Married an Aussie want to move back

Old Jan 25th 2015, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Married an Aussie want to move back

Another option would be if he had parents/grandparents born or naturalised in a European Union/European Economic Area country or Switzerland he may be able to apply for citizenship and passport of that country and use that basis to live in UK without financial requirements.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Is your husband under 30? If so maybe he would be eligible for the working holiday visa?
Old Jan 25th 2015, 11:28 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
Is your husband under 30? If so maybe he would be eligible for the working holiday visa?
UK doesn't have WHVs, they are currently in Oz and want tomreturn to the UK. The thread IS in the 'moving back to the UK' forum after all.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 11:38 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeks34
Thank you u pretty much said what I had heard but needed it written down, 62,000 bloody crazy, and my job as caseworker would never earn that, so thinking caps on....

Thanks
then there is this ...

Surinder Singh : British Expat Wiki
Old Jan 25th 2015, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
UK doesn't have WHVs, they are currently in Oz and want tomreturn to the UK. The thread IS in the 'moving back to the UK' forum after all.
It's not really called a WHV, but would this not be the same sort of thing?

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/overview
Old Jan 25th 2015, 3:23 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs

however we still have no idea of his age..
Old Jan 25th 2015, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Snotty. I do realise this is the MBTTUK forum, I'm not an imbecile. I know nothing about Australian immigration and wouldn't attempt to advise someone how to move there. Jeez, so much for trying to help out the OP!

This forum is so lovely sometimes.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 4:44 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Snotty. I do realise this is the MBTTUK forum, I'm not an imbecile. I know nothing about Australian immigration and wouldn't attempt to advise someone how to move there. Jeez, so much for trying to help out the OP!

This forum is so lovely sometimes.
lots of info in the two pages of this thread given to the OP, saved them months of research, because its all here from those that know or the wiki linked....LOTS

As for your snark comment to the previous poster - was that necessary, do you feel better now for it?
Old Jan 25th 2015, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by not2old
lots of info in the two pages of this thread given to the OP, saved them months of research, because its all here from those that know or the wiki linked....LOTS

As for your snark comment to the previous poster - was that necessary, do you feel better now for it?
I don't think that there was any need for him to be so nasty to me when I was just trying to help too. Yes other people were very helpful to the OP. It was only mikelincs I was being sarky with. I'm sure he appreciates you sticking up for his rudeness which I was expected to just put up with. I won't bother trying to help anyone else anymore as obviously only immigration experts are welcome and as I used the wrong term for youth mobility scheme I'm rubbish at helping, so I don't want to risk anyone being horrible to me again, it upsets me and obviously if someone is, the one on the receiving end is expected to just suck it up..
Old Jan 25th 2015, 5:01 pm
Dichotomus tinker

post # 24... I understand your comment, it happens to all of us at some point, I also understand that personalities get in the way & as for BE, I have found it just amazing how people come forth to do their best to try to help others. Of course sometimes the information is not always correct - but its a live & learn for all of us.

You're part of BE, so please like the rest of us do continue with your knowledge, information, input & support that you have.... we are a community & one small incident should not throw us off IMO

All the best

Last edited by not2old; Jan 25th 2015 at 5:06 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs

It is the same thing. Youth working visas are reciprocal and the numbers allowed each year are agreed between the relevant countries. The countries can choose what they call their own visas.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Good point. It's a working visa and although it doesn't lead to settlement, I assume he could switch (in country) to a spouse visa using both salaries to meet the spouse financial requirement? As said, he would have to be under age 31.

Last edited by formula; Jan 25th 2015 at 6:22 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 6:20 pm
Dichotomus tinker

If I may add on the 'youth mobility visa' (OZ to UK) posted on another thread

Youth Mobility Visa Ultimate Guide - The Aussie Nomad
Old Jan 25th 2015, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gozit
Another option would be if he had parents/grandparents born or naturalised in a European Union/European Economic Area country or Switzerland he may be able to apply for citizenship and passport of that country and use that basis to live in UK without financial requirements.

We can visit another EEA country for just 30 days and after that we have to be a "qualified person" to live there.

There may not be financial requirements, but there could be financial consequences. Visitors can't have free heathcare or welfare. Some "qualified persons" have to buy health insurance as they aren't allowed to have free healthcare either and only some qualifed persons can have welfare/welfare top ups.

Last edited by formula; Jan 25th 2015 at 7:01 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't think that there was any need for him to be so nasty to me when I was just trying to help too. Yes other people were very helpful to the OP. It was only mikelincs I was being sarky with. I'm sure he appreciates you sticking up for his rudeness which I was expected to just put up with. I won't bother trying to help anyone else anymore as obviously only immigration experts are welcome and as I used the wrong term for youth mobility scheme I'm rubbish at helping, so I don't want to risk anyone being horrible to me again, it upsets me and obviously if someone is, the one on the receiving end is expected to just suck it up..
Why do you care about what people you don't know, think about you? Anyway, you were correct and they were wrong as there is a working visa in the UK for young Aussies. Keep posting.

Last edited by formula; Jan 25th 2015 at 6:55 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.