I’m British, wife American options and thoughts!

Old Feb 27th 2018, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Hopeful_immigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I’m British, wife American options and thoughts!

So my wife and I are considering moving back to the U.K. to be closer to my family. After reading the requirements it’s seems pretty straight forward but as far as the income requirements will a accepted job offer with an agreed salary above the £18,600 be acceptable?

I want to do everything legal and above board. But can we visit the U.K. and just stay and apply from there or do we face being deported?

Finally, can my mother and father sponsor my wife financially?
Old Feb 27th 2018, 12:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I’m British, wife American options and thoughts!

1. If you are currently earning £18,600 (~$26,000) or more and you have a job offer in the UK starting within three months of your proposed return paying £18,600 or more then you can meet the financial requirements through salaried employment under Category A.

2. Your wife cannot apply for a spouse visa from within the UK as a visitor. She will need to make her application from the US.

3. Your parents cannot sponsor your wife. Your parents can gift you money to meet the financial requirements through cash savings (£62,500) under Category D but it must be a gift and there cannot be any expectation of repayment.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Hopeful_immigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, thank you for explaining!
Old Feb 27th 2018, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hopeful_immigrant
So my wife and I are considering moving back to the U.K. to be closer to my family.
Your wife can try and open an UK bank account with HSBC in the US before leaving for the UK.

https://www.us.hsbc.com/international-banking/#opening