Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

How do i approach companies for a job offer for a spouse visa :)

How do i approach companies for a job offer for a spouse visa :)

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Lovesfrogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do i approach companies for a job offer for a spouse visa :)

Hello .new on here and a little help required if possible
I am a British citizen and have been living outside the UK for 5 years. I have a work visa in NZ and since arriving here I have fallen in love with and married a New Zealander. We have decided we want to come live in the UK so I can be closer to my parents.
Having talked with an advisor they suggested the spouse route to be the best. As we don't have the $62,000 in saving g we will have to apply with me having a job offer. We both plan to come over together so I need to find a place to work that is willing to 'wait' while the visa process happens. What I would like help with is how do I approach companies with my situation, can anyone here give me some ideas and suggestions. I am worried if I put a cover letter with a cv explaining they will be put off straight away.
Thank-you for taking the time to read this
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: How do i approach companies for a job offer for a spouse visa :)

Originally Posted by Lovesfrogs
I am a British citizen and have been living outside the UK for 5 years. I have a work visa in NZ and since arriving here I have fallen in love with and married a New Zealander. We have decided we want to come live in the UK so I can be closer to my parents.
Having talked with an advisor they suggested the spouse route to be the best. As we don't have the $62,000 in saving g we will have to apply with me having a job offer. We both plan to come over together so I need to find a place to work that is willing to 'wait' while the visa process happens. What I would like help with is how do I approach companies with my situation, can anyone here give me some ideas and suggestions. I am worried if I put a cover letter with a cv explaining they will be put off straight away.
Hi there and welcome.

I have moved your message over into our UK forum.

The Welcome Inn is more for intro and you have asked quite a specific question which the good people of the UK forum would be better placed to help you with.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw your post and no replies, so I thought I'd help out.

Assuming you are already married and in a relationship akin to a marriage for at least two years, then You (British Sponsor) need to come to the UK first and obtain work earning the equivalent of £18,600+ per year over six months before your wife can apply for a UK Spouse Visa.

You will need at least 6 months of matching pay slips and bank statements showing the same receipt into your bank account, to the penny, in order to support your wife's application.

Alternatively, apply via the savings route (£62,500), but as you mentioned, you don't have it.

If there's anything else to add, or correct, I'm sure one of our daily regulars will be along to comment.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Thank you
This question has just been moved here. Got some great response but think they got lost when it moved over maybe?
All groovy and happy with how to progress to the me t stage.
Many thanks for answering
Old Sep 29th 2017, 7:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MonsterP
Just saw your post and no replies, so I thought I'd help out.

Assuming you are already married and in a relationship akin to a marriage for at least two years, then You (British Sponsor) need to come to the UK first and obtain work earning the equivalent of £18,600+ per year over six months before your wife can apply for a UK Spouse Visa.

You will need at least 6 months of matching pay slips and bank statements showing the same receipt into your bank account, to the penny, in order to support your wife's application.

Alternatively, apply via the savings route (£62,500), but as you mentioned, you don't have it.

If there's anything else to add, or correct, I'm sure one of our daily regulars will be along to comment.
Not really correct, if the Brit Citizen is currently in a job earning over the £18,600 a year and has a job in the UK starting within 3 months of arrival then they can apply for the spouse visa from their current country and, once granted, move over together, no requirement for the UK payslips, but the job offer MUST be a genuine one on the firms headed paper, this will be checked.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:43 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a duplicate topic.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=9700350
Old Sep 29th 2017, 1:41 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by az2014
that is a dead link
Old Sep 29th 2017, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by az2014
It was moved, that is most likely why!
Old Sep 29th 2017, 7:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It was moved, that is most likely why!
Nope, it's because you've linked to your search rather than the thread - searches can't be linked to.

HTH
Old Sep 29th 2017, 10:28 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nope, it's because you've linked to your search rather than the thread - searches can't be linked to.

HTH
Sorry its http://britishexpats.com/forum/movin...e-visa-903699/
Maybe merge them?
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Not really correct, if the Brit Citizen is currently in a job earning over the £18,600 a year and has a job in the UK starting within 3 months of arrival then they can apply for the spouse visa from their current country and, once granted, move over together, no requirement for the UK payslips, but the job offer MUST be a genuine one on the firms headed paper, this will be checked.
Thanks mikelincs