If the UK left the EU...

Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all
Default Re: If the UK left the EU...

Originally Posted by hotscot
Thanks Gagain...A very considered and informative reply.

I've read various incendiary articles across various press and I'm trying to get a feel as to whether it's hysterical ranting or a genuine growing problem.
Hysterical for the most part, yes. Ignore them. And good luck.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 11:01 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
Do you even realize how many disconnected ideas are in that rant?

Have you read the UKIP "platform". I put the link up for you yesterday. I bet you haven't even looked at. That you have no idea what they even stand for.

Read their policy on social housing. No one to be given a house unless their PARENT or GRANDPARENT was born in the UK. Hello? Read it again. The policy doesn't say UNLESS YOUR PARENT OR GRANDPARENT is a citizen of the UK. It says BORN. So people who come here, work and pay taxes - their children can NEVER use social housing? What kind of screwball idea is this?

Oh and good for you and that "get a job and earn my way" nonsense. Plenty of immigrants earn their way. Stop pontificating about your boot-strappiness because (despite how it makes you feel) it doesn't really make you better than others. It just makes you look silly for being willing to swallow your government putting the screws to you. Your rights aren't going to be preserved by you knuckling down and "earning your way". All you end up with is a reputation as a really good peasant.
political debate? i hope not...

Im well aware of the policy im just making a statement.... not an idea, have you see his videos? don't you think he is interesting? like i said 'AGREE OR DISAGREE' ? you never told me,

ok tell me this

What you make of foreigners claiming and bleeding our system which was 'DESIGNED' for British citizens not outsiders? - Don't get me wrong or make judgments i like EU but don't want to be a part of it.... im sure many will agree as i said... but just take a look at Nigel farage he is pure gold a real rarity the man just speaks the truth... he has the balls to tell the E.U.union what British people think of them unlike spineless David twattington cameron.

Nigel Farrage is definitely up for the job & I for one will be supporting him & I hope he's going to do something about the fascist racist criminal state

Don't blame me for defending my country it doesn't make me silly at all.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 1:33 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
political debate? i hope not...

Im well aware of the policy im just making a statement.... not an idea, have you see his videos? don't you think he is interesting? like i said 'AGREE OR DISAGREE' ? you never told me,

ok tell me this

What you make of foreigners claiming and bleeding our system which was 'DESIGNED' for British citizens not outsiders? - Don't get me wrong or make judgments i like EU but don't want to be a part of it.... im sure many will agree as i said... but just take a look at Nigel farage he is pure gold a real rarity the man just speaks the truth... he has the balls to tell the E.U.union what British people think of them unlike spineless David twattington cameron.

Nigel Farrage is definitely up for the job & I for one will be supporting him & I hope he's going to do something about the fascist racist criminal state

Don't blame me for defending my country it doesn't make me silly at all.
I've seen Mr. Farage on newsreels. I find it most interesting to watch politicians when they are being questioned vs. prepared video. I don't find him to be "pure gold" at all. He is a populist and likes to prey on fear. I liken him to Sarah Palin and the Tea Party scare-mongers. Really, I do. I see what that particular group of politicians has done to my country (the US). I would prefer this not happen in the UK.

I feel as if I need to explain why I challenge you (and others) on this issue. It is not my intention to be rude or aggressive and for that I apologize. I guess that due to being old enough to remember the civil rights movement in the US, I'm touchy when it comes to matters of targeting groups of people. I live below the Mason-Dixon line in the US and am surrounded by modern day racists, including my own Father. And I'm married to an immigrant to the US - and while he is lily white we have still felt the sting of intrusion into our life when business or state agencies intrude beyond the scope of the law into my husband's legal presence in my country.

I believe Mr. Farage and his like promote closet racism. They split and divide, rather than promote social cohesion. But while he is the apex example of "them vs. us", he is not alone in the political sphere. Whitehall and Westminster aren't exactly doing their job either. They choose to blame immigration for the UK's economic woes.

