Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Oct 6th 2017, 4:45 pm   #1951
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 50
Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scousejohn View Post
Yes i received 31st october email
I received the 31October on 25 September
Benjamin Kwartengsnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 4:54 pm   #1952
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 40
PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scousejohn View Post
Happy to say visa received today!

Only taken 6 months!

Bangkok have taken over all thai applications that are over sla according to ukvi

Booking flight for the 14th so only 1 more week to wait!

Hope you all get good news soon

Good luck of to you all!
Congratulations πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽˆ.
thanks for thinking of us & sharing your story.
PaManjang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:02 pm   #1953
IKInd 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 35
IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Kwartengsnr View Post
so when is it likely that you might get it just guess
Mine is 7th April, still waiting, India
IKInd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:29 pm   #1954
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 50
Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKInd View Post
Mine is 7th April, still waiting, India
non priority
Benjamin Kwartengsnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:30 pm   #1955
Sydvir 
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 23
Sydvir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKInd View Post
Mine is 7th April, still waiting, India
Hi
What is the extra document they asked you on July 5th?
Sydvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:52 pm   #1956
IKInd 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 35
IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydvir View Post
Hi
What is the extra document they asked you on July 5th?
UK Naric certificate for English
IKInd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 6:47 pm   #1957
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
Canuck001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Hello, Congrats and Good luck to all,

Application location: Toronto, Canada - Priority Paid
Online application: Aug. 11, 2017
Bio-metrics and documents scanned at VFS: Aug. 24, 2017
Confirmation of receipt in Sheffield: Aug. 28, 2017
Decision made: waiting
Email to collect documents from VFS: waiting
Passport collected with approved visa: waiting

Received email from home office Sept. 7, 2017
"Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

Emailed HO with regards to visa status on the Oct.4 and got a response from a real person

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your visa, I can confirm the status is still awaiting a decision.
When a customer pay for the priority service for that particular visa, the UKVI have up to 30 working days to receive the information, process and made the decision instead of wait up to 60 working days which is the standard schedule time for that visa. I was calculating and unfortunately I am not able to request and escalation until Monday 09/10/2017. That is because the 30 working days from 24/08/2017 will due tomorrow. So, you have to wait to see if they contact to you between today and all day tomorrow regarding the status of the application. If that doesn't happened, please, replay back to this e-mail next 09/10/2017 providing the following information to request an escalation:

* Applicant's full name:
* GWF Reference number:
* Date of Birth:
* Passport number:
* IHS Reference number (if applicable):
* Place of submission (City&Country):
* Type of visa applied for:
* Date of biometrics:
* Nationality:
* Applicant's Email:
* Brief Reason for escalation:

Reason I know its a real person is because of the grammatical and spelling errors only a human can make. No news today so they're getting an email first thing on Monday Oct.9
Canuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 7:04 pm   #1958
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 24
Pminette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck001 View Post
Hello, Congrats and Good luck to all,

Application location: Toronto, Canada - Priority Paid
Online application: Aug. 11, 2017
Bio-metrics and documents scanned at VFS: Aug. 24, 2017
Confirmation of receipt in Sheffield: Aug. 28, 2017
Decision made: waiting
Email to collect documents from VFS: waiting
Passport collected with approved visa: waiting

Received email from home office Sept. 7, 2017
"Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

Emailed HO with regards to visa status on the Oct.4 and got a response from a real person

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your visa, I can confirm the status is still awaiting a decision.
When a customer pay for the priority service for that particular visa, the UKVI have up to 30 working days to receive the information, process and made the decision instead of wait up to 60 working days which is the standard schedule time for that visa. I was calculating and unfortunately I am not able to request and escalation until Monday 09/10/2017. That is because the 30 working days from 24/08/2017 will due tomorrow. So, you have to wait to see if they contact to you between today and all day tomorrow regarding the status of the application. If that doesn't happened, please, replay back to this e-mail next 09/10/2017 providing the following information to request an escalation:

* Applicant's full name:
* GWF Reference number:
* Date of Birth:
* Passport number:
* IHS Reference number (if applicable):
* Place of submission (City&Country):
* Type of visa applied for:
* Date of biometrics:
* Nationality:
* Applicant's Email:
* Brief Reason for escalation:

Reason I know its a real person is because of the grammatical and spelling errors only a human can make. No news today so they're getting an email first thing on Monday Oct.9
That definitely sounds like a human response! I am interested to hear what they say to you next. I also applied from Toronto. My
application was done July 6th and I've had very limited contact with HO.
I did not pay for priority so I am curious to see if it will make a difference for your application! Thank you for your post!
Pminette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 9:23 pm   #1959
JAsh 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 73
JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scousejohn View Post
Happy to say visa received today!

Only taken 6 months!

Bangkok have taken over all thai applications that are over sla according to ukvi

Booking flight for the 14th so only 1 more week to wait!

Hope you all get good news soon

Good luck of to you all!
Congrats! Have a good life ΓΌ
JAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 9:27 pm   #1960
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 88
diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scousejohn View Post
Happy to say visa received today!

Only taken 6 months!

Bangkok have taken over all thai applications that are over sla according to ukvi

Booking flight for the 14th so only 1 more week to wait!

Hope you all get good news soon

Good luck of to you all!
Wow that is good to hearπŸ˜„. Congrats😊
diane1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 10:18 pm   #1961
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
Canuck001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pminette View Post
That definitely sounds like a human response! I am interested to hear what they say to you next. I also applied from Toronto. My
application was done July 6th and I've had very limited contact with HO.
I did not pay for priority so I am curious to see if it will make a difference for your application! Thank you for your post!
Paid the arm and a leg Priority fee because I was hoping to make it for my son's 3rd birthday, but that's come and gone. Already missed my wife's birthday so I thought I'd give it a shot. Now there are 2 dream job openings in my trade and I would like to email my resume, just don't know if I'll be in the UK for the interview. C'mon Sheffield pickup the pace, opportunities are knocking and you took out the door handle!!!!
Canuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 11:03 pm   #1962
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
bedbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

my wife was contacted on Thursday morning buy VFS in Bangkok .
they asked her when she planned to travel ..
which was a strange question because we too had the 31th October email
and we had not been told weather a decision had been made .
on Friday we got the message that a decision had been made passport was being posted out ...

so reading between lines im presuming she has been successful...but not im getting my hopes up to much.

applied may 5th
so 109 days
bedbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 12:25 am   #1963
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 54
haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

So after a very long day of waiting for the courier to arrive with my passport and documents it finally happened.... I spent a further hour just gawking at the envelope too scared to open it for fear of rejection. Well finally opened it and Approved Approved Approved πŸ˜€ I'm so happy. Wishing everybody the best with speedy approvals x will keep following you all for updates

Last edited by haldane86; Oct 7th 2017 at 1:17 am.
haldane86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:11 am   #1964
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 88
diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldane86 View Post
So after a very long day of waiting for the courier to arrive with my passport and documents it finally happened.... I spent a further hour just gawking at the envelope too scared to open it for fear of rejection. Well finally opened it and Approved Approved Approved πŸ˜€ I'm so happy. Wishing everybody the with speedy approvals x will keep following you all for updates
CongratsπŸ˜„
diane1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:53 am   #1965
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 53
simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Anyone from Australia who applied for settlement visa and still waiting? I'm applied from Brisbane 24 July priority, now on my second escalation.
simonnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 6:54 pm.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com