House Sold - UK Visa Approved - UK Here We Finally Come!

Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice
Default House Sold - UK Visa Approved - UK Here We Finally Come!

Finally our house is SOLD.

Hubby sumitted his Application for the Spouse Visa last week Thursday and this morning (Wednesday) the courier has returned the file and his SA passport with the UK Entry Clearnace stamp stamped inside it.

Under Type: It says "VISA Settlement Spouse/CP (KOL REQ)....(then my name)..then my hubbys name.

what does that actually mean?

Under Number of Dependants: It says "0"

however, we have two children which we told them about, they have dual citizenship: SA and British.

My name has been written in, in pen next to Number of dependants like this:

Spouse: ....(my name).....

Is this normal?

Audrey
Old Sep 1st 2010, 3:10 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Sold - UK Visa Approved - UK Here We Finally Come!

Congratulations on the house sale and fast Visa.
No idea about that part we are all Brit/US citizens here.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AudsFrmSA
Finally our house is SOLD.

Hubby sumitted his Application for the Spouse Visa last week Thursday and this morning (Wednesday) the courier has returned the file and his SA passport with the UK Entry Clearnace stamp stamped inside it.

Under Type: It says "VISA Settlement Spouse/CP (KOL REQ)....(then my name)..then my hubbys name.

what does that actually mean?

Under Number of Dependants: It says "0"

however, we have two children which we told them about, they have dual citizenship: SA and British.

My name has been written in, in pen next to Number of dependants like this:

Spouse: ....(my name).....

Is this normal?

Audrey
Audry, well done....can you not phone the Consulate and ask them? even try the immagration in SA they should have some clue about letting you leave SA on certain visa's....good luck...and try not to stress too much....the hard bit has "done"....try and enjoy these next few weeks/months
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
Audry, well done....can you not phone the Consulate and ask them? even try the immagration in SA they should have some clue about letting you leave SA on certain visa's....good luck...and try not to stress too much....the hard bit has "done"....try and enjoy these next few weeks/months
Thanks brits1, can you believe it's taken this long?

I couldn't bear to phone Home Affairs in SA, they are useless! I think I'll wait 'till we get to the UK and find out from someone there.

Are you back in the UK (haven't been on the boards for a while)? If so, are you enjoying life back there?

We are trying to get organised to be out of here beg. October, so it's all a mad-rush at the moment, and then once we're that side, it'll be rushing around looking for work!

Audrey
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:26 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AudsFrmSA
Under Type: It says "VISA Settlement Spouse/CP (KOL REQ)....(then my name)..then my hubbys name. what does that actually mean?
Hi Audrey, and congratulations on the upcoming move!

I can't answer your other questions about the Visa, but the KOL REQ means that in order for your husband to get ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain, i.e., "permanent" residency), he will - at some point before his Visa expires - have to take and pass the Life in the UK exam. Once he does that, he can then apply for ILR.

I just took (and passed) the exam myself. The official study guide was very, very helpful, as well as the online practice tests.

It was not an easy test!!!!!! Most Brits can't even pass it.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

melliset has a brilliant futuremelliset has a brilliant futuremelliset has a brilliant futuremelliset has a brilliant futuremelliset has a brilliant futuremelliset has a brilliant future

Congratulations for your house sold. Sorry but no idea about this thing.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:15 am
Just Joined

KarlR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DDL
Hi Audrey, and congratulations on the upcoming move!

I can't answer your other questions about the Visa, but the KOL REQ means that in order for your husband to get ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain, i.e., "permanent" residency), he will - at some point before his Visa expires - have to take and pass the Life in the UK exam. Once he does that, he can then apply for ILR.

I just took (and passed) the exam myself. The official study guide was very, very helpful, as well as the online practice tests.

It was not an easy test!!!!!! Most Brits can't even pass it.
DDL, maybe you can clear something up for me. If you already have the KOL passed before you apply for entry clearance and have lived outside UK more than 4 years don't you automatically gain ILR thus saving a few hundred pounds in application fee's?

Audrey - I'm delighted for you! sorry for making you think there was a post that could be helpful by making this thread bold again