Because I live here in the US with an immigrant husband, and because the US has systems in place that check a person for their legal status, I am100%convinced that the current legislation passing through Parliament regarding landlords and NHS usage cannot work. How can it without an identity system for every person in the country? Are people going to be asked about their status based upon their color or the sound of their voice? Is that right?

These are things I think about when it comes to immigration. Whichever way a person is moving.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 1:49 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

No way i'm going to start a debate with you i was just making a statement this isn't a political forum now.... you attacked me and (others who wish to defend there country?) this is how it looked..

But i get your point my wife is Chinese... we're all in the same boat here i just want whats best for the UK best for the British people i hate foreigners who don't work don't accept our British ways messy and mostly criminals... who come here to mess our system bleed us dry get benefits and just don't do anything for the country... UK needs to wake up David Cameron needs out and Nigel needs some type of voice to defend us

Lets put it this way

I, like the EU but what i don't like is... OUR COUNTRY paying child benefit to people who dont live in the UK, or they come here (pretend to work) claim all the social benefits and bring there kids along for the ride... example Slovakia woman in UK 7 kids lovely house NEVER PAID into the system? we don't need people like this on our land.

its just that simple you don't contribute to our society then get out or be deported by force (that's what we need) and i am SURE A LOT OF people here will agree) not all foreigners are bad but most of them are from low poverty area's who come here for a laugh/ride and fleece our system which was designed for us not outsiders.

Relax, i see your point though.

Just can you see my point? im sure you agree with some of it....

Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2013, 2:06 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Vexcore, where I would agree with you is abuse of the benefit system. However, I believe that is exaggerated in the media. And I believe any parts of it that are legitimate should be handled through changes in the benefit system and not by broad-brushing groups of immigrants.

Criminality? That's a different matter and again should be handled through law - not by targeting immigrants. Did you by any chance watch the Parliamentary "debate" the night Theresa May put her family rules through Parliament? And have you read the Statement of Intent for those rules? I'm not asking either of those questions as a presumptive challenge. I'm asking because the Statement of Intent, and the subsequent debate that night, were tied together with Article 8 as it relates to criminality. Much of the Statement of Intent addresses criminals and any legal abuse which has occurred due to EU family rights. And May targeted her talking points (in Parliament the night she introduced her rules) around that same abuse. Effectively the MP's were "had" and only the staunchest believers of human rights for all could vote "nay" without putting their political necks on the line. By tying together immigrant criminality in with familial relationships, May was able to shove her rules through on secondary legislation.

I respect your right to defend your country and government. In doing that, I would urge you to think deeply about what your government does. That is what I try to do here in the US and what I would wish for every citizen of every free country who has even the smallest voice in their democracy.

Last edited by rebeccajo; Nov 19th 2013 at 2:11 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 2:23 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I am interested in the scenario where Scotland leaves the Rest Uk after the 2014 Referendum and the Rest UK then votes to leave the EU !
Scotland separates & joins the EU with the UK leaving the EU.... now that would be so funny & unlikely on both counts IMO.

Are folks still being reassured that Scotland will separate - last poll trend says they will stay with Alex the man a gonna before the vote or shortly thereafter the 'NO'

Scot, will you be voting a YES?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

City of London and its bankers are all for leaving the EU. Why ? Because Brussels wants to introduce control of how much money they can rob from the rest of us !
Old Nov 20th 2013, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Scotland separates & joins the EU with the UK leaving the EU.... now that would be so funny & unlikely on both counts IMO.
Are folks still being reassured that Scotland will separate - last poll trend says they will stay with Alex the man a gonna before the vote or shortly thereafter the 'NO'
I wonder what will then happen to Northern Ireland?
Will the SDLP take control and Irish reunification becomes a reality?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:06 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

No way i'm going to start a debate with you i was just making a statement this isn't a political forum now.... you attacked me and (others who wish to defend there country?) this is how it looked..

