Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 21st 2017, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hi Gary, I am going to spend time on this over the weekend.

My MP called HO on Tuesday. They apparently gave cast iron guarantee that someone would call me with an update to my mobile from the HO parliamentary team. Nothing. I am going to fire off a very strong email this afternoon saying nothing of the promise in 48 hrs. (my MP naive? or just stalling?)

i am trying to get into the BBC. News night slammed Amber Rudd last night for the ongoing Afghan Asylum debacle.

Conservative party conference 1-4 October in Manchester ?????????
Make sure you are firm and set the agenda, not the HO or your MP. Further keep your MP sweet thanking them for their intervention. Every one likes to be appreciated and they are your most powerful ally. Hopefully as individuals, a group and the selective use of our MP's we can get results for all of us. Stay positive onwards and upwards.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

I just sent this to my MP. Scott Mann's office. Conservative. North Cornwall.

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your call two days ago when you mentioned I should expect a call directly from Scott’s colleagues in the Home Office (Parliamentary section I think you said).

Unfortunately no such call has been forthcoming nor any email. [my wife] has now been waiting for 105 working days. The final target for the Home Office to meet is 120 Working Days. Quoted from their website:

100% of Applications will be processed within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

That is 120 working days, and for xxxxxxxxxx that falls on 12 October 2017.

Can I please now turn to a question raised in the House on Monday last by Mike Gapes:

Mike Gapes Labour/Co-operative, Ilford South
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many entry clearance applications for a (a) spouse and (b) fiancé have not been processed within 12 weeks in each of the last 12 months; and if she will make a statement.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans...isas#g10258.r0

The answer provided by Brandon Lewis is an utter disgrace. It demonstrates the level of interest he and other ministers have in the issue at hand. Unfortunately my four year old son is unable to comprehend the negligence, and the State enforced separation that the incompetence in Sheffield has caused. My wife has been without her passport since 25 April!

I am very mindful that Scott’s diary is full months in advance, but I once again ask you to please, please put this in front of him personally without any further delay. I am happy to travel to London to meet him. I am happy to meet him and Brandon Lewis and Amber Rudd in Manchester 1-4 October. A number of us are planning to go to Manchester if invited, and given Newsnight’s slamming of Amber Rudd last night we are hopeful of an audience of sorts. Sky news are also showing an interest. I believe an article will appear in the Guardian either this weekend or next.

Any further assistance that Scott can please provide in reuniting my wife with her son and her husband will be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyede
Ah now i know what pc you use! All of that money and effort we are being treat like imbeciles!
I guess they won't be using Apple Macs! Then again they could be, all that money they could each buy a Macbook and new iPhone X.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KernowIan
I just sent this to my MP. Scott Mann's office. Conservative. North Cornwall.

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for your call two days ago when you mentioned I should expect a call directly from Scott’s colleagues in the Home Office (Parliamentary section I think you said).

Unfortunately no such call has been forthcoming nor any email. [my wife] has now been waiting for 105 working days. The final target for the Home Office to meet is 120 Working Days. Quoted from their website:

100% of Applications will be processed within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

That is 120 working days, and for xxxxxxxxxx that falls on 12 October 2017.

Can I please now turn to a question raised in the House on Monday last by Mike Gapes:

Mike Gapes Labour/Co-operative, Ilford South
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many entry clearance applications for a (a) spouse and (b) fiancé have not been processed within 12 weeks in each of the last 12 months; and if she will make a statement.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans...isas#g10258.r0

The answer provided by Brandon Lewis is an utter disgrace. It demonstrates the level of interest he and other ministers have in the issue at hand. Unfortunately my four year old son is unable to comprehend the negligence, and the State enforced separation that the incompetence in Sheffield has caused. My wife has been without her passport since 25 April!

I am very mindful that Scott’s diary is full months in advance, but I once again ask you to please, please put this in front of him personally without any further delay. I am happy to travel to London to meet him. I am happy to meet him and Brandon Lewis and Amber Rudd in Manchester 1-4 October. A number of us are planning to go to Manchester if invited, and given Newsnight’s slamming of Amber Rudd last night we are hopeful of an audience of sorts. Sky news are also showing an interest. I believe an article will appear in the Guardian either this weekend or next.

Any further assistance that Scott can please provide in reuniting my wife with her son and her husband will be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely
Very good letter Ian I might be able to attend too if you manage to pull off a meeting with any of the above politicians
Old Sep 21st 2017, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyede
Very good letter Ian I might be able to attend too if you manage to pull off a meeting with any of the above politicians
I am based in the Manchester area so I can attend also.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
Here's what I wrote to Mr Gapes and Mr Corbyn, personal details removed:

Dear Mr Gapes,

Whilst I am not a constituent of yours I wanted to write and thank you for the written questions you submitted to the Home Office on 12 and 13 September 2017 with regard to the processing of spousal visa applications and their processing by the Sheffield office. I find that my own situation is mirrored precisely by the circumstances you are referring to in those questions - my wife submitted her settlement visa application in May 2017 and we find ourselves in that group of applications that seem to have disappeared into a black hole at the Sheffield processing office. So thank you for at least attempting to get answers from the Home Office, even if they replied with an appalling attempted whitewash.

