Marriage Contract with Different Nationality

Old Jul 17th 2017, 11:23 am
Just Joined

AbuWaleed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Contract with Different Nationality

Hi All,

I am new here and I am stuck I hope you can help.

I am applying for a Visit Visa for my wife (I am a British Citizen) she is Egyptian.

Anyway our marriage contract mentions her other nationality (she is dual national) because we got married 3 years ago when we were resident in another country and she was resident there with her other nationality (Syrian).

Now we are both resident in UAE and she is here as Egyptian.

We can get a new marriage contract done via the Egyptian embassy but this will take forever.

Any advice?

Cheers,

Abu.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Contract with Different Nationality

Why do you think this is a problem?
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Will this situation affect the Visa Process? I know I will need to explain everything in a letter and have a copy of her other passport. Just worried they might think this is a questionable marriage !

I want to go on holiday asap, tired of the heat in Dubai.

Abu.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 6:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

As you say just provide a copy of her Syrian passport and a written explanation. It's not going to be a deal breaker if she is only applying for a visitor visa. Her immigration status in the UAE will be much more important.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Shes resident in UAE with me. We are just going for holidays back home.

Anyways, your help is appreciated.

One day I have to worry about how to go back to the UK and reside there with her. Its a completely different deal.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by AbuWaleed
Shes resident in UAE with me. We are just going for holidays back home.

Anyways, your help is appreciated.

One day I have to worry about how to go back to the UK and reside there with her. Its a completely different deal.
You'll still need to convince the ECO that it is her intention is only to visit so demonstrating your ties to the UAE will be important for a successful application.