I am back! I missed all of you :-)

Old Oct 12th 2013, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am back! I missed all of you :-)

Hello everyone!

I have not been here forever! This is Milan. I am sure all of you remember

I have been an American for 2 years now . Well, actually on 10/20/13 will be 2 years. However, I am making a big decision about moving to THE UK :-)

I am still holding my European Union Passport as well as my American. Any Brits could share with me what type of permits, NIN application , etc.. I will need? I know I am posting in wrong category but I also wanted to say I am back :-) and this category was the one where I was almost 24/7 my previous username was milan79 I believe.

Milan.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 5:54 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am back! I missed all of you :-)

Whats an EU Passport?

If you mean you are a citizen of a European Union country, then you don't need a visa certainly. What do you mean by a permit?

This is not a topic for the US forum - should be in 'Moving Back To The UK'
Old Oct 12th 2013, 6:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
.... If you mean you are a citizen of a European Union country, then you don't need a visa certainly. What do you mean by a permit? ....
Trailing non-EU spouses of citizens of an EU country need a "permit" to work in the country where they move to (within the EU) with their EU spouse. E.g. if I relocated to Germany I can just show up and start working, but Mrs P, who is only a USC, would require a permit before she would be allowed to work. It's tied up with the Surinder Singh cräp.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 12th 2013 at 6:10 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 6:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pulaski.

Defiatly beyond the remit of us in the US forum!
Old Oct 12th 2013, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adjudicator89
Hello everyone!

I have not been here forever! This is Milan. I am sure all of you remember

I have been an American for 2 years now . Well, actually on 10/20/13 will be 2 years. However, I am making a big decision about moving to THE UK :-)

I am still holding my European Union Passport as well as my American. Any Brits could share with me what type of permits, NIN application , etc.. I will need? I know I am posting in wrong category but I also wanted to say I am back :-) and this category was the one where I was almost 24/7 my previous username was milan79 I believe.

Milan.
If YOU are an EU citizen (holding a passport of one of the countries in the EU) then you don't need a permit/visa to enter the UK.

The NI application etc needs to be done once you are in the UK by visiting your nearest Social Security/Benefits office.

If you have any other people also moving with you they, unless are also EU citizens, will need permits/visas.