{Details of our particular case here}

Shortly before our 60 day service standard deadline was met we were told the application was not straightforward - we were not told why. We were asked for further financial information that the office claimed we had not provided even though we had sent this as part of our initial supporting documents. We submitted the requested information via email again and received another email from Sheffield several days later stating that we had not provided the information yet so they would make a decision on August 15th with whatever information we had provided if we didn't send the requested documents. We sent them again immediately and via email, and since then have heard nothing other than to be told on August 29th that they had finally got around to adding the documents to our case. We are now at day 95 since the bio-metric appointment. We have escalated three times and never had any reply from that. My MP has written to the Director of UKVI and received no response - after some 26 days.

As I am sure you are aware, ours is not a unique case. This online forum {link to here added} contains 75 pages of similar, if not exact (give or take a day or two), stories. In most cases, the sequence is the same - as people approach the 60 day service deadline they are suddenly told that their case is not straightforward. No one is ever told why - Sitel are a shameful money making machine that never, and I do mean never, provide any worthwhile or useful information despite that being their one task, for which applicants pay handsomely. And suddenly the Home Office can ignore us. In his disgracefully uninformative answers to you Brandon Lewis pointed you to a report from August 2017 detailing the figures for settlement applications in Q1 this year - but Q2 is where the issues seem to be arising, and where the Home Office suddenly seems to be unable to produce statistics - despite their own website containing statistics for decisions made in May 2017 stating that 100% of the applications decided from the USA in that month were dealt with by day 90 (you'll recall we are at day 95). Applications made in April and May this year (and many further back than that) seem to have been ignored, lost or inexplicably delayed. I see stories of people who are approaching 124 days without a decision.

Furthermore, I believe that the HO is deliberately misleading the public. Cases that are about to breach the 60 day standard are shortly before the deadline declared to be 'not straightforward', which if you read the notes in the August 2017 report now means they are set outside of the standard service times and can now be ignored in favour of processing applications that have longer to run, thus allowing the Home Office and UKVI to report better processing times and results.

{details of why I think our case is straightforward and how we meet and exceed all requirements} Yet UKVI conveniently deemed it non-straightforward just before they were due to miss their processing deadline, and have since ignored it whilst processing visa applications made after ours was, and they admit they still don't know when they will make a decision for us.

Please continue to push the Home Office for answers to your questions because very few people outside of those affected seem to know what is going on and Brandon Lewis should be ashamed by his transparent effort to avoid giving you any useful or meaningful information. His department most assuredly does have the answers to your questions - or is he suggesting that UKVI is being so incompetently and haphazardly run that they do not know how many applications they are processing at any given time, and that there is no monitoring of their processing service standards in real time? If that's the case - how can they possibly hope to meet them?

The limbo that those of us affected by this are stranded in is simply soul destroying. I missed my daughter's 2nd birthday. My wife missed our eldest son's birthday just yesterday and will most likely miss my birthday in October. When I travelled to the US for my wife's birthday in July my daughter didn't recognise me. We spent our 17th wedding anniversary on opposite sides of the world. We have missed months of potential earnings and job experience for my wife. My family has been split so UKVI can mislead the public about meeting its processing standards, and then deliberately try to avoid your questions on the issue. I know of dozens suffering in the same way, there are most likely hundreds. Brandon Lewis' answers are an insult to all of us.

Thank you for bringing this to light in Parliament, and please don't stop asking questions about it until you get some meaningful, truthful, answers.

Yours Sincerely,
👍🏾 well said 👌🏿🙌🏿
Old Sep 21st 2017, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Progress, of a sort.

Received in the mail today a response from my MP, which included UKVI's response to his query.

Essentially they say 2 things:

1. It was our fault for not providing everything they wanted, and then not answering their first request for what they wanted, and the 2nd request only three days after it was sent.
2. They have 24 weeks to process the application not 12, so my wife's decision won't happen until November.

I wrote back to my MP - we did reply on the same day to the first extra document request and have the email receipts to prove it. We didn't see the requirement for 1 of the items because it was buried deep in an appendix we didn't know about and had already provided them with substitutes for in our original supporting documents and the 2nd item they said we hadn't provided we actually did - and not just for the prior 6 months but for 12!

Then the second request changed what they asked for, so we answered it the next day and not 3 days later, and it then took UKVI 20 days to acknowledge receipt!

