If the UK left the EU...

Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If the UK left the EU...

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
You are wrong in your argument.

London crime has generally fallen across most types over the past 10+ years.
I doubt there are many in the UK who actually believe that... and this may explain why.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-figures.html

and if you can't believe the Mail... here's the BBC version

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25022680

Last edited by TheCreature; Nov 21st 2013 at 6:23 am.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:25 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

You are wrong in your argument.
Absolutely not wrong, my argument stands - feel free to go on the attack then, you haven't thought it through sunshine.

London crime has generally fallen across most types over the past 10+ years.
Well to some extend it has gone down as you put it.... (but crime is still there always will be and most of them are attacks done by NONE CITIZENS - but i wouldn't trust wikipedia to get my information from.... you trust the figures eh? ok

You said:
- so you are saying that "most" of them are coming here to fleece the UK.
You damn right i said that, i don't deny it at all, at least i can have a clear discussion with Rebecca but you seem soo deluded that you think it's ok? and they won't fleece the UK? come on man or girl wake up, you can honestly sit there and say that's not there MAIN intention ?

You seem to be saying that the Romanians and Bulgarians are people who will offer nothing but criminality.
Whilst I am sure there will be some criminals (as there are in any group of people) I haven't seen anything to say that their criminality will be excessive.
Seem? no not really most will come here and just 'doss' around but others will resort to criminality.. as you 'put it' and won't abide by our way of life rules/laws Remember when you visit a country 'Respect the land you are in' they simply won't and you know it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-expire.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-benefits.html

Open your eyes son.

And before you even think i might be racist 'think again' i welcome foreigners all around the world to visit our great country (as long as they respect the law and want to better them selfs) that is perfectly fine.

You keep chirping-on about the Page Hall Roma - why don't you tell us what the problem is.
Tell us? or do you mean 'TELL YOU' ? you clearly haven't been known to current events? how can you sit there and act like 'there isn't a problem' ? go on youtube go on daily mail go on bcc hell here is the links

and you tell me 'what is the problem'

PAGE HELL? HALL...

THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY PEOPLE look at it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-migrants.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24949347
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...bomb-here.html

This is what happens when you have a soft government/leader and open your borders... but remember what i said i don't mind people from other countries actually i welcome it (just needs to be checks and control)- cant let anyone in AT ALL... it's just that simple...

Your argument lacks facts and erroneously extrapolates from small incidents to the whole.
no it doesn't, it always starts of small then big you know how it goes... so look at my post and tell me am i wrong (again...)

Pointless to argue with you i think.

Take alook at this...

That is Scotland all that done by 'roma' so you dare tell me 'what is the problem'

Only by leaving political union can we control OUR borders. Vote ukip - Remember my fellow British... this is your county your land do something about it for once don't be scared to have a 'voice' Unless you want to see your home town turned into something else.

Also the 3 main Political Parties have completely failed us, 40 years ago it was the Common Market, for Trade only, not to allow Millions of Migrants into our small country. Now it is the Federal state of Europe and we have now lost our freedom to make our own Laws so i will vote UKIP to change this... this the united kingdom not the united europe...

WE DON'T WANT THAT FLAG
WE WILL NEVER USE EURO MONEY
WE DON'T NEED THE EU LAW
WE DON'T NEED MORE 'EUROPEANS' - NO ROOM
WE WANT OUT OF THE EU

It's that simple.... it's just David Cameron is a Traitor he supports/backs EU more then THE UK

What we need is out of EU but still be allowed to 'Trade' - simple

@ Rebecca

From your last post i totally understand but remember we're in the same boat it's not like our other half's are criminals - remember what i said long as they abide by the way of life and laws - no problem

About time someone on here spoke out.... Anyone else want a go ?

Last edited by Vexcore; Nov 21st 2013 at 8:15 am. Reason: UKIP
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
About time someone on here spoke out.... Anyone else want a go ?
Most of us know better than to react and keep feeding such an obviously piss poor troll.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:31 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Most of us know better than to react and keep feeding such an obviously piss poor troll.
Feed him? nah. least i got my word out so EVERYONE CAN SEE how it really is.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 3:39 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature
I doubt there are many in the UK who actually believe that... and this may explain why.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-figures.html

and if you can't believe the Mail... here's the BBC version

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25022680
I never read the Mail - it's xenophobic junk.

The BBC article has some Police saying the numbers are manipulated down, another one suggests not using Police data and using the Crime Survey of England and Wales as it is more reliable.

The Crime Survey says total crime down 5% from last year.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC article has some Police saying the numbers are manipulated down, another one suggests not using Police data and using the Crime Survey of England and Wales as it is more reliable.

So we have figures that say, in some areas, crime is down 50% from 1995... that's despite an increased population, a recent reduction in police numbers and the longest and deepest recession the UK has seen in God knows how long. Sorry, but that doesn't stack up.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:37 am
Looking Around~

So we have figures that say, in some areas, crime is down 50% from 1995... that's despite an increased population, a recent reduction in police numbers and the longest and deepest recession the UK has seen in God knows how long. Sorry, but that doesn't stack up.
@TheCreature,

Wouldn't waste ya time man wouldn't waste ya time.... as someone called him before

'piss poor troll'
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 2:18 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

And before you even think i might be racist 'think again' i welcome foreigners all around the world to visit our great country (as long as they respect the law and want to better them selfs) that is perfectly fine.
Not sure I understand your statement here, Vexcore. Most EU/EEA citizens who visit the UK and decide to stay ARE actually obeying the law. As was said before, it's a small minority who are the "bad apples" breaking UK laws. Most are quite definitely trying to 'better themselves' (your words) by doing the dirty and difficult jobs that many Brits turn their noses up at.

