British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   How to send original Documents securely to and from UK? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/how-send-original-documents-securely-uk-909793/)

rayboy Feb 28th 2018 5:19 am

How to send original Documents securely to and from UK?

Hi I am applying to register as a British Citizen by UK mother and have to send all my original documents to UKVI in Liverpool UK.

I can send them over Aust post but do not have a secure way to have them sent back. Any suggestions please?

Cheers Ray

WRUSSELL Feb 28th 2018 6:07 am

Re: How to send original Documents securely to and from UK?

International courier.

Dorothy Feb 28th 2018 6:16 am

Originally Posted by rayboy (Post 12452453)
Hi I am applying to register as a British Citizen by UK mother and have to send all my original documents to UKVI in Liverpool UK.

I can send them over Aust post but do not have a secure way to have them sent back. Any suggestions please?

Cheers Ray

Try posting in the moving back section. This area is for people wanting visas to live in Australia

rayboy Feb 28th 2018 8:23 pm

Thank you I have approached 2 overseas couriers both deliver overseas but do not return. Any suggestions to a particular service would be appreciated.

Jerseygirl Mar 1st 2018 1:45 am

Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to our UK citizenship/Visas Forum. I’m sure the regulars of this forum will do their best to help you.

Auswifey Mar 1st 2018 6:25 am

Originally Posted by rayboy (Post 12453123)
Thank you I have approached 2 overseas couriers both deliver overseas but do not return. Any suggestions to a particular service would be appreciated.

I have the same issue at the moment, trying to figure out how’s to get a prepaid service to send my documents back to Sydney.
I’m am so stuck!!

prospect Mar 1st 2018 9:53 pm

My husband got ROA from Australia last year and his brother got his first British passport. Both of them paid for it to be couriered as part of their applications (the ROA was done thru Melbourne using VFS) - both packages came back with DHL. Not sure if this is relevant but thought I'd add it in case it is - VHS certainly seem to have changed a few things since we did them back at the end of 2017.

Auswifey Mar 2nd 2018 1:01 am

Originally Posted by prospect (Post 12453976)
My husband got ROA from Australia last year and his brother got his first British passport. Both of them paid for it to be couriered as part of their applications (the ROA was done thru Melbourne using VFS) - both packages came back with DHL. Not sure if this is relevant but thought I'd add it in case it is - VHS certainly seem to have changed a few things since we did them back at the end of 2017.

It’s different now, you have to organise your own prepaid envelope and enclose it with your supporting docs to Sheffield.
I’ve tried Aus post and international couriers that don’t have prepaid satchels for the Uk to send back to Aus.
I’ve just sent my docs to my in laws in the Uk to forward onto Sheffield with a prepaid satchel enclosed purchased in the Uk and sent back to them when the visa office is done. I couldn’t find any other way to get them back to me!
So stressful!!

rayboy Mar 2nd 2018 2:48 am

Yes I don't know why they cannot offer secure return postage even for an extra charge.

I rang my son this morning in London and he is going to the UK Post Office to get a satchel to send to me to enclose with my Original Docs. But I have to get them in by the 6th April as they changing it so you have to send your Biometrics with your application.

Auswifey Mar 2nd 2018 2:55 am

Originally Posted by rayboy (Post 12454132)
Yes I don't know why they cannot offer secure return postage even for an extra charge.

I rang my son this morning in London and he is going to the UK Post Office to get a satchel to send to me to enclose with my Original Docs. But I have to get them in by the 6th April as they changing it so you have to send your Biometrics with your application.

Oh right so they are changing it even more! Hopefully you get your satchel in time. I just sent my docs express to the Uk so it should only take 4 days then a couple of days from my in laws to Sheffield. I did my biometrics yesterday. Fingers crossed all goes well after they receive the docs next week.

Goodluck!!

rayboy Mar 2nd 2018 5:31 am

How did you make the appointment as I registered on the VFS site but when I tried to log in all I get is a message "email and password not matched" so I do not know what is going on? I even tried to ring VFS Sydney and was told that they could not answer my call and I had to make all enquiries to UK website.

Auswifey Mar 2nd 2018 9:55 am

Originally Posted by rayboy (Post 12454166)
How did you make the appointment as I registered on the VFS site but when I tried to log in all I get is a message "email and password not matched" so I do not know what is going on? I even tried to ring VFS Sydney and was told that they could not answer my call and I had to make all enquiries to UK website.

Where are you applying from in Aus?
Have you completed your online application yet?

rayboy Mar 2nd 2018 9:04 pm

There is no online application to "register as a British Subject UK Mother" I guess there are so many different categories and circumstances and every application is different so I will apply directly to UK and hope all is well.

Thank you everyone who has taken the time to answer this thread best wishes to you all and have a great day!! :-)

Cheers Ray