British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Home Office visa delays 'inhumane' (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/home-office-visa-delays-inhumane-904108/)

j4v3d Oct 3rd 2017 9:12 pm

Home Office visa delays 'inhumane'

Have a read of this article people - I didn't want it to be buried within comments on another thread - so yeah have a read and let us know what you think.

Home Office visa delays 'inhumane' - BBC News

az2014 Oct 4th 2017 1:14 am

Re: Home Office visa delays 'inhumane'

If it reduces immigration like the article implies then it's a good thing.

ryongsong Oct 4th 2017 3:02 am

Originally Posted by az2014 (Post 12353141)

It seems odd to believe that pursuing policy goals through poor service is a good idea. Should we reduce the number of cars on the road by making DVLA as inefficient and generally badly run as UKVI? Or perhaps we could reduce benefit claims by losing more case files or just making people wait months and months for payments.

Developed countries ought to be able to make decisions on these things within a prescribed timeline.

spouse of scouse Oct 4th 2017 12:32 pm

What are you doing on a site set up for immigrants, if you're against immigration :confused:

poida Oct 4th 2017 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by ryongsong (Post 12353160)
Or perhaps we could reduce benefit claims by losing more case files or just making people wait months and months for payments.

They are trying that too!

What is universal credit - and what's the problem? - BBC News

"However, a quarter of all claimants have had to wait more than six weeks to receive their first payment of universal credit because of errors and problems evidencing claims."

j4v3d Oct 4th 2017 1:29 pm

:confused::confused::confused:

MonsterP Oct 4th 2017 8:10 pm

I think the article is a bit "bitty" and seems to refer mainly to ILR applicants, particularly as it's referring to "economic migrants", which, certainly those of us here, maybe 100%, are spouse visa applicants & sponsors, certainly not for economic reasons.

However, it does appear that some heat is really starting to be generated now and the HO is under an ever-brightening spot light.

My Wife's application was very straight-forward, and we're at 76 days now. Waiting for a meeting with the local MP to escalate, fingers crossed.

Dorothy Oct 4th 2017 10:04 pm

76 days. I wish. My partner and I have been waiting for nearly 15 months for our Canadian spouse visa. 76 days would be a blessing for us.

Pollyana Oct 5th 2017 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12353847)
76 days. I wish. My partner and I have been waiting for nearly 15 months for our Canadian spouse visa. 76 days would be a blessing for us.

Many Spouse Visa applicants for Australia now wait 12- 15 MONTHS for theirvisas. As you say, 76 days is a luxury.

j4v3d Oct 5th 2017 10:13 am

Hearing about how many days have been waiting are really shocking.