Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 5th 2017, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by MA17
In active after 3 months and been in active for 2 months.
Funny mine still says complete been over 3 months now...
Old Oct 5th 2017, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am141
No way! That is absolutely unacceptable! Did they give you a reason why? When did you apply? Get your MP involved again. So they should not be trusted with the Oct 31st email at all
UKVI shouldn't be trusted at all.

They just said they had told us our application wasn't straightforward and their guidelines say they may have to do lengthy checks. That's it - no detail as to why or what is wrong. Originally I think it was because we hadn't given 6 months of bank statements, but had provided other proof of what I was paid in the US - our tax returns for crying out loud! But they have had all that for 2 months. I have no idea what checks they could be doing now because they haven't said, we more than satisfy every single requirement and have provided comprehensive proof.

Going to write to the MP, file a data subject access request and a complaint with the HO. Our application date is 10 May according to the HO, today is day 105.

Sunny girl:
Sorry, not sure what category F is. If it is the sponsor financial category we applied through I believe we were B - my (sponsor) income, but not worked in the UK for more than 6 months (which I have now because we have waited so long!).
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewan
Salam

I have paid for a 15 working day visa for my spouse who is from morroco.

I was wondering if this really works as I paid £551.00 for this service

Please help

Many thanks dewan
Hi

My wife is Moroccan and I submitted her visa on the 27th of April with the help of an immigration solicitor who verified my supporting documents to ensure a positive outcome.

I decided to apply for a non-priority visa because I had learned UKVI were not adhering the 4 week target of priority visas beforehand.

It will be 24 weeks for us next Friday 13th of October and we are hopeful of a decision soon in sha allah.

I think you have made the right decision paying for a priority fee but you will receive a decision by 90 working days. This is the current output I am seeing on this forum for priority visas and only speaking to my immigration solicitor yesterday.

In hindsight if I knew there was a backlog and it would take this long I would have paid the extra to receive a decision sooner.

You made paid for the necessity of receiving a decision sooner over non-priority. So stick with the route you have embarked on is my advice.

Regards,
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76

They just said they had told us our application wasn't straightforward and their guidelines say they may have to do lengthy checks. That's it - no detail as to why or what is wrong. Originally I think it was because we hadn't given 6 months of bank statements, but had provided other proof of what I was paid in the US - our tax returns for crying out loud! But they have had all that for 2 months. I have no idea what checks they could be doing now because they haven't said, we more than satisfy every single requirement and have provided comprehensive proof.

Going to write to the MP, file a data subject access request and a complaint with the HO. Our application date is 10 May according to the HO, today is day 105.

Sunny girl:
Sorry, not sure what category F is. If it is the sponsor financial category we applied through I believe we were B - my (sponsor) income, but not worked in the UK for more than 6 months (which I have now because we have waited so long!).

I am sorry to hear your predicament but I agree with you. The HO are not to be relied upon rather than trusted.

My wife received the '31st October' email but immediately said to my wife don't rely on this. We wait for 24 weeks which is marked on Friday 13th of October next week.

If we don't receive any news then I have a meeting lined on next Friday 17:00 with my local MP who has been very helpful so far in receiving confirmation that UKVI had our supporting documents.

I will ask my local MP to pursue UKVI for a decision from that point on and hold them to their aim of giving a decision by 31st of October.

Within the guidance notes when completing the Appendix 2 form. It is suggested you rather than recommended you give 6 months bank statements.

I have provided 14 months of bank statements, both personal and business. Further I provided 2 years company accounts and 2 personal tax returns.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

oliviaroseanna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dewan
Salam

I have paid for a 15 working day visa for my spouse who is from morroco.

I was wondering if this really works as I paid £551.00 for this service

Please help

Many thanks dewan

Hey! No we paid for the priority too and found out this morning they had made a decision 37 working days later. We are still waiting for my husbands passport to be returned and to find out if he has his visa which hopefully he will! Some people are waiting 60+ days for priority so hang on in there! If you complain and get your local MP involved it can help speed things up. Hope this helps!
Old Oct 5th 2017, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ryongsong
Bangkok really seem to be getting through the outstanding cases. Well done to the embassy there.

It would be good if there might be a reassessment of the longer-term decision to onshore this work when Sheffield clearly can't cope.

Agreed! We heard from them on tuesday asking for a letter from employer, sent it wednesday, and they called my wife today asking when she would like the visa to start!

Well done Bangkok!
Old Oct 5th 2017, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

We just got another email saying they now no longer have a timeline for a decision for us. So within two weeks they told my MP first week of November, then told us 31st October, and now 'We don't know'.
Jimmy if you send a query email then you received this last email you are talking about, it means nothing because UKVI useless call centre know nothing about processing and timeline. But if you received this email out of blue then i would get a solicitor involve
Old Oct 5th 2017, 8:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ryongsong
Bangkok really seem to be getting through the outstanding cases. Well done to the embassy there.

