Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Just applied on line for Spouse visa - where is appendix?

Just applied on line for Spouse visa - where is appendix?

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Just applied on line for Spouse visa - where is appendix?

Hello,
I just completed and payed on line for the Spouse settlement visa for my USC wife. But I cant find the finacial appendix anywhere online? It says completed. I have an appointment for next Monday for Biometrics but it does not tell me anywhere to fill out the appendix 2?

Is it no longer needed?
Or should I fill out the older printed form and include in my supporting docs?
Or is it hidden somewhere online?

In a panic - trying to get this right!!!

Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

nic_in_london is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just applied on line for Spouse visa - where is appendix?

its here

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ent-form-vaf4a

Blimey, this website is awful, unless you are on the forums, no one is going to be submitting a complete application!

Good luck Nigel
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

Originally Posted by nic_in_london
its here

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ent-form-vaf4a

Blimey, this website is awful, unless you are on the forums, no one is going to be submitting a complete application!

Good luck Nigel
Hi Nic,
yeah, thanks - these are the old hand filled out forms. I completed the new online one. But I couldn't find where it tells you to complete the appendix. If it wasn't for these kind of forums I don't think you would know to fill it out. I have the old printed form appendix 2 already complete so I will include this when I send supporting docs.

It took me two hours to fill out the online form. That is with the old printed form next to me already filled out so I wasn't looking up numbers and things. There are loads of drop downs that take ages. A lot of it is repeated information. Only good thing was is that it did work alright. None of the pages locked or anything and I did get confirming emails straight away. But I cant help but think that it has been set up for people to fail.

Thanks again.
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

It does feel like a test, doesn't it? And just to warn people, the online application form is somewhat different in parts from the printed VAF4a that we practice on. Be ready for some changes, such as the applicant's employment information, which we were not prepared for. We filled it in but did not send supporting documents as we did not think they would be needed. Now we are not sure if this will be a reason to refuse us! We will see. Ours takes three months to process so we will not know until mid May at the earliest.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
It does feel like a test, doesn't it? And just to warn people, the online application form is somewhat different in parts from the printed VAF4a that we practice on. Be ready for some changes, such as the applicant's employment information, which we were not prepared for. We filled it in but did not send supporting documents as we did not think they would be needed. Now we are not sure if this will be a reason to refuse us! We will see. Ours takes three months to process so we will not know until mid May at the earliest.
Hi michali,
I hate having other people control mine and my families life in this way. So its a lot of terrible feelings.

The only part asking about employment was if you had worked for gov agencies or military or media.

Why are you saying it will take three months to process? I am hoping to move in three months. And once I get the visa I have a house to sell. I was hoping it would take a month to get it.

Thanks and good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

On our form, it required applicant's employment details and several applicants have been surprised at that. We will see. It does not count towards the financial requirement anyway.

Don't worry about your timeframe. Ours had to be sent to Jamaica for processing and the time given there is three months. Each country has its own timeframe.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

On our form, it required applicant's employment details and several applicants have been surprised at that. We will see. It does not count towards the financial requirement anyway.

Don't worry about your timeframe. Ours had to be sent to Jamaica for processing and the time given there is three months. Each country has its own timeframe.
Interesting. Maybe they changed it again. But the only employment question I had was about working for a gov agency, media and military. Or maybe its a different form depending where you apply from? Who knows. The whole thing is ridiculous. Good luck to you and keep us posted with progress
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

You know what? I am wondering the same thing about location. It makes you wonder! I know the area you are referring to regarding employment with a government agency etc but this was a totally different section. An advisor on a different forum said initially that we should not have filled it in, then he became aware that it was required. I have seen people from different parts of the world ask about it. Very weird! This process could lead to insanity!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Nigel! Will be watching with interest and hoping for a speedy and positive decision for all of you!! Cheers, M
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

nic_in_london is on a distinguished road

I thought it was set up to fail even before the new website. But this new website is appalling. I know that the cost of priority has significantly increased in the last week but it's looking like regular applications are taking a lot longer, there are people who applied (from the states ) early feb and they still haven't heard. So it might be something to consider if you are held to a specific time frame.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

zuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ncoomber
Hello,
I just completed and payed on line for the Spouse settlement visa for my USC wife....
Hello Nigel, I wondered whether you could tell me which selections you made on the Visa4UK website for your USC wife's visa application? I'm struggling to find the "Spouse Visa" application using any combination of the available selections I see. My situation is similar to yours, USC wife and me (UKC) looking to move to the UK from the US.

Kind regards.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk is the page you register with to fill in the online application, selecting settlement - settlement- wife.

The Appendix 2 which you must print out and fill in by hand can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ent-form-vaf4a
Old Apr 8th 2014, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

zuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to beholdzuluswede is a splendid one to behold

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk is the page you register with to fill in the online application, selecting settlement - settlement- wife.
The Appendix 2 which you must print out and fill in by hand can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ent-form-vaf4a
Thanks so much michali. I've been racking my brain cells trying to work out what visa we need. Thanks so much.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zuluswede
Hello Nigel, I wondered whether you could tell me which selections you made on the Visa4UK website for your USC wife's visa application? I'm struggling to find the "Spouse Visa" application using any combination of the available selections I see. My situation is similar to yours, USC wife and me (UKC) looking to move to the UK from the US.

Kind regards.
Hi Zulus,
Yeah - just follow michali links - the online form takes a long time - it took me 2hours and I had all the info at hand. The appendix is much quicker - most of it was just left blank - we are doing the savings route so its only one small section that was filled out.

Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Only two hours? I am sure it took us longer!! I agree if you go the savings route, the appendix is much simpler to complete.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.