Marriage Visa

Old Jul 25th 2015, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all
Default Marriage Visa

Good Evening from Retford, UK
I am on a visa which is good till December 22, 2015 but will be going to Toronto, Sept after the Marriage.
1) When my spouse applies for the settlement Visa, would this settlement visa overide/can it override my Marriage visa, or do i need to let this Visa Expire first (Marriage Visa).
Thanks in Advance
Old Jul 25th 2015, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visa

You can apply for the settlement visa as soon as you return to Canada

The marriage visitor visa (you currently have) does not have had to expired.
Old Jul 26th 2015, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Re: the settlement visa - YOU are the applicant, not your spouse; your spouse is the sponsor.

SanDiegogirl is correct; you can only hold one visa at a time, and you do not have to wait until the marriage visitor visa expires. It is automatically cancelled when the spousal visa is issued.
Old Jul 26th 2015, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

Thanks all. great news and lovely people