IELTS cert & Passport in maiden name

Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

TimeToApply is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS cert & Passport in maiden name

Hello everyone, a new member here and it's my TimeToApply! My first post so go easy on me please I hope someone has some experience and can clear something up for me?

15.09.17 My wife and I married.
28.09.17 My wife passed her IELTS exam using her international passport with her maiden name (she is ukrainian).

Is her IELTS certificate valid considering it's in her maiden name? We're basically concerned that her passport wasn't "valid" as of 16.09.17 because she took my surname.

I've already learned so much from this forum, the regulars here show incredible dedication and I look forward to speaking to some of you!
Thanks in advance.
TimeToApply
Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS cert & Passport in maiden name

Your wife doesn't have to take your surname. Has she changed her passport to her married name?
Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi BritInParis!
We understand that, but she wants to and our marriage certificate also reflects this decision so we can't go back on that.
She hasn't changed her international passport yet but has just applied for her new Ukrainian passport which we were required to do so before applying for her international passport. The international passport is used for the visa application.
What was your thinking then?
Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimeToApply
Hi BritInParis!
We understand that, but she wants to and our marriage certificate also reflects this decision so we can't go back on that.
She hasn't changed her international passport yet but has just applied for her new Ukrainian passport which we were required to do so before applying for her international passport. The international passport is used for the visa application.
What was your thinking then?
I can't see it being a problem. Just provide both her current passport and her new passport when she gets it.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Thank you!
Old Dec 5th 2017, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi BIP and to anyone else who can help, hope you see this...
My wife's applied for her new passport using my surname, as previously mentioned, only to find out that they do not return the old one. They don't cut the corners off and return them in Ukraine like they do for us! So we photocopied it before applying and got it notarised. The required docs obviously state previous passports must be included, but we had no choice.

Have you heard of this before in other countries? Can the ECO use this as an excuse to refuse our application?

Thanks in advance!!
Old Dec 5th 2017, 10:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimeToApply
Hi BIP and to anyone else who can help, hope you see this...
My wife's applied for her new passport using my surname, as previously mentioned, only to find out that they do not return the old one. They don't cut the corners off and return them in Ukraine like they do for us! So we photocopied it before applying and got it notarised. The required docs obviously state previous passports must be included, but we had no choice.

Have you heard of this before in other countries? Can the ECO use this as an excuse to refuse our application?

Thanks in advance!!
You can't provide what you don't have. There's a blank page in the application form for any further information you wish to be considered, you can explain the situation there. ps good thinking to get the old passport copied and notarised.