Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 4th 2017, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

AndyN68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Pminette
Hi all,

I am a Canadian who on July 7th applied to be with my husband in England. This was our second application as last year we were refused for not showing efficient evidence of meeting financial requirements. We have re submitted an application that satisfies all requirements, and are now wondering when we will hear back.

I understand that there are major delays, and am wondering if there are any Canadians who were notified that their applications were sent to New York instead of Sheffield ( as our first one was, and also my tier 5 before that). I am a teacher and start work in my new classroom in September and am hoping that by some miracle the visas processed in New York may be faster?

I would be grateful to know of any groups for Canadians specifically, or if anyone could answer my questions here.

Wishing everyone the best as we are separated from family and loved ones.
Hi Pminette,

Could you explain a little more about how you didn't meet the financial requirement? You mentioned your partner met the financial requirement through savings- was it combined with his earnings? Did they tell you why your evidence wasn't sufficient?

I ask because I'm likely in the same situation. I've been waiting for 80+ working days on a priority visa meeting the requirement through earnings and savings combined. Although I think our application is fine and there are probably a thousand ways our cases are different the mind does tend to wonder after waiting all this time.

All the best with your application.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Sydvir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Hi there,
No I have had no communication from HO other than the "not straightforward" email before my 60th day. I have not even had the October 31st email. Are these emails truly random? It worries me that some people are getting emails that others aren't. I am a teacher and my classroom in London has been waiting for me for a long time now! Did you receive a phone call about your employment?
Yes
I got a call from ho in August.
Where did you sent your surpporting documents ? Sheffield or Canada?
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so happy to see that some people are getting answers. I was rejected last year as my husband was a part time uni student/ full time worker who didn't meet the annual salary, though he did meet the savings requirement.

I am on day 65 of my second attempt.
Applied from Canada on July 6th
Received the "not straight forward" email on September 25th.

In total it has been 1.5 years of living without my husband. My heart aches for everyone else in this less than ideal situation. Hoping for some good luck for us all!
I’m applying from Canada as well for the second time 75 working days and counting! I see a lot of US applications being processed much quicker I thought Canada would have similar processing times but I guess not. When did you apply?
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Pminette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by AndyN68
Hi Pminette,

Could you explain a little more about how you didn't meet the financial requirement? You mentioned your partner met the financial requirement through savings- was it combined with his earnings? Did they tell you why your evidence wasn't sufficient?

I ask because I'm likely in the same situation. I've been waiting for 80+ working days on a priority visa meeting the requirement through earnings and savings combined. Although I think our application is fine and there are probably a thousand ways our cases are different the mind does tend to wonder after waiting all this time.

All the best with your application.
I completely understand! His savings on their own were sufficient however they were in premium bonds( which are still considered to be cash!) and so we believe that is why we were rejected last august. As soon as we got the refusal we took the needed amount of savings and put it into a bank account which at the time of reapplication would have been sitting there for the needed 6 months! This time around our application seems to be flawless ... it helps that we had a lawyer this time too!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Am141
I’m applying from Canada as well for the second time 75 working days and counting! I see a lot of US applications being processed much quicker I thought Canada would have similar processing times but I guess not. When did you apply?
It is such a shock I know! Especially since my receipt email said " it's been received in New York for considerstion. I still don't know if that means it would be processed there as my first tier 5 was done ( in less than two weeks in 2014), or sent off to Sheffield as my failed application last year. This time around I applied July 6th 2017. Let's keep in touch- this is brutal!

Last edited by Pminette; Oct 4th 2017 at 7:39 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sydvir
Yes
I got a call from ho in August.
Where did you sent your surpporting documents ? Sheffield or Canada?
I feel as though a call would actually be a blessing at this point! I wish that this process was more personal with phone calls and face to face meetings! My supporting documents were sent through the vfs office. I assumed that they would arrive in Sheffield, though the email I got on July 8th said they were in New York. If I had to assume, I'd say they probably were forwarded to Sheffield, though I do not know for sure. Crazy the lack of comminication!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

It is such a shock I know! Especially since my receipt email said " it's been received in New York for considerstion. I still don't know if that means it would be processed there as my first tier 5 was done ( in less than two weeks in 2014), or sent off to Sheffield as my failed application last year. Let's keep in touch- this is brutal!
I know they were processing applications in New York within days a few years back but I thought all settlement applications were now going to Sheffield mine is in Sheffield. I wonder if we’re seeing the delays due to the previous refusal but who knows! Yes let’s keep each other posted.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

I know they were processing applications in New York within days a few years back but I thought all settlement applications were now going to Sheffield mine is in Sheffield. I wonder if we’re seeing the delays due to the previous refusal but who knows! Yes let’s keep each other posted.
That's what I thought too. I'm wondering if that email was generic. Despite that email I do think (99%) sure that my application is in Sheffield. My lawyer did say that my case would be more complicated having had a refusal before. Here's hoping that October is the month of mass approvals as people seem to be believing!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I thought too. I'm wondering if that email was generic. Despite that email I do think (99%) sure that my application is in Sheffield. My lawyer did say that my case would be more complicated having had a refusal before. Here's hoping that October is the month of mass approvals as people seem to be believing!
The lack of communication is terrible. They've “escalated” my case after I sent an email a week and half ago haven’t heard a word since. Let’s hope so! Worst comes to worst I’m starting to look in to getting my husband to move to Canada
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Haggisandtatties is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by MA17
How long you ve been waiting? Im feeling hopeless too trying to keep positive thoughts
Today marks 103 days for us...
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

ozzyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I received an email from Sheffield on Monday morning (3:40am!) That a decision have been made.
I went to VAC on same day afternoon to check if my passport was ready, but been told that it would be ready within 10 days.
Has anyone had similar experience? On tlscontact website it still doesn't show that a decision made.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by Haggisandtatties
Today marks 103 days for us...
My today 102 working day
Old Oct 4th 2017, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzyc
Hi, I received an email from Sheffield on Monday morning (3:40am!) That a decision have been made.
I went to VAC on same day afternoon to check if my passport was ready, but been told that it would be ready within 10 days.
Has anyone had similar experience? On tlscontact website it still doesn't show that a decision made.
We are the same, was told my application had been decided on oct 2 and I went to the centre as well. They said it will take within 10 wd to get my passport back.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 1:06 am
Just Joined

The lack of communication is terrible. They've “escalated” my case after I sent an email a week and half ago haven’t heard a word since. Let’s hope so! Worst comes to worst I’m starting to look in to getting my husband to move to Canada
Unreal that it potentially could come to that point for married couples! Hopefully it doesn't and we all get approved this month!
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife received a call today asking her if she really wanted to go the the uk, when she would like to travel and said that she will be issuing the visa valid from the 10th of this month!

So looking good now!

Strange that it was a call though and not the usual " collect letter message"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.