Link for Appendix 2?

Old Jun 27th 2017, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Link for Appendix 2?

regarding my son's application for registration as british citizen. Do you think he is eligible for british citizen since his mother was a BNO passport holder at the time of his birth (application for british citizenship was under process at the time of his birth). got approved around one month after his birth.
We have submitted the application for registration as british citizen anyway with consultation of an immigration lawyer but since you are expert in these type of cases, I would like your opinion on that.
Best Regards
Old Jun 27th 2017, 10:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Without knowing exactly how your wife became a British citizen I can't comment. What does it say on her certificate of naturalisation/registration as a British citizen? If that was an option for her all along it then why waste time on a Tier 2 visa?
Old Jun 28th 2017, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

She was born in Hong Kong and that's how she got BNO. She got british citizen under British nationality act 1981.
wasting time on tier 2 was a stupid mistake and we suffered/paid a lot for the mistake as family and her as an individual. best not to think about that now, make me angry.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 1:19 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adi16
She was born in Hong Kong and that's how she got BNO. She got british citizen under British nationality act 1981.
wasting time on tier 2 was a stupid mistake and we suffered/paid a lot for the mistake as family and her as an individual. best not to think about that now, make me angry.
Okay, but that's not particularly helpful if you want an answer to your question. Her certificate of naturalisation/registration will include a section number, for instance '6(1)' or '4B'. If you can provide that then I can make an informed comment on your son's citizenship status.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

section 4B
Old Jun 28th 2017, 10:14 pm

Section 4B registration for BN(O)s was introduced on 19 March 2009. This would have given your wife British citizenship by descent. Your wife would have needed to have been registered as a British citizen when your son was born in the UK in order for him to obtain British citizenship at birth automatically. Holding a BN(O) passport would not be sufficient. If he was born before your wife became a British citizen then you would need to apply to the Home Office using Form MN1 to register him as a British citizen under Section 1(3). This would give him British citizenship otherwise than by descent. If you are in the process of doing this then that's the correct procedure to follow.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Thank you BritInParis. This what we have done. I'm so relieved after your message. Thank you so much.

Now kindly advise on my application for settlement. should I submit my application? if yes, should I include him (my son) as my dependent child?
Do my sponsor (wife) need to show financial mean to support both of us? which 22,400.

I'm really sorry for bothering you so much. I really appreciate you help and expert advise.
Best regards
Old Jun 29th 2017, 8:59 pm

Thank you BritInParis. This what we have done. I'm so relieved after your message. Thank you so much.

Now kindly advise on my application for settlement. should I submit my application? if yes, should I include him (my son) as my dependent child?
Do my sponsor (wife) need to show financial mean to support both of us? which 22,400.

I'm really sorry for bothering you so much. I really appreciate you help and expert advise.
Best regards
As I said I would wait until your son is registered as a British citizen and you can provide his British passport number. You won't then need to include him in the financial requirements your wife needs to meet.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

I don't know how long his (my son's) application will take. I dont want to wait that long. financial requirement is not an issue. My wife's annual salary is over 40K.
Kindly advise how fill out the application in order to add him, since he is already in UK.
Regards
Old Jun 30th 2017, 1:27 am

I don't know how long his (my son's) application will take. I dont want to wait that long. financial requirement is not an issue. My wife's annual salary is over 40K.
Kindly advise how fill out the application in order to add him, since he is already in UK.
Regards
Just list him as a dependent and provide his HK passport number. He'll be included in the financial requirements so you'll need show this in Appendix 2.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

He doesn't have a HK passport..... he was born in UK and never left the UK since birth (Feb 2016). He only got UK birth certificate
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 9:46 pm

He doesn't have a HK passport..... he was born in UK and never left the UK since birth (Feb 2016). He only got UK birth certificate
办理护照/旅行证须知
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Bro I'm not looking into getting him a Chinese passport. Hopefully his application for British passport will be successful and he won't need a Chinese passport.

Right now I'm worried how do I mention him in my application. if I put him as my dependent child then I need his passport details which he doesn't have.

If i say I don't have a dependent child then that would be misinformation i think, even though my son is living with his mother (GP in UK) and is technically not dependent on me.

What should I do?
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 8:13 am

Bro I'm not looking into getting him a Chinese passport. Hopefully his application for British passport will be successful and he won't need a Chinese passport.

Right now I'm worried how do I mention him in my application. if I put him as my dependent child then I need his passport details which he doesn't have.

If i say I don't have a dependent child then that would be misinformation i think, even though my son is living with his mother (GP in UK) and is technically not dependent on me.

What should I do?
Either wait until he becomes a British citizen like I suggested or obtain his HKSAR passport.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Okay. Thank you dear.