Living apart, spouse visa?

Old Jan 28th 2018, 8:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living apart, spouse visa?

Originally Posted by Pre
Yes well he is renting a shared room at the moment, he says he doesn't think is fair that he pays for a deposit and month rent of place for ourselves and that's why he suggested me renting a hostel for some time but it's very expensive for me I was there last September and paid 500 pounds for 1 month in a hostel, the wages in my country are quite low like 400 per month so its quite difficult for me to save all that the 1.500 for the visa, the plane ticket and plus that I have to go twice to my neighbour country to make the English test and apply. And well he said he would not move with me to his parents house. So I would have to pay for that
I don't understand all this talk of you living in a hostel. You are moving to the UK on a Spouse Visa. Implicit in that is the fact that you are moving to be with your spouse and live as husband and wife.
Yet your husband is living in a shared house with mates, and is suggesting you either live with his parents, orin a hostel.

When you say he doesn't think is fair that he pays for a deposit and month rent of place for ourselves well, thats what married couples do.They get somewhere together, put down a deposit on it and pay rent on it

You are telling us that you have already been to the UK, where he made you pay to stay in a hostel,now you are paying for the visa, flights etc etc etc and when you get to the UK he does not even want to live with you?

If it sounds odd to us it is certainly going to sound odd to the immigration authorities. How on earth do you expect them to believe you are a genuine married couple if he isn't even prepared to rent a place and live with you?
Old Jan 28th 2018, 9:03 pm
Pre
Forum Regular

Pre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I don't understand all this talk of you living in a hostel. You are moving to the UK on a Spouse Visa. Implicit in that is the fact that you are moving to be with your spouse and live as husband and wife.
Yet your husband is living in a shared house with mates, and is suggesting you either live with his parents, orin a hostel.

When you say he doesn't think is fair that he pays for a deposit and month rent of place for ourselves well, thats what married couples do.They get somewhere together, put down a deposit on it and pay rent on it

You are telling us that you have already been to the UK, where he made you pay to stay in a hostel,now you are paying for the visa, flights etc etc etc and when you get to the UK he does not even want to live with you?

If it sounds odd to us it is certainly going to sound odd to the immigration authorities. How on earth do you expect them to believe you are a genuine married couple if he isn't even prepared to rent a place and live with you?
Well first thanks for your answer. This time that I went to the UK we were separated and got together again, so that's why I stayed in a hostel. Now that we are together he just dont want to paid for he deposit and rent all by himself, he says he doesn't have enough money for that, I can pay him back there when I got a job in the UK but not at the moment cos of the wages here I was telling you before. That's why I suggested staying at his parents house in the spare room but then he said that is only a single bed so he was not gonna stay with me there. His parents and him live in the same city BTW. Thanks again Pollyana
Old Jan 28th 2018, 9:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Well first thanks for your answer. This time that I went to the UK we were separated and got together again, so that's why I stayed in a hostel. Now that we are together he just dont want to paid for he deposit and rent all by himself, he says he doesn't have enough money for that, I can pay him back there when I got a job in the UK but not at the moment cos of the wages here I was telling you before. That's why I suggested staying at his parents house in the spare room but then he said that is only a single bed so he was not gonna stay with me there. His parents and him live in the same city BTW. Thanks again Pollyana
I may sound a bit harsh and unfeeling about this, but honestly I'm not I'm just looking at it the way migration officials would, not just in the UK but elsewhere too.
Presumably he is paying rent in this place he is sharing? Why can't he leave there and move into somewhere with you instead? Immigration will expect you to be living as a married couple, and if you aren't, they will be looking for a good explanation. The fact that he is living in the same town as you, but not with you, will not go in your favour - it would look better if he was working 500 miles away and had to live near the job, but in the same town? Not going to go down well I'm afraid.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 9:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I may sound a bit harsh and unfeeling about this, but honestly I'm not I'm just looking at it the way migration officials would, not just in the UK but elsewhere too.
Presumably he is paying rent in this place he is sharing? Why can't he leave there and move into somewhere with you instead? Immigration will expect you to be living as a married couple, and if you aren't, they will be looking for a good explanation. The fact that he is living in the same town as you, but not with you, will not go in your favour - it would look better if he was working 500 miles away and had to live near the job, but in the same town? Not going to go down well I'm afraid.
I agree with every word of this. Married couples live in the same home unless there's a very good reason not to. Simply saying that he doesn't want to spend the money on a place is IMO not going to be a reasonable excuse.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Hello everyone.
I have an important question... Me and my husband are hoping to apply for the spouse visa soon (he is from England and I'm from Latin America) currently he is renting a room in a shared house, he told me that maybe when I arrive there I can stay at his mums house but he cannot stay with me because the room only is a single bed. The other option he told me is that I stay at a hostel for some months until we find a place of our own. My question is can that be a big problem I mean he staying in one place and me in another. I send the question to and adviser but sadly I haven't had any reply. Thanks in advance.
Is his room rental big enough for two?

If not, could he rent somewhere for you both ?

I thought the point of a Spouse visa was living together? How long do you both expect the proposed accomodation to be for?
Old Jan 28th 2018, 10:36 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Yes well he is renting a shared room at the moment, he says he doesn't think is fair that he pays for a deposit and month rent of place for ourselves and that's why he suggested me renting a hostel for some time but it's very expensive for me I was there last September and paid 500 pounds for 1 month in a hostel, the wages in my country are quite low like 400 per month so its quite difficult for me to save all that the 1.500 for the visa, the plane ticket and plus that I have to go twice to my neighbour country to make the English test and apply. And well he said he would not move with me to his parents house. So I would have to pay for that
Wow. If this is true then I feel sorry for you, he sounds like a complete loser, surely you can do better?

