getting my hopes up to much.

applied may 5th
so 109 days
Fingers crossed it's an approved visa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldane86 View Post
So after a very long day of waiting for the courier to arrive with my passport and documents it finally happened.... I spent a further hour just gawking at the envelope too scared to open it for fear of rejection. Well finally opened it and Approved Approved Approved 😀 I'm so happy. Wishing everybody the best with speedy approvals x will keep following you all for updates
Congratulations, not sure how you waited a further hour and then opened the envelope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Applied in march still waiting from India... worst service... I believe Indians are particularly on hold...
Not necessarily, there are many people like yourselves that have been waiting since around that time, people from Pakistan/Bangladesh for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernowIan View Post
Hi everyone, sorry not been in touch. Last week was a bit sensitive and I decided to keep quiet. My MP verbally by phone (two calls to me) promised to meet and engage with the appropriate government Minister at the Conservative Party Conference. He did exactly as he promised.

Almost instantaneously my wife got a call from the Embassy in Bangkok seeking clarity on the A1 Certificate which evidently got mislaid in Sheffield. Once clarified, my wife got another call from the Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday asking her what date she would like to travel. On Thursday decision made email received and SMS message to her phone, followed by Courier tracker by SMS for the passport now despatched. This morning the passport arrived in Northern Thailand APPROVED. Vignette in order. 116 working days.

We believe Sheffield were directed to send the whole application back to Bangkok, and it was the consular staff in the Embassy that processed it. We deduce Sheffield are totally unable to cope with the backlog of forgotten applications.

Our advice here is clear, persevere with you MP, remain calm, and non confrontational. We wish each of you the very best of luck.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzz007 View Post
does anyone know the potential timing for settlement applications made this month?. from pakistan. I submitted supporting documents last week( priority) - i get the feeling it will take ages( after reading some posts on this forum).
Not sure the timings for this month, but whatever it is, it sure will be around the 60-90 days mark. Prepare for a long wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina12 View Post
You should normally get a refusal letter with the passport, i'd chase this up and make sure they send you this information via email/letter.
j4v3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 10:53 pm   #1986
Just Joined

Faisal93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAsh View Post
Sent online application 1st June when I was still in the UK as tourist.

Biometrics in Manila, Philippines 22nd June

Received the 31st October email on 25th September.

Have not heard anything from either HO or UK embassy in Manila. I've actually given up hope that I'll ever get this visa.

Applied May 2 - non priority - Pakistan

Received- 31st October on 25th September

Not had any updates since
Faisal93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 12:57 am   #1987
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Following my last post, those who are still awaiting decision and received “31st October” email - please mention ur Application Date; Place; and whether or not U have received any further updates. Appreciate ur time. Thanks
Application date: 19th April 2017.
Place: The Gambia, non priority.
Received 31st October email, escalated for the 2nd time & no further updates besides the " your case has been escalated to the relevant department on (29th September 2017)" email. no decision still.
PaManjang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:06 am   #1988
Am141 
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Following my last post, those who are still awaiting decision and received “31st October” email - please mention ur Application Date; Place; and whether or not U have received any further updates. Appreciate ur time. Thanks
Application date June 14th Canada
Received “Escalated to relevant department” email on sept 25th same day as oct 31st email no updates since
Am141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 2:59 am   #1989
Mrsd11 
Just Joined

Mrsd11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application Date: 14 April
Biometrics Date : 20 April
Place : Philippines, Manila
Received not straightforward and on hold application : 14 July
Contacted HO for escalation & MP for help
Received 31 Oct email.
No news, still waiting........
120 days tomorrow 09 Oct.
Mrsd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 4:48 am   #1990
Just Joined

You should normally get a refusal letter with the passport, i'd chase this up and make sure they send you this information via email/letter.[/QUOTE]

I saw someone else here on this threas had same problem as me and she got refusal letter one month later after she kept chasing them up.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 4:53 am   #1991
Just Joined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm123 View Post
After chasing UKVI several times for a decision letter,we finally got the letter by email today .Our Application was refused because I left My husband two days after our wedding and why didn't I visit him or why didn't he make an effort to visit me..ECO noted that I was pregnant at that time and I had our child in uk .He was satisfied with everything apart from the fact we haven't any asset together,and not visited each other for more than one year .I spent 3 weeks with my hubby before our wedding and I had visited him several times prior to our wedding,we just got married so how does the ECO expect us to have assets together.OUR only asset is our child .I am definitely going for an Appeal.
Because I am a full time student ,I work as well and I could not travel in and out of Africa with heavy pregnancy .
Guys,do you think appeal is the best option for me please?
I am having same problem also. I got refused without to receive refusal letter. I called them and emailed them but looks like dealing with a wall. I can t wait a month to know reason why they refused my visa. They are really torturing people.
Which way you used to get your information from them?.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 7:53 am   #1992
b813 
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if they will hold onto your passport once a decision has been made until after they've sent your supporting documents back to you first?

We apparently had our decision made on Thursday (5th Oct) but we are yet to receive an email formally informing us. We only found out by calling UKVI on Friday. We also received an email on Friday requesting for us to send in a prepaid envelope for them to return our supporting documents, but no mention of a decision being made. I'm not sure if they are waiting for the prepaid envelope to send our supporting documents back to us before they'll release my passport back to me?

Would be great to hear if anyone has had a similar experience?
b813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:38 am   #1993
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by b813 View Post
Does anyone know if they will hold onto your passport once a decision has been made until after they've sent your supporting documents back to you first?

We apparently had our decision made on Thursday (5th Oct) but we are yet to receive an email formally informing us. We only found out by calling UKVI on Friday. We also received an email on Friday requesting for us to send in a prepaid envelope for them to return our supporting documents, but no mention of a decision being made. I'm not sure if they are waiting for the prepaid envelope to send our supporting documents back to us before they'll release my passport back to me?

Would be great to hear if anyone has had a similar experience?
Same with me,had a decision on the 2nd of oct and went to vfs hong kong but was told they don't have my passport yet. Sent an email again and was informed it will take within 10 working days for me to get my passport back

Last edited by diane1982; Oct 8th 2017 at 8:39 am. Reason: typo error
diane1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 10:56 am   #1994
andsa 
Just Joined

andsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied Bangkok: non priority.
Date of biometrics: 7 july
Call received 5th october asking when she was ready to fly.
Decision made: 5th october (64 business days)
Passport recieved: 7th October
Visa granted.
Will have my wife and 2 children all together next Friday after what feels like an eternity. Absolutely over the moon.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences on this difficult process,alot of posts helped keep me going. congratulations to all who have received and good luck to all still waiting. Patience is a virtue.
andsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 11:18 am   #1995
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydvir View Post
Hi
My friends applied on April 3rd and 8th got their visa on 3rd of October.
One of them got that email .

Did they apply from India?
rvg1212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)