Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by rvg1212
Exactly Hamza.... tried all sorts to get a hope of light into when the applications will be processed. But no, no one can question them.... even if UKVI give useless responses. Moreover they have got custody of my wife's passport all those 37weeks and counting. I/we don't have unlimited amounts of leave from work to visit wife, why don't they understand all this! We are just cornered and helpless. Now even hope has died within me.... don't know what to do😞
Don't let ur hope die my dear am also in 32 weeks now still waiting and I strongly hope that one day they will approve and release it u re not alone. Lets just be strong
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by Paulakh
9th March

I wonder if they are keeping indians specifically behind all others..
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
I wonder if they are keeping indians specifically behind all others..
http://m.economictimes.com/nri/visa-and-immigration/uk-announces-crackdown-on-immigration-decision-to-hit-indians/amp_articleshow/54679933.cms
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by garyede
i have just received some positive news. Home office has just sent an email to pay the IHS fee for our daughter. I mentioned this to my MP in my letter so i reckon my MP,s intervention
is helping our case and is slowly chipping away and pushing them to get their finger out.
My MP phoned me this evening and asked if I had paid the IHS fee. He said he was talking to them early in the day and they were working on our papers but stopped once they realised we had not paid the IHS fee. My MP will ring the HO first thing on Monday morning to make sure they continue on our papers finish it and give us a decision. I am hoping that next week is the breakthrough we been waiting for.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Faisal93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Date of Biometrics: 2nd May

Working day:102 days
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PinkDia
Hi - your daughter is not a British citizen? Or do they charge for children with British passports born outside UK too?
She is Australian, but is a biological child of my wife so has indefinite leave to enter. So you are correct, I should not pay. However, I don't want to hold my case up while I argue the toss so I've paid it and will request a refund after I'm approved, along with refund of my priority processing fees, UKVI Contact Centre call costs, and other related costs Godwilling.

Matt.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

My MP phoned me this evening and asked if I had paid the IHS fee. He said he was talking to them early in the day and they were working on our papers but stopped once they realised we had not paid the IHS fee. My MP will ring the HO first thing on Monday morning to make sure they continue on our papers finish it and give us a decision. I am hoping that next week is the breakthrough we been waiting for.
Hi buddy, when did you apply for your visa?
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep pushing it Gary, looks like it's working for you.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Minho86;12344450]Hi buddy, when did you apply for your visa?[/QUO

Applied for the visa around 26 April, Biometrics 10 May
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Keep pushing it Gary, looks like it's working for you.
Yes don't want to get too complacent. It is important to keep the momentum going because soon as you give the HO an inch they will take a mile!
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes don't want to get too complacent. It is important to keep the momentum going because soon as you give the HO an inch they will take a mile!
Told my husband that he should push his MP harder too. Think they have forgotten our applications again after we paid IHS.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
Told my husband that he should push his MP harder too. Think they have forgotten our applications again after we paid IHS.
Yes I always think of the process as a number of stages, once the IHS has been paid the docs should be looked at immediately. I would be asking your MP if they are working on them now and if so demand an answer in the next few days. If they won't why not and you need a good reason. In your case they could be checking the authenticity of some of your papers but could easily have just put your file to one side. Don't forget its not a priority to them but it is to you!
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Cecilia5778 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my uk spouse visa today after three months since the application. When I applied it was told me very clearly that the time for processing would be 60 working days but if was in the high season for application , could be more than that. So I just sat and wait. As I am in my country and in my own house I could do this. But I advise you always to pay priority at least for the returning of the passport because took almost twenty days from the time the visa was stamped which means I have to arrive in UK within ten days other wise my vignete will expire and I will have to pay more ...Other thing that went totally the opposite of what I read in many forums and in many advice sites: I applied based solely in my own financial status and didn't care for my British husbands financial status because he doesn't make the required amount and I do. Everytime I read something about was always implied that is only the sponsors money that matters but this is not true.

Last edited by Cecilia5778; Sep 23rd 2017 at 3:26 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PinkDia
Hi - your daughter is not a British citizen? Or do they charge for children with British passports born outside UK too?
British Children do not pay IHS
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j_dt2017
Hello All, I've been following this thread for quite sometimes. Thank you for everyone, your posts help me a lot both in terms of information and reassuring that I am not alone. I am in the same situation.
Date of Biometrics

Location of Biometrics: Thailand (Chiangmai)

Date of email receipt from Sheffield: 1 June 2017

We are on the second escalation. Already contacted MP but I don't really know this will make any differences, hope so anyway. I believed that our case is straightforward as we meet all requirements. Also, my two sons are carrying UK passports. Due to my husband's work, we decided to move back to the UK this year. I am here on my own waiting for the visa, roughly about 83 working days now. We hear nothing. I kind of believe that our application is forgotten or lost somewhere.
I am so frustrated to hear someone mentioned that apparently we are in 120 days timeline now. I am not sure if this new timeline is true but i do hope it's not.

Latest email i got from them (13th Sep) said they "re-escalated my case and it's being seen as an urgent case"
I don't know how true it is, would like to hear some opinion. My opinion is they shouldn't have to use the word urgent if it doesn't exist. Since I paid for priority and didn't get that, they shouldn't continue to tell me urgent after all.
With this delay, this starts to get us down, especially my husband and our second son. I hope we all will get our visa and reunion with our family soon.
My wife did her biometrics on 25 April in Bangkok. We were married 7 years ago and have lived together for all that time in our family home in Thailand. I moved back to UK on 19 May to set up home with our 4 year old son (British Passport) so that he could start primary school in September. He has been without his mummy now for four months and asks every night will he ever see his mummy again. My wife is a teacher (Thai govt officer). We easily qualify for settlement in all respects.

She is now on working day 107. My MP is on the case. I wonder what happens if we go past 120 days. I am at the lowest point ever in my life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.