Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:02 pm   #1501
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 41
Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui View Post
Nope, it doesn't work. Never did. I told them earlier on in the month that had to leave Hong Kong by end of the month because living in Hong Kong based on a spouse visa as well so really they kept their promise .
Oki doki! Congrats again! Wish you the best of luck. We received the email about decision to be made by 31st October so fingers crossed though! Did you receive that?
Minho86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:04 pm   #1502
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 30
Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minho86 View Post
Oki doki! Congrats again! Wish you the best of luck. We received the email about decision to be made by 31st October so fingers crossed though! Did you receive that?
Yes but I don't trust them so had MP in hand and check every two weeks for status. How long have you been waiting so far?
Shirlspuipui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:26 pm   #1503
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 86
Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui View Post
Hi everyone
Just rang UKVI and they said a decision has been made on 26th sept so fingers cross for good news.
Congrats! That's a very good news. Crossing fingers for you.
Hope that they really are working on this group's applications
Rosy1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:28 pm   #1504
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 30
Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy1910 View Post
Congrats! That's a very good news. Crossing fingers for you.
Hope that they really are working on this group's applications
Fingers cross. I really hope they stuck by their words 31st oct everyone on here receives their visa
Shirlspuipui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:45 pm   #1505
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
jagsby1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Hi all new here but been actively reading since my fiance applied from the US a few weeks ago. We were advised would be 2-4 weeks with priority service.

Applied online 23rd August, Biometrics 25th August. Email 4th Sept.

Decision received 27th Sept (email this morning).

Had a bad experience with UKVI incorrectly overcharging me for priority service (twice) which they still haven't refunded despite over 10 emails and responses.

Thx all and good luck.
jagsby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:59 pm   #1506
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 30
Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsby1 View Post
Hi all new here but been actively reading since my fiance applied from the US a few weeks ago. We were advised would be 2-4 weeks with priority service.

Applied online 23rd August, Biometrics 25th August. Email 4th Sept.

Decision received 27th Sept (email this morning).

Had a bad experience with UKVI incorrectly overcharging me for priority service (twice) which they still haven't refunded despite over 10 emails and responses.

Thx all and good luck.
Congratulations dear
U are lucky u guys didn't experience this frustrating condition some of us are in
I hope this time they do as they said
Nneky360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:18 pm   #1507
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 52
hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a View Post
Hi

I emailed Amelia Hill this morning and received an out of office email to.

I will recommend anyone planning to send the email to her, to send it after the 3rd of October.

I will resend my email to her on the 3rd of October so it is at the top of her inbox.
To be honest, as frustrated as we all are I am not sure that a story on the backlog of visa applications will interest most journalists.

What is newsworthy is the blatant manipulation of statistics regardless of the impact it has to the applicants, applicants families .

The spreadsheet here;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0

highlights that the vast majority of decisions that have been made in in the last few months have been processed in 60 days as per the standard info from their website.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement

Quote "The above data is for all decisions made in May 2017"

Note the WORDING. all Decisions.......NOT applications

Going back to the spreadsheet, you can see that they have left loads of applications unprocessed, (many including mine, not even looked at and have not been classed as not straight forward so no excuse to shelve them) but kept up decent stats for 60 day applications. This is blatant manipulation and must be newsworthy, no?
hullmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 3:49 pm   #1508
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 17
poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullmonkey View Post
Quote "The above data is for all decisions made in May 2017"

Note the WORDING. all Decisions.......NOT applications
Holy hell I think you're onto something here...
poliphilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:20 pm   #1509
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 30
Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b813 View Post
Hi,

We are applying from Hong Kong, priority also. We just received an email from UKVI requesting for my sponsor to submit his supporting documents although we had scanned them in at the VFS centre given my sponsor is currently residing in HK with me. Can I ask, the email you received requesting for extra financial documents, did it explicitly say for you to send just extra financial documents? And if yes, how did you provide them with a pre-paid envelope to have it returned to you in Hong Kong?

Also, did you provide the original and copy or just the original?
Sorry just read your message
They want the sponsor work deatails so our financial side is based on self employment. Got U.K. Accountant to filed in all account with VAT and income tax proof then sent it off in U.K.
Shirlspuipui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:22 pm   #1510
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 86
Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullmonkey View Post
To be honest, as frustrated as we all are I am not sure that a story on the backlog of visa applications will interest most journalists.

