INFORMATION ON VISA

Old Sep 29th 2014, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

ERIC DUHAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default INFORMATION ON VISA

My problem is the following...My partner is a Sri Lankan national, qualified engineer with several years experience in the middle east and holding a masters degree from Reading University in the UK. I am an Irish writer and artist living and working in France. My partner and I are together for over four years and he has his residents permit here in France. As he is an English speaker and has been studying French with some success for a few years now his level leaves him in difficulty with French employers. Also his expertise is in Quantity Surveying which is not a job easily defined in France. He has suggested that he should try to find work with a UK company where his level of French would be less of an obstacle. Can he,
1. Go to the UK to search for employment?
2. If so how long may he stay without a permit?
3. Am I required to also go to the UK?
4. If he finds a job how long does it take to get his papers?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: INFORMATION ON VISA

Sri Lankans require a visa to even visit the UK.

One way for him to obtain permission to live and work in the UK, is that YOU, the EU citizen would need to show that you are exercising your right of work and movement within the EU by re-locating to the UK and applying for an EU family permit for him.

Alternatively he could get the visitor visa, and while in the UK research and apply for jobs. However any prospective company would then need to sponsor him for a work visa.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Sep 29th 2014 at 6:17 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

He has a resident permit for France and under EU law is entitled to the same rights as I am since we are a family, civil union.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The UK is not part of the Schengen area and therefore requires an EEA family permit for non EU citizens resident in the Schengen area to travel to the UK

The permit is free of charge.

EU – Travel documents for non-EU family members – Your Europe
Old Sep 30th 2014, 7:28 am
Just Joined

PERFECT INFORMATION CLEAR AND PRECISE;;;THANK YOU;;