Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Same dates as my wife. Can I ask where you did biometrics
Hi

My wife is a Moroccan national.

She gave her bio metrics in Rabat at using the TLSContact agency.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
I have read in various places that the HO have started telling people 120 days is the new normal! But they still state 60 days on their website!

They told me in the email yesterday that my complaint has been partly upheld because i was contact after 80 working days to tell me that it is their "busy time of the year" so this is why it has not been processed!

I have already responded to tell him with all due respect you are full of <snip>
Well it sounds like there are a few of us who are in the 100 - 120 days club at the moment.

So it would be very interesting to start hearing people in this group receiving new anytime soon.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

After chasing UKVI several times for a decision letter,we finally got the letter by email today .Our Application was refused because I left My husband two days after our wedding and why didn't I visit him or why didn't he make an effort to visit me..ECO noted that I was pregnant at that time and I had our child in uk .He was satisfied with everything apart from the fact we haven't any asset together,and not visited each other for more than one year .I spent 3 weeks with my hubby before our wedding and I had visited him several times prior to our wedding,we just got married so how does the ECO expect us to have assets together.OUR only asset is our child .I am definitely going for an Appeal.
Because I am a full time student ,I work as well and I could not travel in and out of Africa with heavy pregnancy .
Guys,do you think appeal is the best option for me please?

Last edited by Emm123; Sep 19th 2017 at 2:16 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Well it sounds like there are a few of us who are in the 100 - 120 days club at the moment.

So it would be very interesting to start hearing people in this group receiving new anytime soon.
I'm hoping for the same! It's been 21 weeks... 105 days. Absolutely shocking! My kids miss their dad and are missing out on school! We are living out of suitcases
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Do you think we need to go to a FB page? all those over 60 days and certainly those approaching 120 days?

Alternatively a new thread - could we moderate that ourselves?
I am ok with all forms of generating attention as we are powerless to circumvent the rules that the HO UKVI have designed to be extremely favorable towards them only.

I would ask you do the following though like I have mentioned earlier today -

The journalist who wrote the following article

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...a-applications
is Amelia Hill.

You can email Amelia directly at <snip>
(refer to https://www.theguardian.com/help/contact-us)

Please share your experience with Amelia in an email. I hope enough of us emailing her might want spark an interest in tackling another Border Agency story.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 19th 2017 at 2:51 pm. Reason: Sorry, but taking out a third parties email address to save it being picked up by every spambot out there!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emm123
After chasing UKVI several times for a decision letter,we finally got the letter by email today .Our Application was refused because I left My husband two days after our wedding and why didn't I visit him or why didn't he make an effort to visit me..ECO noted that I was pregnant at that time and I had our child in uk .He was satisfied with everything apart from the fact we haven't any asset together,and not visited each other for more than one year .I am definitely going for an Appeal.
Because I am a full time student ,I work as well and I could not travel in and out of Africa with heavy pregnancy .
I'm so sorry to hear this. Could you get a lawyer involved too?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

After chasing UKVI several times for a decision letter,we finally got the letter by email today .Our Application was refused because I left My husband two days after our wedding and why didn't I visit him or why didn't he make an effort to visit me..ECO noted that I was pregnant at that time and I had our child in uk .He was satisfied with everything apart from the fact we haven't any asset together,and not visited each other for more than one year .I am definitely going for an Appeal.
An appeal could take longer than the application process, so it's entirely up to you what route you want to take. If it was me i'd put in the application again, do you have the exact wording of the refusal? Maybe post it on here so others can take a look at it.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh sorry to hear that. Had you tried to consult a solicitor? Maybe the solicitor could fight your case. The solicitor will give you advice too and tell you what to do, it's either Appeal or reapply.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Can you share the link to the Guardian please?

We need some more numbers to join up before approaching the press in order for it to be a coordinated and effective effort.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...a-applications
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

I am starting a new thread. Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

I am starting a new thread. Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays
Many thanks

Please can you share a link to the new thread here for others who are in the same boat can jump and contribute to a collective effort?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Default Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Hi folks. For general posts regarding the delays at Sheffield please go to the MERGED thread.

This thread is to gain an insight of who has been waiting for more than 90 working days and to get an idea of any 'group' representation / action we might want to consider. Clearly our MPs are getting nowhere.

I suggest we each initially share the following information

Date of Biometrics

Location of Biometrics

Date of email receipt from Sheffield

Location Constituency of your sponsors MP
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Date of Biometrics : 25 April

Location of Biometrics : Bangkok

Date of email receipt from Sheffield : 4 May

Location Constituency of your sponsors MP: North Cornwall
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...delays-903545/
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Date of Biometrics : 25 April

Location of Biometrics : Bangkok

Date of email receipt from Sheffield : 4 May

Location Constituency of your sponsors MP: North Cornwall
I can't believe you're still waiting for a decision on your wife's visa. I'm so sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.