Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by JAsh
One question though.. assuming that I get mine this week (Hope is free ü) will there be a problem if I book a flight landing in London instead of Manchester where I usually land? Won't immigration officers at the airport find it odd?
I think you don’t have problem with that. You can land anywhere in the uk.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Visa granted for both of us, me and my son. We will have to rebook the flight though as the visa will not be valid until 5 October. Officially over the moon.

Guys don't lose faith. They are working on this group and I am sure you will hear good news soon.
I new you would get it congratulations. over the moon for you. i hope there is more from the 90 plus club this month
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all. I know that I will say congrats back to you all very soon.

Just really can't describe this feeling.

My timeline:
Biometric and documents scanned: 7 June 2017
Confirmation email of documents receipt in Sheffield: 28 June
Non-straight forward email: 26 August
Email required to pay IHS fee for my son due to a glitch in the system: 31 August
Blanket email of decision to be made before 31 October: 25 September
Decison made on 29 September
Received sms from VFS said documents available for collect on Monday afternoon.
Passports collected to day 2 October
Visa granted.

As I mentioned above, our visas were issued in Bangkok so I am really hopeful for you that the decisions will be made soon as regional UKVI offices are supporting Sheffield to speed up the process. And 31st of October does seem real now. But I do hope that you will hear good news way before that deadline.

Will still be around to answer any questions as I was there before, tried to relate to even a tiny detail of the successful story to keep the faith.

Good luck to all.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa granted for both of us, me and my son. We will have to rebook the flight though as the visa will not be valid until 5 October. Officially over the moon.

Guys don't lose faith. They are working on this group and I am sure you will hear good news soon.
Congrats Rosy, so happy for you and your son. Enjoy your new life in UK. I knew it be good news.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all. I know that I will say congrats back to you all very soon.

Just really can't describe this feeling.

My timeline:
Biometric and documents scanned: 7 June 2017
Confirmation email of documents receipt in Sheffield: 28 June
Non-straight forward email: 26 August
Email required to pay IHS fee for my son due to a glitch in the system: 31 August
Blanket email of decision to be made before 31 October: 25 September
Decison made on 29 September
Received sms from VFS said documents available for collect on Monday afternoon.
Passports collected to day 2 October
Visa granted.

As I mentioned above, our visas were issued in Bangkok so I am really hopeful for you that the decisions will be made soon as regional UKVI offices are supporting Sheffield to speed up the process. And 31st of October does seem real now. But I do hope that you will hear good news way before that deadline.

Will still be around to answer any questions as I was there before, tried to relate to even a tiny detail of the successful story to keep the faith.

Good luck to all.
Congratulations!

I am really hopeful for you that the decisions will be made soon as regional UKVI offices are supporting Sheffield to speed up the process. And 31st of October does seem real now.

Where did you obtain this piece of information from?
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Congratulations!

I am really hopeful for you that the decisions will be made soon as regional UKVI offices are supporting Sheffield to speed up the process. And 31st of October does seem real now.

Where did you obtain this piece of information from?
From VFS and it's true that my application had been handled by Sheffield until last week when Bangkok took over, and the visas I received today showed that they were issued by British Embassy Bangkok.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! Any April cases are still waiting please?
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

102 days today, still not a peep.

Am I right in thinking people who had notice a decision was made got it through the third party who processed the application and not directly from UKVI? We went straight to UKVI without input from anyone else in the USA so I am wondering what notice, if any, we will receive or if the passport may one day just show up (hopefully).
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Rosy and Garyede for your visa , I am pleased for you guys ,we hope to get decision this week , 7 months now
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paulakh
Congratulations Rosy and Garyede for your visa , I am pleased for you guys ,we hope to get decision this week , 7 months now
Lets keep the momentum going more visas granted please
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

letter sent to my MP's office today

I am writing to you and all the team in Andrew Jones office to express my gratitude for
everything you have done for my family. We received our visas yesterday and it is all down to you, in particular xxxxx and xxxxx. Throughout this ordeal with the Home Office you have been magnificent in all aspects of your work. xxxxx and xxxx have been attentive to our needs, diligent, conscientous and thoughtful. I have never come across a group of guys who have been so nice to their customers. I know for certain without your intervention we would have been waiting along time. This visa process has been really stressful but it is nice to know that in this day and age there are still individuals around who are higly motivated to help people. Please let Andrew Jones have sight of this letter and thank him for employing such lovely people. Please note that I have never voted Conservative in my life. Andrew Jones will now get my vote.

Once again thank you for putting smiles back on our faces
Gary Ede
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

From VFS and it's true that my application had been handled by Sheffield until last week when Bangkok took over, and the visas I received today showed that they were issued by British Embassy Bangkok.
Our app now seems to be back in China, as I got an email from Beijing saying they were busy/could not meet normal timeframe/as soon as possible etc. No mention of Oct 31, though.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ryongsong
Our app now seems to be back in China, as I got an email from Beijing saying they were busy/could not meet normal timeframe/as soon as possible etc. No mention of Oct 31, though.
That is interesting i never put 2 and 2 together that Manila dealt with the final stages of our application. Or did they just stamp it? Maybe sheffield are sending the long outstanding applications to the applicants host country to help out. Certainly it would make sense.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Then try to get hold of the British Embassy in Beijing. They can't be as busy as Sheffield. It's a good sign that yours is now handled by them.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

If its in China then i bet they are processing it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.