Then I pointed out that everywhere else UKVI only refer to a 12 week deadline - including in their online processing calculator and their own reports on their service.

Then I finally pointed out that UKVI's calculations are wrong anyway, 24 weeks from our application date is October 26, not November, so UKVI are admitting they won't even make that service standard.

What an awful joke this process is.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

UKVI is pathetic playing with people lives and families. They should be processing the backlogs first rather than the other way round. Also, their ridiculous couple of generic emails "application not straight forward" is all non-sense. Credit to the MPs to raise the questions (Mr. Gapes & Mr. Corbyn) in the parliament, and I hope they press on the issues and we all get some resolvement due to that. It's been 37weeks waiting with no communication at all; apart from the generic email in March - "application not straight forward" and MPs involvement resulted in few responses stating "please be patient - due to the number of applications delays have incurred" which is pathetic excuse..... possibly MPs is all shying away from involving when knowing the facts, why process new applications then..? Also Sitel Co. should be pressing on the complaints and unresolved issues they are witnessing through numerous phones calls should be helping us people, but instead racking up the money together with UKVI (money making business; playing with peoples lives, emotions, and helplessness). I applied back in 28th Dec 2016, nothing as of yet!!!! I hope all that are waiting for similar amount of time (37weeks); please post if u hear any news. Thanks.... wish everyone gets their settlement soon.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Hamza9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rvg1212
UKVI is pathetic playing with people lives and families. They should be processing the backlogs first rather than the other way round. Also, their ridiculous couple of generic emails "application not straight forward" is all non-sense. Credit to the MPs to raise the questions (Mr. Gapes & Mr. Corbyn) in the parliament, and I hope they press on the issues and we all get some resolvement due to that. It's been 37weeks waiting with no communication at all; apart from the generic email in March - "application not straight forward" and MPs involvement resulted in few responses stating "please be patient - due to the number of applications delays have incurred" which is pathetic excuse..... possibly MPs is all shying away from involving when knowing the facts, why process new applications then..? Also Sitel Co. should be pressing on the complaints and unresolved issues they are witnessing through numerous phones calls should be helping us people, but instead racking up the money together with UKVI (money making business; playing with peoples lives, emotions, and helplessness). I applied back in 28th Dec 2016, nothing as of yet!!!! I hope all that are waiting for similar amount of time (37weeks); please post if u hear any news. Thanks.... wish everyone gets their settlement soon.
I feel so bad for u it's pathetic! Do they have any idea how we live without our spouse for this long! Are we not paying them money ? I never expected this from UK services! I never knew they could get such money freaks ! Where r we supposed to go for justice!!!! They r not hiring any more people ! N the priority service scheme for making money is on the top! Getting so much money n giving nothing in response! N then we have to pay money for the calls too! Just pathetic!
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Date of biometrics: 19/04/2017
Place of biometrics: Banjul, The Gambia.
Date of email receipt from Sheffield: 21/04/2017.
Location constituency of sponsors MP: North Oxfordshire.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hamza9
I feel so bad for u it's pathetic! Do they have any idea how we live without our spouse for this long! Are we not paying them money ? I never expected this from UK services! I never knew they could get such money freaks ! Where r we supposed to go for justice!!!! They r not hiring any more people ! N the priority service scheme for making money is on the top! Getting so much money n giving nothing in response! N then we have to pay money for the calls too! Just pathetic!
Exactly Hamza.... tried all sorts to get a hope of light into when the applications will be processed. But no, no one can question them.... even if UKVI give useless responses. Moreover they have got custody of my wife's passport all those 37weeks and counting. I/we don't have unlimited amounts of leave from work to visit wife, why don't they understand all this! We are just cornered and helpless. Now even hope has died within me.... don't know what to do😞
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonnz
What time of the day do Sheffield send out there emails to say you got your visa? Is it uk time or the country of applying time
Good question. Anyone have the answer?

I keep checking mails up until to the end of business UK time!

97 days now grrrrrr
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone tell me if the applicant has to make a call of enquiry or if the partner/sponsor can make the call.

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Can someone tell me if the applicant has to make a call of enquiry or if the partner/sponsor can make the call.

Thanks
My husband has been calling for me. Even The call centre people are surprised we haven't heard... they recognise his voice now!

It's just pathetic. Please let me know what we all want to do next and whom to email.... I'm in!
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j4v3d
I guess they won't be using Apple Macs! Then again they could be, all that money they could each buy a Macbook and new iPhone X.
Why can't Siri run the UKVI Contact Centre? I asked her and she just searched the web for me on why she can't. Admittedly, that's more than the UKVI Contact Centre will do (they tell you to search their website).

I did ask her how many Apple Store geniuses does it take to screw in a lightbulb though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.