Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:31 am
Banned

Sunbb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Vendetta
when did you apply?
Read above- FULL DETAILS.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:33 am
Just Joined

aidy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b813
I don't know how reliable this information is though, but per the call centre, if your sponsor is currently residing in the UK, apparently they need to physically send in supporting documents from the UK as well as you scanning them in from the country you're currently residing in. Sounds like a load of bullocks but that was the advice they gave us.

Although my sponsor is currently in HK with me, we just submitted the hard copy documents via post today even though we already had them scanned in at the VFS centre in HK 2 months ago. Just wanting to be safe than sorry.
I hope not, as all my original docs is with my wife in Canada, as she submitted them into the Toronto centre
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by Haggisandtatties
Date of Biometrics: 28 April

Location of Biometrics: Bangkok

Date of email receipt from Sheffield: 5th May

Location Constituency of your sponsors MP: East Lothian Mr. Martin Whitfield

No non straight forward email
No requesting additional documents
Nothing from UKVI other than the 31 October deadline 💩
Escalated 2 times MP contacted but no use...
You are not alone my case is 26th April so hopefully we all have a vida approval soon
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aidy
I hope not, as all my original docs is with my wife in Canada, as she submitted them into the Toronto centre
Did she receive an email confirming receipt of her supporting documents?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I think it's more important right now to get your visa decision rather than refusing requests to send your documents, no matter how silly or unfair the request seems to be.

People should send hard copies of documents if requested. Don't risk even more delays or problems.
Request docs email is an automated response when your file is moved from reception to decision centre i received this after 3 months but it says if you scanned your docs then disregard this request.
The email is not applicable to everyone. I called them and confirmed that if you scanned everything via Visa centre than relax and wait. Dont panic. Also adk your partner to confirm with Visa centre where they scannew just to double check that scan was received especially if you have receivef a confirmation email 5 days after your biometric then definately ignore this email as i did
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sunbb
Have you not read what i wrote in my previous post ? It includes all details. I applied from VFS and during my biometric i was given option ' to send documents to Sheffield by myself or VFS (they have dhl service too here) . So I chose VFS to send my documents . Physical hard original documents which includes all applications plus all supporting documents needed for a spouse visa . Scanning didn't seem reliabe to me. All my original documents , marriage certi, sponsor's all original documents (job, bank, house, payslips, property inspection) everything is there in Sheffield still!! I have proof of it as as well. I have evn provide sheffield with DHL tracking number on the email i sent them yesterday. Their staff has collected the package and is still there not returned back at all.

And then getting the email ' sponsor docs yet to receive mad eme so angry and complain VFS and everyone at sheffiled by phone and emails. I've spent alot on contacting them after this particular email . My final email was ' my case has been escalated. !
"In regards to your query, your case has now been escalated to the decision making centre and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly. Your patience is highly appreciated. "

JULY 27 priority Tokyo.
I am the applicant .
Husband is in London.
biometric 27th july .
Documents sent 27th july
Documents reached 31july.
Received 1st email on - 27th July saying ' thanks for applying blah blah your application is at decision making centre'
Documents not back yet .
Got another email 26th September saying' sponsor docs not received yet!!'
26th September-I contacted them by email 3 times yesterday (all paid one not follo up coz they dont reply to follow up email) . Husband contacted by telephone and asked ' why did you guys sent this email while our documents are still there !! All originals! Sheffield staff said she will email manager blah blah
Yesterday 27th September got 3 emails saying my case has been escalated with the information I provided.

Hope everyone of you understood my situation and what i did to know what is happening.
P.s VFS staff ranged me yesterday saying my documents are in Sheffield and they have proof to as well as i have proof too.
I understand what you are saying. It is worrying that you cannot trust VFS. Before my wife attended the biometrics I was unsure whether to trust a stranger to scan our docs in Manila because it just seemed a very long and tedious way of doing things. For me it seemed rather easy to lose documents or forget to scan them. Scanning hundreds of documents takes a high level of care and concentration. It is so easy to miss stuff and of course once the documents are scanned you have to collect all of the files to mail to the sender. I had to scan all of my docs for my solicitor who was based in London and it drove me crazy. i can understand how stuff goes missing using this process. In the end I asked my wife to send her docs to me via DHL. I checked them and collated with mine and sent again via DHL to Sheffield. Had mine tracked too and later found they had lost or mislaid them. I am talking to Sheffield through my MP now and they assure him that they have the docs but have not got definite proof like you.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:51 am
Just Joined

aidy is an unknown quantity at this point

Did she receive an email confirming receipt of her supporting documents?
yes she did
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MA17
Request docs email is an automated response when your file is moved from reception to decision centre i received this after 3 months but it says if you scanned your docs then disregard this request.
The email is not applicable to everyone. I called them and confirmed that if you scanned everything via Visa centre than relax and wait. Dont panic. Also adk your partner to confirm with Visa centre where they scannew just to double check that scan was received especially if you have receivef a confirmation email 5 days after your biometric then definately ignore this email as i did
Does anyone have an example of the email you receive evidencing receipt of your scanned/physical supporting documents?

