Marrying in California?

Old Jun 8th 2016, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying in California?

Originally Posted by Ben2795
Oh ok because the visa has submit application on the website so it confused me.

So to clarify,she prints off the form she's filled out online and sends that via post to Sheffield,does she also press submit application at the bottom of that too?

When you say print of appendix two,do you mean all the stuff appendix two requires? Or the actual whole of appendix two ?
What I meant was she prints off Appendix 2, completes it and include it with all the other documentation which gets sent to Sheffield; financial documents (payslips, statements, employment contract, self employment docs etc) accommodation documents, proof of engagement, proof of marriage arrangements etc etc etc
Old Jun 8th 2016, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ben2795 is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of proof of marriage arrangements can I provide ?
Old Jun 8th 2016, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

A quick Google and I found that people have shown emails with the registry office as proof of intent to marry,is that sufficient?

I have some emails from a few months back enquiring about dates in October and November and pricing,and what proof and notice we needed to give.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, contact with registry office for dates etc will be OK. Contact with venues for reception, caterers etc? Wedding clothes?, wedding rings

Did we mention at the beginning of this thread that you going to the US and getting married there, would probably be easier and save you the costs of a fiance visa and then a marriage visa
Old Jun 10th 2016, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yes, contact with registry office for dates etc will be OK. Contact with venues for reception, caterers etc? Wedding clothes?, wedding rings

Did we mention at the beginning of this thread that you going to the US and getting married there, would probably be easier and save you the costs of a fiance visa and then a marriage visa
Yeah I know but my fiancé is dead set on an English wedding aha,

I know that most of the documents I need or found in the appendix thing,but would you be kind enough to give me a list of all/most of the documents I need to supply for the visa please? I have real trouble taking in what I'm reading when it's big walls of text like that as I'm slightly dyslexic.

I'd really appreciate it
Old Jun 10th 2016, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah I know but my fiancé is dead set on an English wedding aha,

I know that most of the documents I need or found in the appendix thing,but would you be kind enough to give me a list of all/most of the documents I need to supply for the visa please? I have real trouble taking in what I'm reading when it's big walls of text like that as I'm slightly dyslexic.

I'd really appreciate it
There is no one concise list as people's situations are different. Someone bringing over a spouse and is self employed would provide different documents to someone bringing over a fiance and is employed.

Do a search on this forum for Document check list - there are several lists going around at the moment.

Bear in mind you have to show relationship, financial and accommodation proof. Your are self employed if I remember correctly so there is a bundle of stuff for that:

Read from Paragraph 7 of the following document to find out ALL the docs you need to provide for self employment:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

Accommodation: suggestions: tenancy agreement; mortgage agreement; letter from landlord agreeing to applicant staying at the residence; rent book/payments; deeds of property; inspection report

relationship: letters of introduction from applicant and sponsor; history of relationship, photos of meetings, photos of other family get togethers; engagement ring, wedding arrangements.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

There is no one concise list as people's situations are different. Someone bringing over a spouse and is self employed would provide different documents to someone bringing over a fiance and is employed.

Do a search on this forum for Document check list - there are several lists going around at the moment.

Bear in mind you have to show relationship, financial and accommodation proof. Your are self employed if I remember correctly so there is a bundle of stuff for that:

Read from Paragraph 7 of the following document to find out ALL the docs you need to provide for self employment:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

Accommodation: suggestions: tenancy agreement; mortgage agreement; letter from landlord agreeing to applicant staying at the residence; rent book/payments; deeds of property; inspection report

relationship: letters of introduction from applicant and sponsor; history of relationship, photos of meetings, photos of other family get togethers; engagement ring, wedding arrangements.
Thanks for this.

Concerning my bank statements,I bank with Barclays,If I print out my bank statements online will that be sufficient?
Old Jun 11th 2016, 9:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this.

Concerning my bank statements,I bank with Barclays,If I print out my bank statements online will that be sufficient?
From the link San Diego Girl provided:

(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
From the link San Diego Girl provided:

(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
I can either request them to be sent to me or I have Barclays cloud it which has my bank statements on there,can I print those out is what I want to know.

I don't understand what it's saying is ok and isn't.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

I can either request them to be sent to me or I have Barclays cloud it which has my bank statements on there,can I print those out is what I want to know.

To be totally sure I just ordered my tax years worth of accounts direct from Barclays,also with a cover letter certifying their authenticity and along with the years tax paid for the accounts? Which I didn't even know they had access too lol

Anyone know what that is?
Old Jun 11th 2016, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Also,when I receive my statements should I send them to my fiancé in America or can I send them from here ?
Old Jun 11th 2016, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If YOU print them off at home you need to get them authenticated by the bank i.e each page stamped.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Also,when I receive my statements should I send them to my fiancé in America or can I send them from here ?
What do you mean send them from here? Send the bank statements by themselves to Sheffield direct?

The bank statements go with all the other documents you are preparing in one package to Sheffield. If YOU are getting all the docs together and sending them to Sheffield then include the bank statements. If your fiance is preparing a package from the States then the bank statements get sent to your fiance and she includes them in the package.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

What do you mean send them from here? Send the bank statements by themselves to Sheffield direct?

The bank statements go with all the other documents you are preparing in one package to Sheffield. If YOU are getting all the docs together and sending them to Sheffield then include the bank statements. If your fiance is preparing a package from the States then the bank statements get sent to your fiance and she includes them in the package.
Oh,I was under the impression she would need to be sending stuff as well as me ?
Old Jun 11th 2016, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh,I was under the impression she would need to be sending stuff as well as me ?
Not as two separate packages !!!!! All the docs go in one package

Read the following summary:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jun 11th 2016 at 10:17 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.