Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Both are in active now. Crossing fingers.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Our have been "complete" since we applied. The status of our son's application only changed just now.
So they go from complete to active???
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Comple to in active
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point

Just rang UKVI again because no decision email and number not recognized when checking the status online.
Women said they are extremely busy and it's definitely decision made so just have to wait.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:40 am
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b813
Did you sponsor send documents in the UK to Sheffield?
Nope.
VFS sent my documents to sheffield ! I have written it clearly.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui
Just rang UKVI again because no decision email and number not recognized when checking the status online.
Women said they are extremely busy and it's definitely decision made so just have to wait.
You're the one from HK right ? So did ya send the requested sponsor docs again?
Mine was sent off physically by VFS not scanning. And the original documents are still there in Sheffield. But their email which i got day before yesterday panicked me . But as i got escalated email im cool i can say so. Yet 😩 stressed
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunbb
You're the one from HK right ? So did ya send the requested sponsor docs again?
Mine was sent off physically by VFS not scanning. And the original documents are still there in Sheffield. But their email which i got day before yesterday panicked me . But as i got escalated email im cool i can say so. Yet 😩 stressed
Yes, applied from Hong Kong.
For some strange reason we were asked to do both scanning and physically to Sheffield. Paid extra 300 hkd.
They request more proof of sponsors financial status in aug.
How long have you been waiting? Email asking you to send it again ?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KingsinOz
Received the same email as well.
received same email
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope.
VFS sent my documents to sheffield ! I have written it clearly.
I don't know how reliable this information is though, but per the call centre, if your sponsor is currently residing in the UK, apparently they need to physically send in supporting documents from the UK as well as you scanning them in from the country you're currently residing in. Sounds like a load of bullocks but that was the advice they gave us.

Although my sponsor is currently in HK with me, we just submitted the hard copy documents via post today even though we already had them scanned in at the VFS centre in HK 2 months ago. Just wanting to be safe than sorry.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
I've just heard from a reliable source that Sheffield is overloaded and now regional officices are helping them in processing the outstanding. Mine is probably being handled by the BKK office. If this is true, we can hope for a quicker decision.
It might be true, sheffield advert for 225 processing officer vacancy in may .
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

35 working days now, feel like next week ours will come looking at everyone else's timelines.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:21 am
Banned

I don't know how reliable this information is though, but per the call centre, if your sponsor is currently residing in the UK, apparently they need to physically send in supporting documents from the UK as well as you scanning them in from the country you're currently residing in. Sounds like a load of bullocks but that was the advice they gave us.

Although my sponsor is currently in HK with me, we just submitted the hard copy documents via post today even though we already had them scanned in at the VFS centre in HK 2 months ago. Just wanting to be safe than sorry.
Have you not read what i wrote in my previous post ? It includes all details. I applied from VFS and during my biometric i was given option ' to send documents to Sheffield by myself or VFS (they have dhl service too here) . So I chose VFS to send my documents . Physical hard original documents which includes all applications plus all supporting documents needed for a spouse visa . Scanning didn't seem reliabe to me. All my original documents , marriage certi, sponsor's all original documents (job, bank, house, payslips, property inspection) everything is there in Sheffield still!! I have proof of it as as well. I have evn provide sheffield with DHL tracking number on the email i sent them yesterday. Their staff has collected the package and is still there not returned back at all.

And then getting the email ' sponsor docs yet to receive mad eme so angry and complain VFS and everyone at sheffiled by phone and emails. I've spent alot on contacting them after this particular email . My final email was ' my case has been escalated. !
"In regards to your query, your case has now been escalated to the decision making centre and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Your patience is highly appreciated. "

JULY 27 priority Tokyo.
I am the applicant .
Husband is in London.
biometric 27th july .
Documents sent 27th july
Documents reached 31july.
Received 1st email on - 27th July saying ' thanks for applying blah blah your application is at decision making centre'
Documents not back yet .
Got another email 26th September saying' sponsor docs not received yet!!'
26th September-I contacted them by email 3 times yesterday (all paid one not follo up coz they dont reply to follow up email) . Husband contacted by telephone and asked ' why did you guys sent this email while our documents are still there !! All originals! Sheffield staff said she will email manager blah blah
Yesterday 27th September got 3 emails saying my case has been escalated with the information I provided.

Hope everyone of you understood my situation and what i did to know what is happening.
P.s VFS staff ranged me yesterday saying my documents are in Sheffield and they have proof to as well as i have proof too.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:24 am
Banned

and one more thing , why should my husband go through hassle again to create another original documents and send twice ? i was the one who had all the original documents and sent through VFS (DHL) . This is the reason I demanded clarification why the hell they sent me that email!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Vendetta
35 working days now, feel like next week ours will come looking at everyone else's timelines.
Im on day 44 working days - Priority
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Im on day 44 working days - Priority
when did you apply?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.