It would be good if there might be a reassessment of the longer-term decision to onshore this work when Sheffield clearly can't cope.
I would agree with this. That & give Sheffield more staff to deal with the caseloads.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Sunny girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunny girl:
From Home Office point of view, it is not straightforward. I am applying through cash saving but I hold different currencies and the saving is from lifetime working so it is also non straightforward. I think they are lack of employee and a lot of application for the moment, in order to hit the target, they will only process they thought “straightforward” application such as salaried employment and the people they are working in company for long time with professional job nature because it is much more convincing to achieve the requirement or cash saving from utilise their property six months before application with the proof - easy to trace.

All the supected cases they will not see and directly move to another queue. Of course, to tell you the case non straightforward it is very simple; just send message to ask additional documents which would be new or same documents as before. It looks like a mathematic exam, all the simplified questions will be answered first in order to get highest mark within the timeframe.

Of course, it is based on the condition that they have choice. If all the questions are complicated, they must answer. Otherwise, zero marks.

It is unfair because we are paying for the same money and they don’t provide the guideline what kind of application is considered as straightforward. Without asking documents?? Come on, it is unclear.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Mr ****,

Thank you for your email dated 06/10/2017.

Your case has now been re-escalated to the relevant department. You should receive an update from them by email or phone call.

Kind Regards,
Sophia Citta

UKVI Contact Centre

Waiting again
Old Oct 6th 2017, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonnz
Dear Mr ****,

Thank you for your email dated 06/10/2017.

Your case has now been re-escalated to the relevant department. You should receive an update from them by email or phone call.

Kind Regards,
Sophia Citta

UKVI Contact Centre

Waiting again
I escalated my case before I received the 31st October email. Then got 31st oct email. Today I received email from my country contact centre I.e india saying they are unable to process within timescale & and they continue to work on my case.

I think this email is in response to my escalation. But it's clear that Sheffield is not dealing with our cases anymore. It's back to local countries.

I hope I still get response within October.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Sharing timeline. I hope this helps someone
Applying from: Bangkok
Biometric date: 28th April
Receipt from Sheffield: 5th May 2017
No contact for 12 weeks then not straightforward email and asked for documents within 7 days: 24th July

Documents sent: 26th July

No news whatsoever for several weeks. Phoned call centre hundreds of times, escalated 5-6 times (useless), contacted MP MANY timed. My husband had a meeting with MP too. He didn't give up.
Got another not straightforward email end of August (since we demanded an answer from call centre/ or from MP enquiring, I think?)

Received email that they will aim to do it before 31st October (even though 24 weeks is 13th October). This was a blanket email to many on 25th September.

Received phone call from Bangkok embassy asking for the same documents that Sheffield had asked for: 3rd October
(Resent to them right away)

Another call from embassy asking new travel intention date: 4th October

Got Decision made email (from VFS not Sheffield): 4th October
*not recognised shows on the tracking page & appears inactive for months now

Received visa by post: 6th October
VISA GRANTED!

Total 22+ weeks till decision was made. 23 weeks exactly till I got my passport back

I have to say, keep calling your MP to follow up. I think that makes a difference. Also trust in the Lord. It will come!

I remember reading others' positive news and wondering if my turn will ever come.
It has been a very stressful time - thank you everybody for your support on these forums. I hope my experience will help give someone hope too.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

No contact for 12 weeks then not straightforward email and asked for documents within 7 days: 24th July

No news whatsoever for several weeks. Phoned call centre hundreds of times, escalated 5-6 times (useless), contacted MP MANY timed. My husband had a meeting with MP too. He didn't give up.
Got another not straightforward email end of August (since we demanded an answer from call centre/ or from MP enquiring, I think?)

Received email that they will aim to do it before 31st October (even though 24 weeks is 13th October). This was a blanket email to many on 25th September.

Received phone call from Bangkok embassy asking for the same documents that Sheffield had asked for: 3rd October

VISA GRANTED!

Total 22+ weeks till decision was made. 23 weeks exactly till I got my passport back

I have to say, keep calling your MP to follow up. I think that makes a difference. Also trust in the Lord. It will come!

I remember reading others' positive news and wondering if my turn will ever come.
It has been a very stressful time - thank you everybody for your support on these forums. I hope my experience will help give someone hope too.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point

My application/passport is due back tomorrow and I'm not quite sure if I have the courage to open it 😶 congrats to all that have received their visas and good luck to all those still waiting x
Old Oct 6th 2017, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by PinkDia

VISA GRANTED!

Congratulation so happy for you. We have similar timeline but i guess your file was dealt with by british embassy not sheffield. Do you think i should bother my MP again? MP never answer me anymore...well hope you have a safe trip and all the best. I hope we hear good news soon me and everyone on 90 + days...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.