Marrying in California?

Old Apr 10th 2016, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ben2795 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marrying in California?

Hi all,just an update. I've worked out my tax returns and have a profit of £18,800 after expenses etc which should be enough for her spouse visa?

As a sole trader self employed,is the income I need profits after expenses then?as all I could find was £18,600 gross income.

Also,come renewal of her visa in around two years time,can we combine incomes to meet the £18,600 (give or take any increases) or will I still have to sponsor her and show profits of Atleast that much?

Thank you all for the advice and help you've given.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben2795
Hi all,just an update. I've worked out my tax returns and have a profit of £18,800 after expenses etc which should be enough for her spouse visa?

As a sole trader self employed,is the income I need profits after expenses then?as all I could find was £18,600 gross income.

Also,come renewal of her visa in around two years time,can we combine incomes to meet the £18,600 (give or take any increases) or will I still have to sponsor her and show profits of Atleast that much?

I am a bit puzzled. What has this got to do with marriage in California?
Old Apr 10th 2016, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I am a bit puzzled. What has this got to do with marriage in California?
Nothing particularly,if you read the hole thread our choice changed and were planning to get married and live in England.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 6:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... Also,come renewal of her visa in around two years time,can we combine incomes to meet the £18,600 (give or take any increases) or will I still have to sponsor her and show profits of At least that much? .....
It's household income that has to be proved, both for the visa application and in future at renewal. We occasionally see a question about a British citizen marrying someone on a work visa in the UK, in which case the immigrant spouse's income is included. In your case your spouse's income will be included at the time of renewal.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

No expert on self employment taxation but I think that gross income equates to gross revenue minus expenses and before tax.

Therefore if your profits after expenses are 18,800 GBP then I think you should be OK. However, you are perilously close to the 18,600 minimum, so you had better have all your documents, proof of income and tax returns absolutely correct and verified.

Presume you have read the documents which provide all the details regarding documents and proof you have to show for self employed/sole trader category

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ugust_2015.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

Yes, when it comes to renewal at the 2.5 years stage then both your and your partner's income can be used.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
No expert on self employment taxation but I think that gross income equates to gross revenue minus expenses and before tax.

Therefore if your profits after expenses are 18,800 GBP then I think you should be OK. However, you are perilously close to the 18,600 minimum, so you had better have all your documents, proof of income and tax returns absolutely correct and verified.

Presume you have read the documents which provide all the details regarding documents and proof you have to show for self employed/sole trader category

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ugust_2015.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

Yes, when it comes to renewal at the 2.5 years stage then both your and your partner's income can be used.
i take it you mean these documents ?

7. In respect of self-employment in the UK as a partner, as a sole trader or in a franchise all of the following must be provided:
  1. (a) Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.
  2. (b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross income as an average of those two years):
    1. (i) annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out); and
    2. (ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
  3. (c) Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available.
  4. (d) Each partner’s Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and/or the UTR of the partnership or business.
  5. (e) Where the person holds or held a separate business bank account(s), bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s).
  6. (f) personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
  7. (g) Evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions, or (where the person has reached state pension age) through alternative evidence (which may include, but is not confined to, evidence of ongoing payment of business rates, business-related insurance premiums, employer National Insurance contributions or franchise payments to the parent company).
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes......
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Yes......
sorry i meant to say,are these all the documents i will need to provide or am i missing others?
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sorry i meant to say,are these all the documents i will need to provide or am i missing others?

If you are talking about financial documents, those listed are the ones you have to produce - don't know of any other official lists which have other documents,

If you are talking about the application as a whole then you need to provide relationship and accommodation proof as well.

Which visa are you going to be applying for?
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

If you are talking about financial documents, those listed are the ones you have to produce - don't know of any other official lists which have other documents,

If you are talking about the application as a whole then you need to provide relationship and accommodation proof as well.

Which visa are you going to be applying for?
She will be applying for the spouse visa,I'll have accommodation by the end of the month so once I've got that she can apply for the visa,when they ask for relationship proof,would a couple hundred photos over the last two years count ? 😄
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She will be applying for the spouse visa,I'll have accommodation by the end of the month so once I've got that she can apply for the visa,when they ask for relationship proof,would a couple hundred photos over the last two years count ? 😄
Do not send a couple of hundred photos ..... that will only cheese off the ECO checking your documents.

So you will be applying for a spouse visa - "joining family in the UK"?

Are you already married then?

Read the following website to see what documents you need to provide:

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

Documents which come immediately to mind: applicants passport, passport photo, wedding certificate etc
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Do not send a couple of hundred photos ..... that will only cheese off the ECO checking your documents.

So you will be applying for a spouse visa - "joining family in the UK"?

Are you already married then?

Read the following website to see what documents you need to provide:

Documents which come immediately to mind: applicants passport, passport photo, wedding certificate etc
No sorry I meant a fiancé visa,and I just meant will dated photos suffice as proof?
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Photos are good..... just not hundreds of them.

So you are going for the fiance visa (entry to UK to marry within 6 months) and then apply for spouse visa once married in order to remain in the UK?
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Photos are good..... just not hundreds of them.

So you are going for the fiance visa (entry to UK to marry within 6 months) and then apply for spouse visa once married in order to remain in the UK?
Yes.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes.
In which case you are going for a settlement visa: Read the following website carefully:

In addition to the financial requirements you will need to show relationship and accommodation proof. You will need to show your intent of marrying (appointment at registry/church venue, and proof of expenses of wedding - reception, rings etc -)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.