Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 12th 2017, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

MalaysianExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

We are on working day 25 now, paid priority which we thought originally would result in the application being processed within 10 working days.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Missl73
I'm not sure... I can't find the first email I sent I have a feeling it's because I used the online form. From memory I simply stated that they hadn't met their SLA for priority processing and that was disappointing given the website said 70% of applications were being processed in 15 days (which was true at the time but has since been updated) so we'd be expecting a refund if non-priority applications were getting approved ahead of ours.

This is the reply I got copied and pasted exactly:

"Thank you for contacting UK Visa and Immigration International enquiry service. Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying.

In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval. This was last updated 31st May. I understand this has taken more time than service level agreement therefore, I will need to escalate the matter. For me to do so can you please fill out the form below in order:

* Applicant's full name:
* GWF Reference number:
* IHS Reference number (if applicable):
* Place of submission (City&Country):
* Type of visa applied for:
* Date of biometrics:
* Nationality:
* Applicant's Email:
* Brief Reason for escalation:

Please note priority service does not guarantee that you will receive a decision within certain number of days. It only means that your application would be put in front of the queue. We aim to complete priority applications as soon as possible however it may get delayed due to several factors.

We have service levels. We aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards.

Please see the link below to find an immigration advisor:

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser

Regards,

Nadia
UK Visas and Immigration"
Hi

Based on your info we have drafted an email and sent it to them. Fingers crossed ))

Been a tough week for us as I had surgery and had to rely on family and friends when all i wanted was Inna with me... we have also had to cancel our holiday now as not sure the passport will be back in time. ggrrrrrrr....
Old Jul 12th 2017, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichInna
Hi

Based on your info we have drafted an email and sent it to them. Fingers crossed ))

Been a tough week for us as I had surgery and had to rely on family and friends when all i wanted was Inna with me... we have also had to cancel our holiday now as not sure the passport will be back in time. ggrrrrrrr....
Hi, did you use the service below ? unfortunately the average waiting time for majority of the standard applications is no longer 15 days but 60 - looking fwd to hear the reply to your email

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by london_2005
Hi, did you use the service below ? unfortunately the average waiting time for majority of the standard applications is no longer 15 days but 60 - looking fwd to hear the reply to your email

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.
Hi

Yes I have used this info, as when the application was submitted the SLAs were better. So hope to get some response on that. I have stated that the Service is below standard and also that TLScontact are still advertising priority as 10-15 days when clearly they cannot do this.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Yes I have used this info, as when the application was submitted the SLAs were better. So hope to get some response on that. I have stated that the Service is below standard and also that TLScontact are still advertising priority as 10-15 days when clearly they cannot do this.
My concern is, if it's the same call centre people replying to the emails then the answer should be the same. The main problem is; they cannot give us any more details than the one we track on TLS website. I can already see it's waiting for a decision there so would expect more granular visibility on where the application is in the process
Old Jul 12th 2017, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

BBOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by MalaysianExpat
We are on working day 25 now, paid priority which we thought originally would result in the application being processed within 10 working days.
Paying priority doesn't guarantee a quicker response. Although, I didn't pay priority. I have read enough timelines about such
Old Jul 12th 2017, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

BBOB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Laciuk
Working day ( miserable) 45
Paid priority ( waste of money)
� ����
Daylight robbery
Yeah the home office are misleading. No guarantee with priority. Mine was not priority.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by london_2005
My concern is, if it's the same call centre people replying to the emails then the answer should be the same. The main problem is; they cannot give us any more details than the one we track on TLS website. I can already see it's waiting for a decision there so would expect more granular visibility on where the application is in the process
We have emailed and they replied saying the standard 'it is awaiting a decision' I think it is the same people as at the call centre.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

london

I am using the service you showed, yes.. this way you pay once only and continue a feed with them
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife is in a Thai forum. This has just been posted by one of them. Biometrics attended Bangkok 19 APRIL. They waited until 6 July to tell her this??????????????

Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

https://ibb.co/jWg2FF
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

What the hell does this mean for my wife? I should not have failed the financial test. Our son is British, and now in UK waiting for his mum (Thai).
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

london

I am using the service you showed, yes.. this way you pay once only and continue a feed with them
and how long have you been waiting for now ?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

41 working days today... this will be our 3rd attempt to get an answer from them..
what about you ?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

41 working days today... this will be our 3rd attempt to get an answer from them..
what about you ?
it's getting more scary now...i'm only 16 days...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.