Marrying in California?

Old Apr 12th 2016, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ben2795 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marrying in California?

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
In which case you are going for a settlement visa: Read the following website carefully:

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

In addition to the financial requirements you will need to show relationship and accommodation proof. You will need to show your intent of marrying (appointment at registry/church venue, and proof of expenses of wedding - reception, rings etc -)
Ok so I got a draft on my years accounts and it reads,

Gross income 25,232.00
Less expenditure 4,447
Net profit 20,785
Add back for private usage £41
Less for capital allowances £2000 (van)
Net adjusted profit £18,826

Does this look sufficient ?
Old Apr 12th 2016, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben2795
Ok so I got a draft on my years accounts and it reads,

Gross income 25,232.00
Less expenditure 4,447
Net profit 20,785
Add back for private usage £41
Less for capital allowances £2000 (van)
Net adjusted profit £18,826

Does this look sufficient ?

No expert on tax returns for self employed - but if you are confident your figures are correct, you show above 18,600, so this is sufficient - though close.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Been looking for a place to live for the last couple of months now,a place that is adequate for my requirements and it's proving tricky,at the moment I'm still at home.

What are the requirements of the address they require? As technically I'm renting a room and rooms are rentable to a couple ?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Guide to supporting documents:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

Specifically about accommodation:

Accommodation details
You may wish to submit any of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.
Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants
This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord
confirming that you are able to stay there

Basically the applicant needs to show that they have adequate accommodation for them to stay in upon entering the UK. It could be with friends, relatives, in rented accommodation.

You need to show that the accommodation will not be overcrowded and that you have space for yourself and fiance/wife exclusively i.e your own bedroom.
Old May 10th 2016, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ok so today I signed paperwork and payed a referencing fee for a flat,I will pay the security deposit and rent upfront on the 7th of June and move in on that day,can my fiancé send her visa off before then or not until I have signed everything,what's the usual waiting times once she's sent it off?
Old May 10th 2016, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you have all the documents you require to show that you have the accommodation and that the landlord has given permission for your spouse to join you when she has the visa then you can apply whenever you like.

The UKVI website quotes around 12 weeks for the visa to be processed. Sooner if you pay for priority service.
Old May 10th 2016, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you have all the documents you require to show that you have the accommodation and that the landlord has given permission for your spouse to join you when she has the visa then you can apply whenever you like.

The UKVI website quotes around 12 weeks for the visa to be processed. Sooner if you pay for priority service.
I found this on the gov page,https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...ment-visas/all

I can't work out how to post a photo so hope that link works.

The flat currently has tennants in there that are set to move out by June 1st so I imagine he can't put me down as a tenant until then?
Old May 10th 2016, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK so go with what that page says.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Filling out the visa form online, I want to double check this is correct for a fiancé visa to the uk from USA for my fiancé http://s33.postimg.org/i5nl9czcf/image.jpg

http://s33.postimg.org/jtibwf1tb/image.jpg

Our intention is marriage obviously but at this time she's an unmarried partner

I assume it's marriage.

Last edited by Ben2795; Jun 2nd 2016 at 4:47 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 8:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Filling out the visa form online, I want to double check this is correct for a fiancé visa to the uk from USA for my fiancé http://s33.postimg.org/i5nl9czcf/image.jpg

http://s33.postimg.org/jtibwf1tb/image.jpg

Our intention is marriage obviously but at this time she's an unmarried partner

I assume it's marriage.
Settlement->Settlement->Marriage is correct if you wish your fiancée to come to the UK, marry within six months and then apply to remain in the UK.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

The tennents are now not moving out until the 16th of June,if I can sign all the documents stating I will be moving in on that date would that be adequate or is t better to wait until I am actually in the property.

Also,how does the sending off of the visa work?from what we can work out you send the application part online,do you have to post the accompanying documents or take them to some kind of face to face meeting ?
Old Jun 7th 2016, 10:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The tennents are now not moving out until the 16th of June,if I can sign all the documents stating I will be moving in on that date would that be adequate or is t better to wait until I am actually in the property.

Also,how does the sending off of the visa work?from what we can work out you send the application part online,do you have to post the accompanying documents or take them to some kind of face to face meeting ?
If your wife is applying from the USA then she will need to give her biometrics at a DHS application support centre and then post the application to Sheffield.

More information here.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If your wife is applying from the USA then she will need to give her biometrics at a DHS application support centre and then post the application to Sheffield.

More information here.
I don't understand,what about the online form she fills out,is she supposed to print that off and send that in the post too?
Old Jun 8th 2016, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't understand,what about the online form she fills out,is she supposed to print that off and send that in the post too?
Yes and don't forget Appendix 2 which she prints off, completes and sends with package
Old Jun 8th 2016, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Oh ok because the visa has submit application on the website so it confused me.

So to clarify,she prints off the form she's filled out online and sends that via post to Sheffield,does she also press submit application at the bottom of that too?

When you say print of appendix two,do you mean all the stuff appendix two requires? Or the actual whole of appendix two ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.