Job Advice

Old Feb 9th 2018, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bobjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Advice

how long must I work for an employer before I send my payslips? Because I have only started working for this company as a PA recently. Does it matter how long I have worked for the company?
Old Feb 9th 2018, 11:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Advice

If you're working for a UK employer then you'll need to work for six months before you can apply under Category A.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The document below has been sent to your before. I would suggest you read it carefully to see how one qualifies under the financial requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The document below has been sent to your before. I would suggest you read it carefully to see how one qualifies under the financial requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
I understand thank you but I have been told you have to work for the same employer for at least 12 months. I only started in October.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:41 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobjon
I understand thank you but I have been told you have to work for the same employer for at least 12 months. I only started in October.
Then listen to whoever told you that information, or read the .pdf and find out yourself.

Its not hard to read.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 9:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of a 12 month rule for employment, but BritinParis, SanDiegoGirl and others are our resident gurus that know what they're talking about.

But personally I'd recommend you simply read the document and check the eligibility requirements for yourself rather than relying on somebody else or 'I've been told'. It's easy enough to do and then you'll know for sure.

Tip: if you want good info from the forum experts, you have to give good info and changing your story every time you post doesn't help.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 10th 2018 at 9:07 am.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've never heard of a 12 month rule for employment, but BritinParis, SanDiegoGirl and others are our resident gurus that know what they're talking about.

But personally I'd recommend you simply read the document and check the eligibility requirements for yourself rather than relying on somebody else or 'I've been told'. It's easy enough to do and then you'll know for sure.

Tip: if you want good info from the forum experts, you have to give good info and changing your story every time you post doesn't help.
I'm not changing my story. I am getting advice from a friend that is trying to apply for a spouse visa and are limited in the English language to understand. That's why its different scenarios every time.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

I understand there is no 12-month rule. I was not working before October so would I have to explain why I was not working. I was studying at the time.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not changing my story. I am getting advice for a friend that is trying to apply for a spouse visa and are limited in the English language to understand. That's why its different scenarios every time.
I meant for not form
Old Feb 10th 2018, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I understand there is no 12-month rule. I was not working before October so would I have to explain why I was not working. I was studying at the time.
If you want to qualify under Cat A then you need to have been working for same employer for 6 months minimum.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 3:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not changing my story. I am getting advice from a friend that is trying to apply for a spouse visa and are limited in the English language to understand. That's why its different scenarios every time.
Sorry but you are changing your story. Your last thread on the subject (one week ago) said you'd been in the job since August 2016. http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...advice-908748/

Then in January you said you'd recently become self-employed as a taxi driver after leaving a job you'd only been in for 4 months. http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...a-help-908259/

Makes no difference to me, but you're not going to get the help you need when you're telling people different things about your situation every time.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry but you are changing your story. Your last thread on the subject (one week ago) said you'd been in the job since August 2016. http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...advice-908748/

Then in January you said you'd recently become self-employed as a taxi driver after leaving a job you'd only been in for 4 months. http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...a-help-908259/

Makes no difference to me, but you're not going to get the help you need when you're telling people different things about your situation every time.
Like I said it was advise for other people that I was getting, not myself.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you want to qualify under Cat A then you need to have been working for same employer for 6 months minimum.
I know this may sound obvious but on the form do I just tick cat A or is there a part for salaried or nonsalaried I have to tick?

Also, my 6th-month payslip will be the end of April. do you recommend filling the application before or after my last payslip?
Old Feb 10th 2018, 11:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said it was advise for other people that I was getting, not myself.
Maybe it would help if you actually stated if the advice you're asking people to provide is for you or for someone else, as you always ask in the first person.

For example

I'm working as an education consultant
I'm a self employed taxi driver
I've been working full time from August 2016 till current
I've been working full time since October 2018
I get paid monthly
I get paid on an hourly rate
I'm applying for a spouse visa from Iran
I'm applying for a spouse visa from Istanbul
Can my wife on a spouse visa live with me and my parents, because my parents will be upset if we don't live with them
I live with a family friend, can my wife on a spouse visa live here too

You're also very quick to jump onto threads reporting refusals, questioning posters as to what information they send the Home Office, what information the Home Office requested, what the Home Office said to them etc etc

Attempting to maintain multiple user accounts doesn't help alleviate suspicion as to your purpose either.

Are you aware that BE members are all volunteers, and their time is valuable? As one of these members, I resent those who try to pull the wool over our eyes. If you're giving so many people immigration advice, I suggest that you study for the appropriate qualification, and leave the BE forum to genuine individuals who really need the assistance.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Maybe it would help if you actually stated if the advice you're asking people to provide is for you or for someone else, as you always ask in the first person.

For example

I'm working as an education consultant
I'm a self employed taxi driver
I've been working full time from August 2016 till current
I've been working full time since October 2018
I get paid monthly
I get paid on an hourly rate
I'm applying for a spouse visa from Iran
I'm applying for a spouse visa from Istanbul
Can my wife on a spouse visa live with me and my parents, because my parents will be upset if we don't live with them
I live with a family friend, can my wife on a spouse visa live here too

You're also very quick to jump onto threads reporting refusals, questioning posters as to what information they send the Home Office, what information the Home Office requested, what the Home Office said to them etc etc

Attempting to maintain multiple user accounts doesn't help alleviate suspicion as to your purpose either.

Are you aware that BE members are all volunteers, and their time is valuable? As one of these members, I resent those who try to pull the wool over our eyes. If you're giving so many people immigration advice, I suggest that you study for the appropriate qualification, and leave the BE forum to genuine individuals who really need the assistance.
I think you have got the wrong idea here. All I am trying to do is get advice and contribute that is all. I don't see why you all need to attack me for no valuable reason. Helping people who are limited English where immigration lawyers rip them off and take advantage of is not pulling wool over your eyes. I understand your time is valuable and I appreciate all the information and contribution you make. I'm just trying to help and get help. Sorry if I caused any offense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.