Living apart, spouse visa?

Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living apart, spouse visa?

I don’t think we should get too personal on here but we are so worried about your situation! I presume you have met his parents? Did you feel comfortable with them? I wonder how they feel about their son wishing to remain in his own rented accommodation without you there as his wife?

I agree entirely with you when you say you want to leave much your money in your home country as it is worth more there. You should DEFINITELY not take it all to the UK just in case things don’t work out for you and you decide to go back home.

Apart from obviously wanting to be with your husband, are you happy in your home country. Did you get on well together when he lived there, presumably with you?

It is a lot of money to spend on an application when there is a chance it will be denied, particularly on grounds of not having adequate accommodation.

Some of my questions are a bit personal so please don’t feel you have answer any that make you feel uncomfortable. I am just very concerned.

PS good questions, Angie!

Last edited by michali; Jan 29th 2018 at 12:59 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
.... he is helping with the nsh 500 pounds and the English test .....
That's very generous of him!
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:41 pm
Pre
Forum Regular

Pre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angie_329
OK so you lived together married in your country for a while.. why did he go back to the UK and was it a long time ago or recently? Also what immigration status did you have when you were first in the UK? Visitor/ student? These are all things you may need to clarify in your spouse visa application.

Probably the immigration officer will want to understand that your relationship is still on -going... and you have not both drifted apart.
Hello OK when we met was in the UK 8 years ago I went 2 times there to visit him for around 1 month each time I had a letter for him direct to migration saying I was staying with him. Then he came to live here we got married and we end last march he stay a couple of months here and he went back to the UK in June and I went last September because I was going to Scandinavia to travel cos we were not back together when I arrived at England I said I was just going there traveling and staying at hostel wich I did I didn't stayed with him
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:49 pm
Pre
Forum Regular

Pre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michali
I don’t think we should get too personal on here but we are so worried about your situation! I presume you have met his parents? Did you feel comfortable with them? I wonder how they feel about their son wishing to remain in his own rented accommodation without you there as his wife?

I agree entirely with you when you say you want to leave much your money in your home country as it is worth more there. You should DEFINITELY not take it all to the UK just in case things don’t work out for you and you decide to go back home.

Apart from obviously wanting to be with your husband, are you happy in your home country. Did you get on well together when he lived there, presumably with you?

It is a lot of money to spend on an application when there is a chance it will be denied, particularly on grounds of not having adequate accommodation.

Some of my questions are a bit personal so please don’t feel you have answer any that make you feel uncomfortable. I am just very concerned.

PS good questions, Angie!
Don't worry at all I'm OK answering your questions, yeah I met his family once there and and then last year before I ended this they came to my country to vacations, I'm not sure they are happy 100% with this because when we end up things it was not in good terms, then he returned to the UK in June last June and I arrived I September a few stay in a hostel for 1 month but didn't see his family at all. With the money I have a good chunk here but in there is not worth much so you can have an idea my wages when I work are 400 pound lest say working at reception and I live a good life not super lush but OK, I would like to go there to live i mean I'm not that person that would be super afraid of leaving her own country, we have our ups and downs I mean we can be very very different point of view people. I completely appreciate your concern. 😊
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Don't worry at all I'm OK answering your questions, yeah I met his family once there and and then last year before I ended this they came to my country to vacations, I'm not sure they are happy 100% with this because when we end up things it was not in good terms, then he returned to the UK in June last June and I arrived I September a few stay in a hostel for 1 month but didn't see his family at all. With the money I have a good chunk here but in there is not worth much so you can have an idea my wages when I work are 400 pound lest say working at reception and I live a good life not super lush but OK, I would like to go there to live i mean I'm not that person that would be super afraid of leaving her own country, we have our ups and downs I mean we can be very very different point of view people. I completely appreciate your concern. 😊
The important point is that your husband, who is British, has to sponsor you by earning a minimum of £18,600 per year AND he has to provide six months salary slips and matching bank statements as proof. OR you /he have to have had savings on deposit of £62,000 for a period of six months for you to get the spouse visa. The financial requirements are very strict.

Whether you give his parents address (and they have to write a letter of invitation and provide proof of their ownership or rental) is not the main issue- but your husband needs to be willing to do this application with you and provide his side of the necessary paperwork.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 4:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angie_329
.... OR you /he have to have had savings on deposit of £62,000 for a period of six months ....
£62,500.

Also, you can mix and match income and savings, but the first £16,000 of savings doesn't count, so for example £9,300 (half of the minimum) of income would require savings of £39,750.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 29th 2018 at 4:10 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pulaski;12429870]£62,500.

Thanks for the correction! I did have a doubt the figure I put may not have been quite accurate.