Marriage settlement visa for my Fiancee

Old Apr 3rd 2017, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

a223chu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marriage settlement visa for my Fiancee

Finally got the visa, here is the timeline:
3-FEB - Documents submission and biometric taken
23-MAR - Phone call for escalation
28-MAR - Being asked to provide further information, provided them by email on same day
1-APR - Email received for completion and ready to pick up
3-APR - visa and documents collected at local visa office

It looks like the visa was granted on 29-MAR, and it took 3 more days after that the email (automated, during weekend) to reach applicant for their pick up.

It took more than 40 working days for the whole process, without fast track and 2 escalation requests.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 2:07 am
Just Joined

Cel08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day!

Hi there i am new to this forum wondering if somebody is experiencing a tortured situation like ours...My fiance is a uk citizen and we just applied here in hk last may 22..the following day i got an email from the home office saying they received my files and will start to look into it..(priority)..as i know or im not sure if its real they said its going to be 10 working days..im expecting last june 6 but theres no email..its june 27 already still waiting and counting..my fiance called the home office twice and they cant give any further details to explain what happened and what is the cause of this delay...and left with uncertain feelings if we are lacking in some evidence or so..it is at some point very frustrating..thanks for reading and have a great day ahead cheers!
Old Jun 27th 2017, 10:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cel08
Good day!

Hi there i am new to this forum wondering if somebody is experiencing a tortured situation like ours...My fiance is a uk citizen and we just applied here in hk last may 22..the following day i got an email from the home office saying they received my files and will start to look into it..(priority)..as i know or im not sure if its real they said its going to be 10 working days..im expecting last june 6 but theres no email..its june 27 already still waiting and counting..my fiance called the home office twice and they cant give any further details to explain what happened and what is the cause of this delay...and left with uncertain feelings if we are lacking in some evidence or so..it is at some point very frustrating..thanks for reading and have a great day ahead cheers!
There is a large backlog at the moment. Processing times are now approximately 12 weeks. Bear in mind that since most people pay for priority processing it doesn't actually speed things more than prevents you from being held up.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement
Old Jun 27th 2017, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

Cel08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There is a large backlog at the moment. Processing times are now approximately 12 weeks. Bear in mind that since most people pay for priority processing it doesn't actually speed things more than prevents you from being held up.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement
Hi BritinParis

Thank so much for ur response..haissst its just so stressful for me here in hk..anyway theres nothing more we can do but to wait..i hope it will get sorted very soon..