Intended Arrival date

Old Nov 19th 2017, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Biglittleben is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Intended Arrival date

Hi guys!

I am about to start applying online from China and want to apply as early as the system will allow which is 6 months in advance.

The question I have is let's say all goes well and it gets approved, you are issued with a 30 day entry visa in the applicants passport which allows you to go to the UK and then pick up your ID card from the post office.

But I want to apply 6 months in advance, so will the date of indented entry be reflected by this, or will they just send the entry visa with 30 days from the date it was approved?

I'm hoping it will be sent back with the date we intend to leave which could be a couple of months after they approve it. As we hope to have plenty of time to arrange flights and finish my work contract here in China. If we apply nearer the time there could be delays in the processing time and i'd have to leave the country as my visa will expire etc.

so has anyone set their intended date of arrival months in the future and had the Entry visa dated as such even if it was approved and returned quickly?

Cheers Guys

Last edited by Biglittleben; Nov 19th 2017 at 1:39 am.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intended Arrival date

If you are applying for a settlement visa you can only apply three months in advance.

e.g. apply 1st January and put intended date of arrival of around 1st March.

The visa will be issued on the date you specify and you will then have 30 days to enter the UK and 10 days from entry to pick up your BRP.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Biglittleben is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for you message!

On the application website it allows me to choose up to 6 months from today and so I assumed I could apply within that time frame.

What you're suggesting means it is very difficult for anyone who likes to be prepared or organise ahead of time to book flights etc as basically you can only apply 3 months before you intend to leave then wait however long for the passport to return.

That's quite frustrating.

Anyway thanks for your help
Old Nov 19th 2017, 8:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biglittleben
Thanks for you message!

On the application website it allows me to choose up to 6 months from today and so I assumed I could apply within that time frame.

What you're suggesting means it is very difficult for anyone who likes to be prepared or organise ahead of time to book flights etc as basically you can only apply 3 months before you intend to leave then wait however long for the passport to return.

SanDiegogirl has given you the correct information. In the unfortunate event that processing the application goes past the entry date you've nominated, the 30 days to enter starts from the date the visa is issued.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biglittleben
Thanks for you message!

Where are you reading this? If the timescales have changed we need to know about it.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Hi-

I have just started the online application for UK settlement visa and I'm being given the choice of intended travel date up to 6 months from now. I was under the impression that it could only be 3 months in advance. A friend of mine have put their intended date of travel as approximately 4 months in advance and the application has been accepted and they have just been to VFS today and handed all their documents in and done biometrics.

Will her application be rejected once the application gets to Sheffield due to the date being over 3 months past application date?

I'm hoping to travel at the end of April and the online application form is allowing me to put this date in but is this just so you can fill in the application ahead of time before actually submitting it?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 8:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The six month thing has been mentioned previously. It sounds like a recent change, possibly in response to the delays. If it gives you the option to chose a date up to six months in advance and you want to move that far in advance then do so.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Interesting ........
Old Dec 8th 2017, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BritInParis my only concern is that the application may get rejected once it hits the ECO's desk in Sheffield due to it being over the 3 month time scale. Is it possible that it gives you the 6 month window simply to allow the application form to be completed online and then saved until you actually press the 'send application' button once you are within 3 months of your intended date of travel?

SanDiegogirl it is indeed interesting, I would prefer a little official confirmation before I risk it though.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Invisible
Hi BritInParis my only concern is that the application may get rejected once it hits the ECO's desk in Sheffield due to it being over the 3 month time scale. Is it possible that it gives you the 6 month window simply to allow the application form to be completed online and then saved until you actually press the 'send application' button once you are within 3 months of your intended date of travel?

SanDiegogirl it is indeed interesting, I would prefer a little official confirmation before I risk it though.
What does the question actually ask you? If it is asking for a definitive travel date then the fact that it is accepting up to 6 months in the future, implies that one can now apply up to 6 months hence.

Unfortunately I cannot find any hardcopy evidence that this rule has changed - and we don't have access to the online form.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi-

It is on the first page of the application, it gives you a drop down calendar style box which allows you to select the date up to 6 months ahead.
Attached Thumbnails Intended Arrival date-capture_li.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Looking at it now though this page is before you have chosen your visa class, could it be because Tier 5 visas can be applied for up to 6 months in advance and this is why the date selection allows you to go this far ahead?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Invisible
Looking at it now though this page is before you have chosen your visa class, could it be because Tier 5 visas can be applied for up to 6 months in advance and this is why the date selection allows you to go this far ahead?
Mmmmm...... so, if you continue with your application, when you input a settlement visa, I wonder if it will require you to change your date?

Care to try and let us know?

It could be as you say, different visa have different "when can I apply" dates, and this drop down box has always allowed you to choose up to 6 months -
but it is dependent on your visa application.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi SDG It does not require you to change the date once the visa type is selected. As I mentioned earlier someone I know completed the online form and submitted it last week, they had their biometrics taken today at the local VFS office and the signed form and supporting documents were all scanned to Sheffield by VFS. Their intended travel date was down as 4 months from now.

Perhaps it will get declined when the ECO looks at it in Sheffield though as it's not really the job of VFS staff to refuse an application they just process the paperwork as far as I'm aware?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You won't be refused for simply choosing an inappropriate arrival date. Worst case scenario is that the vignette will be dated for 30 days validity from the date of issue rather than the date specified. I would suggest however that if the system permits you to do so then that is correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.