Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Question - if a decision as a no meaning no visa.

Can your partner travel to the UK on a tourist visa whilst the appeal is going on?

I know this might only be for 3 months but I'm thinking of both outcomes after such a long time.

My supporting documents were reviewed and organised my immigration solicitor

I am just fearful they assess the application without our supporting documents which they state they didn't have but we sent twice (the originals) and once as copies because they were in possession of the originals.

It would be massively unfair if such a scenario occured
How did you send your documents, via the UK or scanned?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Question - if a decision as a no meaning no visa.

Can your partner travel to the UK on a tourist visa whilst the appeal is going on?

I know this might only be for 3 months but I'm thinking of both outcomes after such a long time.

My supporting documents were reviewed and organised my immigration solicitor

I am just fearful they assess the application without our supporting documents which they state they didn't have but we sent twice (the originals) and once as copies because they were in possession of the originals.

It would be massively unfair if such a scenario occured
Don't worry. Your application will be fine. They just asked to buy a bit more time. I think there's no reason why you can't travel to the U.K. on a tourist visa in the impossible scenario. I would do the same after so long although we have managed to see each other every 4-5 weeks My 5-year visitor visa is still valid.

Last edited by Rosy1910; Sep 27th 2017 at 10:10 am.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyede
How did you send your documents, via the UK or scanned?
Documents were posted via Courier then Royal Mail

I have confirmation of delivery from both methods and have shared those with my MP and sent to UKVI 3 times.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Don't worry. Your application will be fine. They just asked to buy a bit more time. I think there's no reason why you can't travel to the U.K. on a tourist visa in the impossible scenario. I would do the same after so long although we have managed to see each other every 4-5 weeks My 5-year visitor visa is still valid.
I believe you are right but the amount of unwarranted stress it has caused my wife was totally unnecessary.

If they just stated they cannot give a decision for another 3 months but we have everything we need from you would have been disappointing but acceptable.

I have been lucky to, Morocco is relatively cheap to fly to and I have been travelling every month to see my wife since we married last December.

I have had to move her into her apartment this week however as her family were not being supportive or patient with her going.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe you are right but the amount of unwarranted stress it has caused my wife was totally unnecessary.

If they just stated they cannot give a decision for another 3 months but we have everything we need from you would have been disappointing but acceptable.

I have been lucky to, Morocco is relatively cheap to fly to and I have been travelling every month to see my wife since we married last December.

I have had to move her into her apartment this week however as her family were not being supportive or patient with her going.
We are unfortunately more than 6000 miles apart. You are right, it's similar to the non-straight forward email sent to us near the 60 working days just to shamelessly hide the fact that they are catching up with the stats to make them look good. I am sure that email must have panicked so many couples as it did to us.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyede
I would join you and pay £5 a pint in the airport on me if i new i was going to get an answer soon
Good thing i don't drink - £5 for a pint - sounds VERY expensive.

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Haha I am willing to take the endless queue (which normally takes me up to a couple of hours everytime I arrive at Heathrow) plus all the wait for my lugguages to come 😜 to get the positive decision soon. I don't mind within the next couple of weeks 😂
Fingers crossed you hear back this month! If not the start of next month. Fingers crossed.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by drrobertj
Date of Application/ Biometrics: June 23, 2017 "Expedited"
Place: Singapore
Receipt by Sheffield: June 24, 2017
Contacted Visa International Enquiry Service: Sept 6, 2017. Form letter reply Sept 10: Your application is being considered.
Sept 13: Form letter: "Application not straightforward"
Sept 14: Request for additional documents - wedding photos, more detailed financials, etc
Sept. 14: Contacted MP for Hastings Amber Rudd (Home Secretary!) who contacted Sheffield.
Sept. 15: Requested documents sent via email.
Sept. 18: Sheffield claims they can't open the documents, asked to re-submit with one document per email.
Sept. 18 Contacted Amber Rudd again. Told to resubmit.
Sept 19: Re-submitted as requested, but even a resubmitted Appendix 2 (which they already had) rejected since "file size too big". Tried again using compression software.
Sept 20: All emails went through, but no acknowledgement. Also sent documents via Royal Mail recorded delivery to Sheffield.
Sept. 23: email from Sheffield claims the financial information not received despite receipt of recorded delivery on Sept 22. Request for additional documents (Divorce papers!) despite Govt issued marriage certificate from Govt. of Singapore issued in 2010 and wedding photos. Note: Singapore does not condone either bigamy or polygamy!
Sept 24: Recontacted Amber Rudd who confirmed all of the documents had been received.
Sept. 25: email from Sheffield: "We're busy, aim to make a decision by Oct 31, but if we can't we'll let you know." Forwarded the reply to Amber Rudd!
Sept. 26: Looking into cancelling flight reservations from Singapore to the UK made 3 months ago, assuming that expedited processing would take 15 days as claimed when I paid the £400 extra.
Even having as Amber Rudd as your local MP, UKVI in Sheffield still can't get it right

I hope they just grant everybody a Visa and both us and them the hassle
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Shirlspuipui is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
Just rang UKVI and they said a decision has been made on 26th sept so fingers cross for good news.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui
Hi everyone
Just rang UKVI and they said a decision has been made on 26th sept so fingers cross for good news.
Congrats! Best of luck! When did you apply? And also did you receive that email stating about decision will be made by 31st October?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Biometric 31st may
Country applied Hong Kong
Priority
7th aug request more sponsors financial documents
Rang UKVI today and they said a decision has been made last night
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Biometric 31st may
Country applied Hong Kong
Priority
7th aug request more sponsors financial documents
Rang UKVI today and they said a decision has been made last night
Congratulations again! Will be good news! Did they just ask for more bank statements and pay slips?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Received email 31st oct same as everybody else
Hopefully visa is inside the passport when it arrives in Hong Kong
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Because we applied through self employment they asked for full audited account and 12 months personal and business account statement.
Thanks everyone will keep you guys informed when passport arrives in Hong Kong
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Because we applied through self employment they asked for full audited account and 12 months personal and business account statement.
Thanks everyone will keep you guys informed when passport arrives in Hong Kong
Awesome.. does the tracking website work for you? I wanted to know if it works
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Nope, it doesn't work. Never did. I told them earlier on in the month that had to leave Hong Kong by end of the month because living in Hong Kong based on a spouse visa as well so really they kept their promise .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.