Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Accommodation requirement- landlord letter essential he's abroad and not replying

Accommodation requirement- landlord letter essential he's abroad and not replying

Old Jul 7th 2017, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Misha101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accommodation requirement- landlord letter essential he's abroad and not replying

Dear All,

I am applying for a wife settlement visa from Saudi Arabia, and my husband is British.

My husband has been in his present accommodation since May 2015, he wants me to move in after I arrive but the landlord is unavailable for contact for over a month.

We have told letting agency that we require a letter but they can't get in touch and won't issue one without his permission.
They also require me to go through references....
Will these be my employer in Saudi or family or friends in the U.K.?

My appointment at the VFS center is on Thursday July 13th.

We are submitting council tax bill (printout), utility bill electricity, tenancy agreement, information showing apartment plan and photos. Showing size of rooms. He lives in a one bed apt on his own.

Will NOT including a landlord letter jeaopardise my application?
Should I just include in my cover letter that the landlord lives abroad and has not been able to issue a no objection letter or just omit it?

Secondly, do all applications get sent to Sheffield as I read in the threads from Canada and Thailand? I thought they just got sent to the British embassy in Riyadh, that is what happened with my visit visa application last year. I'm asking in case I need to send additional documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Misha101; Jul 7th 2017 at 3:54 pm. Reason: Typos
Old Jul 17th 2017, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

sanddweller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation requirement- landlord letter essential he's abroad and not replying

Originally Posted by Misha101
Dear All,

I am applying for a wife settlement visa from Saudi Arabia, and my husband is British.

My husband has been in his present accommodation since May 2015, he wants me to move in after I arrive but the landlord is unavailable for contact for over a month.

We have told letting agency that we require a letter but they can't get in touch and won't issue one without his permission.
They also require me to go through references....
Will these be my employer in Saudi or family or friends in the U.K.?

My appointment at the VFS center is on Thursday July 13th.

We are submitting council tax bill (printout), utility bill electricity, tenancy agreement, information showing apartment plan and photos. Showing size of rooms. He lives in a one bed apt on his own.

Will NOT including a landlord letter jeaopardise my application?
Should I just include in my cover letter that the landlord lives abroad and has not been able to issue a no objection letter or just omit it?

Secondly, do all applications get sent to Sheffield as I read in the threads from Canada and Thailand? I thought they just got sent to the British embassy in Riyadh, that is what happened with my visit visa application last year. I'm asking in case I need to send additional documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Misha,

I am not too sure about your first question. There have been at least 2 spouse visa applicants from Saudi Arabia on this forum and both mentioned the requirement by UK embassy of a 'Property inspection report' for the property they intend to move in to. And that is why I arranged one for myself too. My application is under process.

About your second question, as far as I understand, the applications from Saudi get looked into and processed in Saudi (thankfully). Otherwise there would be months long wait!

Did you apply priority or standard?