Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 5th 2017, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by shielacity
From what country ?
I'm Australia July 24 priority
Old Oct 5th 2017, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Haggisandtatties is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband just got a call from the British embassy in Bangkok asking for entry date and saying he should get his visa next week!! Today marks 104 days
Old Oct 5th 2017, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andsa
We also sent an email with no reply and a phone call which didn't tell us very much. Your application sounds more urgent than ours to. They seem to be getting through them now so just keep faith.
Always keeping the faith. I left uk on a tourist visa i was 15 weeks pregnant and apply my settlement visa here. I didn’t expect that I will wait this long.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Haggisandtatties
My husband just got a call from the British embassy in Bangkok asking for entry date and saying he should get his visa next week!! Today marks 104 days
That’s a goodnews . congratulations
Old Oct 5th 2017, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by MA17
114 days since 26th April
Please guys confirm if you received an email from sheffield visa section and not decision making department. Saying sorry for not responding to your queries on August. What do you guys think i should say back to them. The query was a hospital letter and escalation but i dont think this helped anyway..i dont know what to reply?
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to ur hubby
Hoping that ours comes soon
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:09 am
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonnz
I'm Australia July 24 priority
Japn july 27 priority.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Minho86
Thanks buddy much appreciated and well said. Fingers crossed. I’ve decided next week if no more news then I’m pulling out
How many days have you waited in total? I'd hang in there and not pull out.

Originally Posted by ozzyc
Hi, I received an email from Sheffield on Monday morning (3:40am!) That a decision have been made.
I went to VAC on same day afternoon to check if my passport was ready, but been told that it would be ready within 10 days.
Has anyone had similar experience? On tlscontact website it still doesn't show that a decision made.
You'll have to wait and the passport will soon be ready for you to collect. Congratulations on the decision made.

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
My wife received a call today asking her if she really wanted to go the the uk, when she would like to travel and said that she will be issuing the visa valid from the 10th of this month!

So looking good now!

Strange that it was a call though and not the usual " collect letter message"
Awesome stuff!

Originally Posted by Sunbb
Hey guys, just for the info- my husband mailed them physical letter stating that all my original documents are still at sheffield and that the email which they sent me on 26sep is panicking and confusing us. Therefore, he sent all the proof of DHL track delivery as well as VFS confirmation proof by ROYAL MAIL yesterday (fast track) which has reached Sheffield already this morning.
I hope they *#*% make a decision or die and rot on that desk ! I am so frustrated i just want a decision yes or no! If no i want ro leave my husband coz UK IS ANNOYING AS F ! I iust hate my life right now !
WOW! Dude, you need to calm down, you should not be wishing death upon someone, that's low.

Originally Posted by andsa
My wife just received a phone call from bangkok asking when she would be ready to fly.
Congratulations - sounds like very positive news!

Congratulations! Finally the wait is coming to and end for you!
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:29 am
Just Joined

oliviaroseanna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Everyone!

This is my first post

I've been checking this forum a lot lately and I've found it really helpful during our spouse visa application process so I just wanted to thank you all for sharing your stories and advice - it really makes the process much more human and It's so reassuring to know that we're all going through this together.

We received an email this morning saying that our decision has been made and will be sent to the TLS contact centre in the next few days. We waited 37 working days in total. I just thought I would share our experience from the beginning and I'm happy to answer any questions!

We got married in Antalya, Turkey on 5th August. We applied in Izmir, Turkey on 14th August and paid extra for the priority service which we naively thought would take 15 working days. We had no idea it would take this long as every visa we have applied for in the past with priority has been issued on time so we went ahead and booked our UK wedding party for 25th September which we've now had to cancel.

I then flew back to England to post the supporting documents to sheffield and they received them on 18th August. We heard nothing from them at all so three weeks ago I decided to call the call centre, the guy I spoke with just said they're very busy and even though we paid for priority it could be another two months wait and that he couldn't tell me any more. I explained I was worried that maybe our supporting documents went missing but he said if they don't have your documents they will email you a reminder to send them.

I heard that if you complain it might help speed up the process - obviously I knew this was a long shot but figured I'd give it a try. I complained two weeks ago and hadn't heard anything so I wrote an email to my MP on Monday morning explaining the situation and asked if there is anything she can do to help us - then today we got the decision email! I can't say whether or not it had any impact on our application but I think It's definitely worth a try.

So hopefully my husbands passport will be ready to collect in a few days and I will have good news to share with you all. Fingers crossed!! If anyone wants more information or has any questions please message me and I'll do my best to help!
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

My husband just got a call from the British embassy in Bangkok asking for entry date and saying he should get his visa next week!!
Awesome!

Originally Posted by MA17
Please guys confirm if you received an email from sheffield visa section and not decision making department. Saying sorry for not responding to your queries on August. What do you guys think i should say back to them. The query was a hospital letter and escalation but i dont think this helped anyway..i dont know what to reply?
I don't even know what you can reply back to them with, i guess emailing them each time is costing you?
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oliviaroseanna
Hey Everyone!

This is my first post

I've been checking this forum a lot lately and I've found it really helpful during our spouse visa application process so I just wanted to thank you all for sharing your stories and advice - it really makes the process much more human and It's so reassuring to know that we're all going through this together.

We received an email this morning saying that our decision has been made and will be sent to the TLS contact centre in the next few days. We waited 37 working days in total. I just thought I would share our experience from the beginning and I'm happy to answer any questions!

We got married in Antalya, Turkey on 5th August. We applied in Izmir, Turkey on 14th August and paid extra for the priority service which we naively thought would take 15 working days. We had no idea it would take this long as every visa we have applied for in the past with priority has been issued on time so we went ahead and booked our UK wedding party for 25th September which we've now had to cancel.

I then flew back to England to post the supporting documents to sheffield and they received them on 18th August. We heard nothing from them at all so three weeks ago I decided to call the call centre, the guy I spoke with just said they're very busy and even though we paid for priority it could be another two months wait and that he couldn't tell me any more. I explained I was worried that maybe our supporting documents went missing but he said if they don't have your documents they will email you a reminder to send them.

I heard that if you complain it might help speed up the process - obviously I knew this was a long shot but figured I'd give it a try. I complained two weeks ago and hadn't heard anything so I wrote an email to my MP on Monday morning explaining the situation and asked if there is anything she can do to help us - then today we got the decision email! I can't say whether or not it had any impact on our application but I think It's definitely worth a try.

So hopefully my husbands passport will be ready to collect in a few days and I will have good news to share with you all. Fingers crossed!! If anyone wants more information or has any questions please message me and I'll do my best to help!
Congratulations. Pls keep us posted about the decision.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

Bangkok really seem to be getting through the outstanding cases. Well done to the embassy there.

It would be good if there might be a reassessment of the longer-term decision to onshore this work when Sheffield clearly can't cope.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ryongsong
Bangkok really seem to be getting through the outstanding cases. Well done to the embassy there.

It would be good if there might be a reassessment of the longer-term decision to onshore this work when Sheffield clearly can't cope.
But so far it's only people from Thailand that are getting an answer
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
How many days have you waited in total? I'd hang in there and not pull out.

You'll have to wait and the passport will soon be ready for you to collect. Congratulations on the decision made.

Awesome stuff!

WOW! Dude, you need to calm down, you should not be wishing death upon someone, that's low.

Congratulations - sounds like very positive news!

Congratulations! Finally the wait is coming to and end for you!
Hi Javed,
It’s 98days today
Old Oct 5th 2017, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Minho86
Hi Javed,
It’s 98days today
Crikey - fast approaching the 100 day club! I hope you hear back this month. Can't bear to think how you're coping or getting through the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.