Lenghty Spousal Visa Application

Old Jan 7th 2018, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Dallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really nice
Default Lenghty Spousal Visa Application

My wife and I are applying to return to the UK from the US. I am a British citizen.

The biometrics was Oct 16th and we expedited what I believe is a straight forward application. Also working with a consultant who helped us to put the package together.

We have called the visa support line a couple of times and escalated the application (again) on December 19th.

Can't figure out why it is taking so long. We have both lived and worked in the UK and my wife also has a NHS #.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated. Does this timing seem normal.

Thanks,

David
Old Jan 7th 2018, 1:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lenghty Spousal Visa Application

Sounds perfectly normal, if you look at the timeline thread you'll see even priority applications have been taking months & months due to the backlog.

Plus according to your previous post you've got a past UK visa refusal? So that may well mean your application isn't straightforward.

But have a look at the timeline thread & the chat thread about the processing delays and hopefully that will reassure you that your application is perfectly normal.

HTH, good luck.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Dallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really niceDallwright is just really nice

I had also considered the previous refusal to be an issue. We may need to change our living arrangements. Currently staying in an extended stay hotel. Nice but expensive for any long haul. Appreciate the support and touch stone to reality.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

It is usually recommended not to go for priority service if you have a previous refusal. Second applications always have additional scrutiny.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 7:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at the current processing times from the United States. Bear in mind that they are working days and include priority applications.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement

Can I also ask: Is your wife Canadian? Which year did you marry?
Old Jan 8th 2018, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the additional information. We married in 1978. Robyn is a US Citizen. We both lived and worked in the UK from 1981 to 1986. I had previously lived in the UK in the early 70s with my parents. Will both had US passport stamps indicating Indefinite Leave to Return. Last year we mistakenly thought that we could get these stamps renewed. Of course this request was refused. I then discovered I could apply for a British passport and after this we reapplied.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

I do have one question. It is my understanding that I need to have a current accommodation booking to support my wife's application. So every couple of weeks I cancel the existing hotel booking and then renew with future dates. Is this necessary?
Old Jan 8th 2018, 1:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dallwright
Thanks for the additional information. We married in 1978. Robyn is a US Citizen. We both lived and worked in the UK from 1981 to 1986. I had previously lived in the UK in the early 70s with my parents. Will both had US passport stamps indicating Indefinite Leave to Return. Last year we mistakenly thought that we could get these stamps renewed. Of course this request was refused. I then discovered I could apply for a British passport and after this we reapplied.
Does Robyn have any entitlement to a Commonwealth passport? Any parents or grandparents born in a Commonwealth country?
Old Jan 8th 2018, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dallwright
I do have one question. It is my understanding that I need to have a current accommodation booking to support my wife's application. So every couple of weeks I cancel the existing hotel booking and then renew with future dates. Is this necessary?
You'll probably need something a little more substantial than a hotel booking to meet the accommodation requirements.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Does Robyn have any entitlement to a Commonwealth passport? Any parents or grandparents born in a Commonwealth country?
Unfortunately No.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Just to let everyone know that we heard back on Wednesday (day 58) and received the good news on Friday regarding the visa approval. We have booked our flights and busy getting ready for the move. What may have helped is a letter from our consultant. She wrote to the visa office ([email protected]) and even though this is a non response email address we heard back the next day.