But i get your point my wife is Chinese... we're all in the same boat here i just want whats best for the UK best for the British people i hate foreigners who don't work don't accept our British ways messy and mostly criminals... who come here to mess our system bleed us dry get benefits and just don't do anything for the country... UK needs to wake up David Cameron needs out and Nigel needs some type of voice to defend us

Lets put it this way

I, like the EU but what i don't like is... OUR COUNTRY paying child benefit to people who dont live in the UK, or they come here (pretend to work) claim all the social benefits and bring there kids along for the ride... example Slovakia woman in UK 7 kids lovely house NEVER PAID into the system? we don't need people like this on our land.

its just that simple you don't contribute to our society then get out or be deported by force (that's what we need) and i am SURE A LOT OF people here will agree) not all foreigners are bad but most of them are from low poverty area's who come here for a laugh/ride and fleece our system which was designed for us not outsiders.

Relax, i see your point though.

Just can you see my point? im sure you agree with some of it....

Thanks
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/...ivals-uk.htm#1

Who qualifies for Child Benefit?

To get Child Benefit you'll normally need to:
•be physically present in the UK - together with your child
•be 'ordinarily resident' in the UK - so your main home is here
•have a 'right to reside' in the UK
•be responsible for the child who's living with you
The Slovakian you keep mentioning is an example (not that it readily jumps out from the web), but you seem to extrapolate this example to be indicative of the group as a whole ("most of them"). There are examples of Chinese nationals who have been criminals in the UK, should we extrapolate that to "most of them are criminals" and say your wife shouldn't be allowed in?

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan...rom_abroad.htm

In practice, even if you come from one of these countries, you won't automatically get benefits. For example, if you’re an EEA jobseeker who has never worked in the UK, you won't be able to claim benefits like Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's allowance, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction. But if you're an EEA worker who has been employed in the UK before becoming unemployed, you might be able to claim benefits whilst you’re looking for new work. This depends on which EEA country you're from and how long you've worked in the UK.
Lots of Daily Fail articles use inference and other techniques to make it look like the situation is a crisis and most johnny foreigners want to rape our white women <insert scare of the week here>. In reality most EU immigrants will be like most UK citizens except they had the get-up-and-go to try and live in a foreign country,
Old Nov 20th 2013, 12:20 pm
Looking Around~

@Cape Blue

Doesn't matter what you find on the officials sites, The fact of the matter is.... there are PEOPLE claiming and they don't live in the UK the system is a farce and the sooner we can get NON CITIZENS off it the better

my wife? yes shes Chinese but she isn't from Taiwan or hong kong shes from the PRC, criminals everywhere but im saying though ANYONE from EU can come to UK regardless of they have any criminal record or not... crime rate has risen in London since we had polish arriving so whats next that the Romanian and Bulgaria got to offer? nothing at all, except chaos and disrespect to our land and law,

you wait n see by jan 2014 if we cannot stop it just wait n see most crime these days that happens in UK are done by a NONE CITIZEN

I think most british agree with me what im about to say

WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE
WE DONT KNOW THEM
THIS IS OUR COUNTRY/LAND
AND WE DONT WANT IN EU

Call me stupid for defending the country i was born in but like i say do i need to fear for my family back home when the bulgs come here? you just take a look at 'PAGE HALL ROMA' and you tell me what you think of it?

Tell me am i wrong in my argument? or am i right? (Remember what i said) NOT ALL FOREIGNERS are bad before you make quick judgments.

Last edited by Vexcore; Nov 20th 2013 at 12:22 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 1:43 pm
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by holly_1948
I wonder what will then happen to Northern Ireland?
Will the SDLP take control and Irish reunification becomes a reality?
Well, since there is no referendum scheduled for NI, probably nothing anytime soon.

I think there will be a united Ireland someday. But I don't think it's coming anytime soon.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 1:48 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
Well, since there is no referendum scheduled for NI, probably nothing anytime soon.

I think there will be a united Ireland someday. But I don't think it's coming anytime soon.
Maybe in 40 years or when we're all dead lol
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
As an interested party currently living in California.