What is newsworthy is the blatant manipulation of statistics regardless of the impact it has to the applicants, applicants families .

The spreadsheet here;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0

highlights that the vast majority of decisions that have been made in in the last few months have been processed in 60 days as per the standard info from their website.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement

Quote "The above data is for all decisions made in May 2017"

Note the WORDING. all Decisions.......NOT applications

Going back to the spreadsheet, you can see that they have left loads of applications unprocessed, (many including mine, not even looked at and have not been classed as not straight forward so no excuse to shelve them) but kept up decent stats for 60 day applications. This is blatant manipulation and must be newsworthy, no?
They are good at playing with the wording '...the processing of your application has not been straightforward...' not 'your application is not straightforward'
Rosy1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:00 pm   #1511
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 6
drrobertj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Since everyone has escalated via their MP, that way of expediting things gets cancelled out. It's like everyone on tip-toes in an attempt to see better - same outcome just more uncomfortable and stressful. Amber Rudd can't see me as it would be a potential conflict of interest given her role as Home Secretary!
drrobertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:26 pm   #1512
b813 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 58
b813 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Trying to seek some advice guys.

- So myself and sponsor (British Citizen) currently live in Hong Kong and have applied for the UK Settlement spouse visa.

- When we applied in Hong Kong we submitted all supporting documents (including my sponsor's) via the scanning service as that is the only way to submit documents in Hong Kong.

- We reached working day 45 yesterday, post biometrics and submission of scanned documents, and we receive an email from UKVI asking for my sponsor to send his documents across to Sheffield.

- We are very confused as we were informed by VFS Global HK when we submitted our documents through the scanning system that we don't need to submit any further documents as both the applicants and sponsors documents have been scanned and submitted to Sheffield.

- Also, I then get an email from UKVI today telling me that HK only allows for documents to be submitted via the scanning system. So this is a complete contradiction to the email we received yesterday asking my sponsor to submit his documents via post.

I call UKVI today to try to understand the situation and was told that although we submitted all the documents through the scanning system, my sponsor has to also send the physical supporting documents directly to Sheffield, although he resides in Hong Kong.

Anyone able to give me some clarity/advice around this??

Confused beyond belief at the moment!
b813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:31 pm   #1513
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 30
Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b813 View Post
Trying to seek some advice guys.

- So myself and sponsor (British Citizen) currently live in Hong Kong and have applied for the UK Settlement spouse visa.

- When we applied in Hong Kong we submitted all supporting documents (including my sponsor's) via the scanning service as that is the only way to submit documents in Hong Kong.

- We reached working day 45 yesterday, post biometrics and submission of scanned documents, and we receive an email from UKVI asking for my sponsor to send his documents across to Sheffield.

- We are very confused as we were informed by VFS Global HK when we submitted our documents through the scanning system that we don't need to submit any further documents as both the applicants and sponsors documents have been scanned and submitted to Sheffield.

- Also, I then get an email from UKVI today telling me that HK only allows for documents to be submitted via the scanning system. So this is a complete contradiction to the email we received yesterday asking my sponsor to submit his documents via post.

I call UKVI today to try to understand the situation and was told that although we submitted all the documents through the scanning system, my sponsor has to also send the physical supporting documents directly to Sheffield, although he resides in Hong Kong.

Anyone able to give me some clarity/advice around this??

Confused beyond belief at the moment!
First what is your way of proofing the sponsors financial income meeting 18,600
If they ask you to send more documents to proof then ignore the application centre in causeway bay as they cannot decide on your application because all decision making is based in Sheffield United Kingdom
Shirlspuipui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:35 pm   #1514
b813 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 58
b813 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui View Post
First what is your way of proofing the sponsors financial income meeting 18,600
If they ask you to send more documents to proof then ignore the application centre in causeway bay as they cannot decide on your application because all decision making is based in Sheffield United Kingdom
We are going through the savings route so submitted bank statements from Hong Kong evidencing this.

We received the request from UKVI so does this mean that we have to re-submit all our hard copy supporting documents to Sheffield although we scanned them through at the VFS Global Centre in HK?
b813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:43 pm   #1515
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 30
Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

I'm actually in UK and the spouse visa is for my sister in law. She scanned her documents in hk and then 6th aug they ask for more proof.
Shirlspuipui is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 6:51 pm.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com