When we left the UK for a move overseas a few years back, it was an all-Polish crew (including the foreman) who did an amazingly efficient job of packing up our belongings. They also dragged our washing machine out to our car so we could haul it to the recycling centre, even though that wasn't part of their job. Somehow I think a British crew would not have been so fast and so helpful.

This is what happens when you have a soft government/leader and open your borders... but remember what i said i don't mind people from other countries actually i welcome it (just needs to be checks and control)- cant let anyone in AT ALL... it's just that simple...
The EU borders were opened long ago, not by any leaders we have today. And the UK has certainly benefitted from open EU borders, becoming a world-class finance "hub" partly because of it. You really want to dismantle all the business, tech, police, and finance interconnections that have been in place for decades?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20448450

Does the UK really want to leave the EU trade bloc? Slightly over half of all UK exports go to EU countries (--see the link above). For non-EU countries, the EU trade barriers are high--if we left the EU, there goes ALL that business. We would be total outsiders and forced to sell our services and products elsewhere--good luck these days with that, with most nations agressively protecting their internal markets!

Leaving the EU will gut the UK of all that makes it "great", and leave it weaker & struggling on so many fronts. But I guess that's fine with you, as long as EU citizens stop pouring in to do the jobs Brits don't want to do...

Last edited by WEBlue; Nov 22nd 2013 at 2:23 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 12:40 am
Looking Around~

@ We Blue,

Fully understand you. but tell me this... why cant we just leave EU and still be allowed to trade? if USA can survive on its own why cant the so called 'great Britain' we don't need it... yes its helped us in the past but in 2005 it was terrible now come 2014 it will be worse... this is our country our land why the hell should be listen to the EU Parliament people? as nigel farrage once said...

'Who the hell do they think they are?'

Remember i don't mind them coming here to 'better them self's but most of them will not.

Just take a good look at my previous post... i do make some valid points.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WEBlue
as long as EU citizens stop pouring in to do the jobs Brits don't want to do...
Why do people insist on posting that dumb line?

It's bullshit. It's always been bullshit. What is it that makes people think that 'Brits are lazy'... apart from themselves of course?
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

thedisappeared is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the UK really want to leave the EU trade bloc? Slightly over half of all UK exports go to EU countries (--see the link above). For non-EU countries, the EU trade barriers are high--if we left the EU, there goes ALL that business. We would be total outsiders and forced to sell our services and products elsewhere--good luck these days with that, with most nations agressively protecting their internal markets!

Leaving the EU will gut the UK of all that makes it "great", and leave it weaker & struggling on so many fronts. But I guess that's fine with you, as long as EU citizens stop pouring in to do the jobs Brits don't want to do...
If the UK became an EEA member only then from my understanding it would make little if any difference both trade and free movement wise.

If the UK also left the EEA and joined EFTA like Switzerland then according to the EC "Tariffs on Swiss manufactures are generally low, and in principle there are no quantitative restrictions, anti-dumping, countervailing or safeguard actions."

Whether you agree on restricting immigration or not if you look under Free Movement: Switzerland then Switzerland can and has set quotas on EU-8 member countries until 31 May 2016.

It is interesting to note how the debate has changed from joining the Euro to leaving the EU. The former seems almost a distant memory but as far as the roadmap of Europe is concerned it is hard to see how they do not become inextricably linked at some point.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 3:49 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/...ivals-uk.htm#1

The Slovakian you keep mentioning is an example (not that it readily jumps out from the web), but you seem to extrapolate this example to be indicative of the group as a whole ("most of them"). There are examples of Chinese nationals who have been criminals in the UK, should we extrapolate that to "most of them are criminals" and say your wife shouldn't be allowed in?

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...rom_abroad.htm

Lots of Daily Fail articles use inference and other techniques to make it look like the situation is a crisis and most johnny foreigners want to rape our white women <insert scare of the week here>. In reality most EU immigrants will be like most UK citizens except they had the get-up-and-go to try and live in a foreign country,
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 3:56 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Noone with even half abrain would read the Daily Fail, as you its just junk, take 5% facts and then create some shock horror headline.
Crime rates have been dropping for years now.

Old Nov 23rd 2013, 3:59 pm
Banned

Not sure I understand your statement here, Vexcore. Most EU/EEA citizens who visit the UK and decide to stay ARE actually obeying the law. As was said before, it's a small minority who are the "bad apples" breaking UK laws. Most are quite definitely trying to 'better themselves' (your words) by doing the dirty and difficult jobs that many Brits turn their noses up at.

When we left the UK for a move overseas a few years back, it was an all-Polish crew (including the foreman) who did an amazingly efficient job of packing up our belongings. They also dragged our washing machine out to our car so we could haul it to the recycling centre, even though that wasn't part of their job. Somehow I think a British crew would not have been so fast and so helpful.

The EU borders were opened long ago, not by any leaders we have today. And the UK has certainly benefitted from open EU borders, becoming a world-class finance "hub" partly because of it. You really want to dismantle all the business, tech, police, and finance interconnections that have been in place for decades?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20448450

There was a story just the other day and it reported that immigrants contributed MUCH more than they took. That doesnt suit some sectors of the media or groups like UKIP.
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 4:07 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Why do people insist on posting that dumb line?

It's bullshit. It's always been bullshit. What is it that makes people think that 'Brits are lazy'... apart from themselves of course?
Of course, any generalisation is flawed (it's always possible to find exceptions).

However, regarding the idea that Brits who are on the dole are "lazy", I think the problem is more to do with expectations of standard of living - the pay isn't worth getting out of bed for, so to speak.

When one reads the evidence about typical wages in many eastern European countries, it becomes clearer why an eastern European may take a low-paying job when the employer can't persuade British people to apply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.