If the UK left the EU...

Old Nov 18th 2013, 12:10 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If the UK left the EU...

Originally Posted by holly_1948
It may or may not be the case that EU citizens have excessive human rights in Britain.

But it is most assuredly the case that British citizens have insufficient humans rights in Britain. More and more like a police state with each passing decade.
True to some extent... but anyone from EU from brags about the UK law being racist or 'i have my rights' and they get let go in the end...... the UK justice system is a laughing stock and criminals all from EU know about this... we are the softest country ever thanks to the cowards in our government afraid to speak out.. or they come to the UK with 10 kids and have a big lovely house and not work or paid anything into the system

- which was a recent case of a Slovakian woman with 7 kids living in London claiming all the benefits you can think of... and not paid a 'penny' into our system.

all because we are a part of the LOVELY EU.... so tell me am i wrong?
Old Nov 18th 2013, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

So VexCore I assume you will NOT be using the Surrinder Singh route to bring your spouse in to the country? You believe that the government is fully within its rights to place whatever restrictions it likes on its citizens and limit their right to marry who they wish etc.? (although as others have pointed out leaving the EU woudl not change our involvement in freedom of movement nor in the ECHR)

On a second point of logic - if it's the EU rules which cause the UK system to be a "laughing stock" and "too weak" how come they don't do the same to all of the other countries in the EU?
Old Nov 18th 2013, 11:12 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
So VexCore I assume you will NOT be using the Surrinder Singh route to bring your spouse in to the country? You believe that the government is fully within its rights to place whatever restrictions it likes on its citizens and limit their right to marry who they wish etc.? (although as others have pointed out leaving the EU woudl not change our involvement in freedom of movement nor in the ECHR)

On a second point of logic - if it's the EU rules which cause the UK system to be a "laughing stock" and "too weak" how come they don't do the same to all of the other countries in the EU?
SS route? don't think i will rather get a job and earn my way... SS route seems like a pain in the ass to me.... Money and time....

Well the UK is soft as 'fk' if you know what i mean fella... c'mon open ya eyes.... the UK is REALLY SOFT, do you agree with NONE CITIZENS USING OUR BENEFITS SYSTEMS?

As for UKIP, well Nigel Farage is the best thing for this country (i think so) and if you disagree you are either stupid (not calling you stupid though) lol or gaining due to the liblabcon system. If you vote labour you advocate the dissimulation of the native peoples of the UK and that is a fact. Left wingers are more dangerous than any facist or neonazi party and whats more they are hypocrites with groups like hope not hate and UAF they are everything they say they are against. Enemy's on the left and right yet here is a man who sticks to his guns and speaks his god damn mind.... (just watch his videos on youtube he is a amazing... i would pay money to see him take on cameron.

Agree or Disagree?

Vote UKIP.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

As an interested party currently living in California.

Is it true that?

1. Decisions on immigration policy are often issued from the EU for the UK to follow, regardless of the UK's best interests?
2. Has their been massive influx of East Europeans and particularly poor ones into the UK?

I've been reading about Roma and Muslim enclaves and I'm trying to cut through the noise.

Massive current/future problem or not?
Old Nov 18th 2013, 4:41 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
SS route? don't think i will rather get a job and earn my way... SS route seems like a pain in the ass to me.... Money and time....

Well the UK is soft as 'fk' if you know what i mean fella... c'mon open ya eyes.... the UK is REALLY SOFT, do you agree with NONE CITIZENS USING OUR BENEFITS SYSTEMS?

As for UKIP, well Nigel Farage is the best thing for this country (i think so) and if you disagree you are either stupid (not calling you stupid though) lol or gaining due to the liblabcon system. If you vote labour you advocate the dissimulation of the native peoples of the UK and that is a fact. Left wingers are more dangerous than any facist or neonazi party and whats more they are hypocrites with groups like hope not hate and UAF they are everything they say they are against. Enemy's on the left and right yet here is a man who sticks to his guns and speaks his god damn mind.... (just watch his videos on youtube he is a amazing... i would pay money to see him take on cameron.

Agree or Disagree?

Vote UKIP.
Do you even realize how many disconnected ideas are in that rant?

Have you read the UKIP "platform". I put the link up for you yesterday. I bet you haven't even looked at. That you have no idea what they even stand for.