Is it true that?

1. Decisions on immigration policy are often issued from the EU for the UK to follow, regardless of the UK's best interests?
2. Has their been massive influx of East Europeans and particularly poor ones into the UK?

I've been reading about Roma and Muslim enclaves and I'm trying to cut through the noise.

Massive current/future problem or not?
My take on it. Whilst I agree with most posters interpretation of Daily Mail articles, you have to remember that it has one of the highest, if not the highest, circulation and readership in the UK. In other words a helluva lot of people read these articles and have some empathy with them. Now take the recent comments by two leading politicians, Blunkett and Straw, who, rather belatedly, have raised issues about immigration and integration and in particular, in Blunketts case, the concerns regarding integration in Sheffield between the Roma and Pakistani communities and what you have is a simmering undercurrent of resentment that could ignite with the even the smallest incident of confrontation. Anyone who thinks the Page Hall, Sheffield unrest is an isolated incident is sadly deluding themselves. This underbelly of antipathy is replicated throughout many communities within the UK.

Will it become more serious or will it fade into yesterdays news stories? Who knows. What I do know is that it doesn't take much to spark things off, nor does it take much for other communities to join in regardless of whether they have any connection with the original incident.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 10:38 pm
WhiteRabbit

@Cape Blue

Doesn't matter what you find on the officials sites, The fact of the matter is.... there are PEOPLE claiming and they don't live in the UK the system is a farce and the sooner we can get NON CITIZENS off it the better

my wife? yes shes Chinese but she isn't from Taiwan or hong kong shes from the PRC, criminals everywhere but im saying though ANYONE from EU can come to UK regardless of they have any criminal record or not... crime rate has risen in London since we had polish arriving so whats next that the Romanian and Bulgaria got to offer? nothing at all, except chaos and disrespect to our land and law,

you wait n see by jan 2014 if we cannot stop it just wait n see most crime these days that happens in UK are done by a NONE CITIZEN

WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE
WE DONT KNOW THEM
THIS IS OUR COUNTRY/LAND
AND WE DONT WANT IN EU

Call me stupid for defending the country i was born in but like i say do i need to fear for my family back home when the bulgs come here? you just take a look at 'PAGE HALL ROMA' and you tell me what you think of it?

Tell me am i wrong in my argument? or am i right? (Remember what i said) NOT ALL FOREIGNERS are bad before you make quick judgments.
I've been thinking about this all day.

I'm married to a "foreigner" - in my country.

Whenever I get over there - I'll be a "foreigner" over there. My husband will be married to a "foreigner".

For years now, I've read immigration forums and watched people debate policy. Vexcore, you aren't the first person I've read - who is married to a "foreigner" - who has similar views to yours. And for all those years, I have felt this same way............

I just can't make myself go there. I can't marry a "foreigner" and feel the way you do. I could never say that stuff in front of my husband. I would be crushed if he said that stuff to me.

It literally makes my heart ache.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:09 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

@Cape Blue

WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE
WE DONT KNOW THEM
THIS IS OUR COUNTRY/LAND
AND WE DONT WANT IN EU

You are wrong in your argument.

London crime has generally fallen across most types over the past 10+ years.

You said:
not all foreigners are bad but most of them are from low poverty area's who come here for a laugh/ride and fleece our system
- so you are saying that "most" of them are coming here to fleece the UK.

You seem to be saying that the Romanians and Bulgarians are people who will offer nothing but criminality.
so whats next that the Romanian and Bulgaria got to offer? nothing at all, except chaos and disrespect to our land and law,
Whilst I am sure there will be some criminals (as there are in any group of people) I haven't seen anything to say that their criminality will be excessive.
most crime these days that happens in UK are done by a NONE CITIZEN
You keep chirping-on about the Page Hall Roma - why don't you tell us what the problem is.

Your argument lacks facts and erroneously extrapolates from small incidents to the whole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.