I only received the following email after completing my biometrics and submitting our supporting documents via the scanning system:

"Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents."
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone have an example of the email you receive evidencing receipt of your scanned/physical supporting documents?

I only received the following email after completing my biometrics and submitting our supporting documents via the scanning system:

"Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents."
I then receive the below second email 2 months later:

"We are in receipt of your UK Visa Application however we are yet to receive your UK sponsor supporting documentation. Without these documents we are unable to make a full consideration of your application. Can you please ensure that your UK sponsor submits the documentation to the below address within 10 working days of this email.

Sheffield Visa Section
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

If you have paid for the Priority Visa Service please ensure you clearly mark on the envelope that it contains priority visa documents.

In addition to the above, please also ensure that your sponsor provides a suitably sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address when the assessment of the application has been completed.

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days we will make a decision based on the information we already have on file. No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Please disregard this email if you have already submitted your documents.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre"
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by garyede
I understand what you are saying. It is worrying that you cannot trust VFS. Before my wife attended the biometrics I was unsure whether to trust a stranger to scan our docs in Manila because it just seemed a very long and tedious way of doing things. For me it seemed rather easy to lose documents or forget to scan them. Scanning hundreds of documents takes a high level of care and concentration. It is so easy to miss stuff and of course once the documents are scanned you have to collect all of the files to mail to the sender. I had to scan all of my docs for my solicitor who was based in London and it drove me crazy. i can understand how stuff goes missing using this process. In the end I asked my wife to send her docs to me via DHL. I checked them and collated with mine and sent again via DHL to Sheffield. Had mine tracked too and later found they had lost or mislaid them. I am talking to Sheffield through my MP now and they assure him that they have the docs but have not got definite proof like you.
I have proof that my documents had reached Sheffield with their staff's signature (DHL tracking) . I trust VFS but i am not trusting SHEFFIELD because it will be their fault if my documents are lost .
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

and one more thing , why should my husband go through hassle again to create another original documents and send twice ? i was the one who had all the original documents and sent through VFS (DHL) . This is the reason I demanded clarification why the hell they sent me that email!
I understand exactly where you are coming from. Sheffield asked us for supporting docs for my step daughter and I told them they already had the docs and I had not made a copy. The purpose of using DHL was to have at least 99% peace of mind with delivery/tracking. I also collated our docs and checked them at least 10 times as I was paranoid about making a mistake. In the end having phoned and emailed them and spoke to my MP they sent us a grovelling email apologising for their mistake.

Last edited by garyede; Sep 28th 2017 at 10:01 am. Reason: grammar
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:00 am
Banned

I then receive the below second email 2 months later:

"We are in receipt of your UK Visa Application however we are yet to receive your UK sponsor supporting documentation. Without these documents we are unable to make a full consideration of your application. Can you please ensure that your UK sponsor submits the documentation to the below address within 10 working days of this email.

Sheffield Visa Section
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

If you have paid for the Priority Visa Service please ensure you clearly mark on the envelope that it contains priority visa documents.

In addition to the above, please also ensure that your sponsor provides a suitably sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address when the assessment of the application has been completed.

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days we will make a decision based on the information we already have on file. No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Please disregard this email if you have already submitted your documents.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre"
EXACTLY what i got on 26th September. After this email i did inquiries and got reply that my case has been escalated to decision making centre.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by MA17
You are not alone my case is 26th April so hopefully we all have a vida approval soon
Applied from bangkok too. 28th April..

Still waiting!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Today is another milestone, a rather unwelcome one. We have hit 100 business days today since our biometrics on 10 May. Last night I sent another email to my MP with a more firmer tone asking him to put more pressure on Sheffield to expedite our papers in the next few days saying basically I was fed up with generic responses and if I have not heard anything by cop next Wednesday I want a face to face meeting with my MP. I
do not really have a lot of confidence in the October 31 email which was sent out on mass but hope that I am wrong
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

EXACTLY what i got on 26th September. After this email i did inquiries and got reply that my case has been escalated to decision making centre.
Funny that, I also received that email on the 26th September. Also, your inquiries were with the UKVI I'm assuming?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.