Read their policy on social housing. No one to be given a house unless their PARENT or GRANDPARENT was born in the UK. Hello? Read it again. The policy doesn't say UNLESS YOUR PARENT OR GRANDPARENT is a citizen of the UK. It says BORN. So people who come here, work and pay taxes - their children can NEVER use social housing? What kind of screwball idea is this?

Oh and good for you and that "get a job and earn my way" nonsense. Plenty of immigrants earn their way. Stop pontificating about your boot-strappiness because (despite how it makes you feel) it doesn't really make you better than others. It just makes you look silly for being willing to swallow your government putting the screws to you. Your rights aren't going to be preserved by you knuckling down and "earning your way". All you end up with is a reputation as a really good peasant.

Last edited by rebeccajo; Nov 18th 2013 at 4:46 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 4:45 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
As an interested party currently living in California.

Is it true that?

1. Decisions on immigration policy are often issued from the EU for the UK to follow, regardless of the UK's best interests?
2. Has their been massive influx of East Europeans and particularly poor ones into the UK?

I've been reading about Roma and Muslim enclaves and I'm trying to cut through the noise.

Massive current/future problem or not?
Immigration policy is not foised on countries by the EU. Free movement is something different and it is something Britain and other countries DESIRED and WANTED when the EEA was formed.

Yes there has been an influx of Eastern Europeans to the UK. Some congregate in certain areas. That's usually how immigration works. At the turn of the 20th century in the US, the ghettos were full of Irish, Italians, and Germans.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's the historical reasoning but a someone considering a move back. Is it a problem?
Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:15 pm
WhiteRabbit

Yes that's the historical reasoning but a someone considering a move back. Is it a problem?
Define "problem".
Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

I think it may well depend on where you're returning to. There are areas dominated by ethnic minorities. But, I have lived in an area where some neighbours were integrated & adopted a western lifestyle. Some were doctors, businessmen & one who was a BBC reporter for the local TV station.

When I visit England, I stay in what, to me, is a very white part of the UK, as opposed to Greater Manchester where I lived & worked for almost 40 years, the city of Chester.

In my visit last May, I met up with my aunties, a cousin & his wife. They were all critical of the EU, the HRA & all these east European immigrants. They were going to vote UKIP at the next election.

I saw no gangs of east European origin (even if I knew what their origin was) & the only Poles I've met are a hardworking married couple who work on a dairy farm & the father of my Mum's 2 great, great grandchildren, who, I'm told, is a very hardworking young man. It's official; my family is brainwashed!

So, the answer is, research where you intend going.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You need a definition of the word 'problem'?

For example has the rate of immigration from poorer Europeans into the UK over the past decade enhanced or diminished the quality of life in the UK depending on which areas they've settled?

(And by the way you may not be aware that writing in ALL CAPS is considered shouting and therefore rude.)
Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Gagain...A very considered and informative reply.

I've read various incendiary articles across various press and I'm trying to get a feel as to whether it's hysterical ranting or a genuine growing problem.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 6:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gagain...A very considered and informative reply.

I've read various incendiary articles across various press and I'm trying to get a feel as to whether it's hysterical ranting or a genuine growing problem.
Hysterical ranting for the most part. There is a small minority causing problems, as you would find in any sample group of people, but proportionally it's minuscule. The facts simply don't bear it out most of the claims that are being made. Ignore the Daily Mail and its ilk and you'll be fine.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:20 pm
WhiteRabbit

You need a definition of the word 'problem'?

For example has the rate of immigration from poorer Europeans into the UK over the past decade enhanced or diminished the quality of life in the UK depending on which areas they've settled?

(And by the way you may not be aware that writing in ALL CAPS is considered shouting and therefore rude.)
I used caps for emphasis on certain words. Not the entire post.

Yes, I did ask for a definition of "problem". I don't see anything wrong with that. For some people, it's a problem living next door to anyone who isn't white. I chose not to assume that of you by inquiring further.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

thedisappeared is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I understand Surinder Singh is possible from Switzerland which is neither an EU or EEA member but still in EFTA. What their population have instead is a rather (too) democratic cantonal voting system that does not seem to be compatible with EU/EEA membership
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedisappeared
From what I understand Surinder Singh is possible from Switzerland which is neither an EU or EEA member but still in EFTA. What their population have instead is a rather (too) democratic cantonal voting system that does not seem to be compatible with EU/EEA membership
Switzerland is also part of Schengen but it's their long standing position of neutrality that prevents further integration into the EEA/EU.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.