Whats not fair about paying a deposit and rent? Doesn't he know being a husband (or boyfriend) means looking after you, taking care of you, especially as you are leaving your country to join him.

Can't quite believe he would make you stay in a hostel when you came last time and pay for all of it too.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to all the other expenses you will also have to pay for a house inspection report.

Also, your in-laws will need to provide a letter saying you can stay there plus proof of their either owning or renting their property.

If that bedroom with the single bed is less than 50 square ft it will not be acceptable.

Account is taken only of rooms with a floor area larger than 50 square feet and rooms of a type used either as a living room or bedroom.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:43 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Well first thanks for your answer. This time that I went to the UK we were separated and got together again, so that's why I stayed in a hostel. Now that we are together he just dont want to paid for he deposit and rent all by himself, he says he doesn't have enough money for that, I can pay him back there when I got a job in the UK ....
Are you have second thoughts yet about whether being married to this guy is a good idea? ..... If not then I would venture to say that you blöödy well should be!
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:21 am
Pre
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Pulaski;12429387]Are you have second thoughts yet about whether being married to this guy is a good idea? ..... If not then I would venture to say that you blöödy well should be![/QUOTE
It's not an easy situation I asked him before to get and advicer but he thinks there is no need to, he is not like a rich guy but I'm not as well.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:22 am
Pre
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
In addition to all the other expenses you will also have to pay for a house inspection report.

Also, your in-laws will need to provide a letter saying you can stay there plus proof of their either owning or renting their property.

If that bedroom with the single bed is less than 50 square ft it will not be acceptable.

Account is taken only of rooms with a floor area larger than 50 square feet and rooms of a type used either as a living room or bedroom.
Thank you very much for this two pieces of information I had no idea about any of that
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:26 am
Pre
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by az2014
Wow. If this is true then I feel sorry for you, he sounds like a complete loser, surely you can do better?

Whats not fair about paying a deposit and rent? Doesn't he know being a husband (or boyfriend) means looking after you, taking care of you, especially as you are leaving your country to join him.

Can't quite believe he would make you stay in a hostel when you came last time and pay for all of it too.
Well dunno what to say like I said he doesn't have a lot of money but yeah I'm the one paying for the whole visa, the plane ticket, the two trips to the neighbour country, he says he will help me with the nsh payment, I told him I wanted a advicer but he thinks there is no need to. I just hope we stay under the same roof
Old Jan 29th 2018, 2:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Well dunno what to say like I said he doesn't have a lot of money but yeah I'm the one paying for the whole visa, the plane ticket, the two trips to the neighbour country, he says he will help me with the nsh payment, I told him I wanted a advicer but he thinks there is no need to. I just hope we stay under the same roof
Why does he want you to move there?
Old Jan 29th 2018, 2:15 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
.... It's not an easy situation I asked him before to get and advicer but he thinks there is no need to, he is not like a rich guy but I'm not as well.
What others have hinted at above, but I will come out and say in plain English: is that what your husband is proposing is not normal, not acceptable, and will sooner or later put you in a very difficult situation - and I would say sooner, rather than later.

Marriage is a partnership, not something that you get billed or invoiced for, everything is shared, income and expenses, assets and liabilities. When my wife came to the UK she didn't have a lot of practical skills that would help her get a job, so the first thing she did, at my insistance, was go to a business college to convert her knowledge and skills into something that would get her a job - in other words, her first impact on our family budget, was a significant expense, while she acquired skills to enable her to get a job. But that was OK, because she was my wife!
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
When you apply for your next visa, Further Leave To Remain(M), you're asked if you've lived with your spouse since arriving on your first visa. If you haven't lived with him for the entire time, you're asked to explain why. You must answer these questions truthfully. I wouldn't think that 'he didn't want to live with his parents but he wanted me to', or 'he didn't think it was fair that he would have to pay another deposit on a rental property' would be viewed very positively by the person assessing your application.

I think you need to be very careful. Your husband is supposed to be financially sponsoring you to live in the UK, yet he's not even prepared to pay a deposit on a rental property so you can live together?

Something's not right..
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:36 am
Pre
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What others have hinted at above, but I will come out and say in plain English: is that what your husband is proposing is not normal, not acceptable, and will sooner or later put you in a very difficult situation - and I would say sooner, rather than later.

Marriage is a partnership, not something that you get billed or invoiced for, everything is shared, income and expenses, assets and liabilities. When my wife came to the UK she didn't have a lot of practical skills that would help her get a job, so the first thing she did, at my insistance, was go to a business college to convert her knowledge and skills into something that would get her a job - in other words, her first impact on our family budget, was a significant expense, while she acquired skills to enable her to get a job. But that was OK, because she was my wife!
Hi yes I completely understand your point of view same as them, I would love to have more support from his side not only financial. I have the feeling if I apply like this they are going to deny me the visa and Im going to lose like 2.000 pounds, at the moment I'm not working here an have some debts so that only makes it more difficult thankfully my mum is helping me with that, and well the other this that his contract is temporary for 1 year so he ask me if I can take a bank statement proof in here of some money I have to apply with my savings but the amount was not enough.

Last edited by Pre; Jan 29th 2018 at 3:42 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.