Home after 11 years.

Old May 22nd 2012, 6:19 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Home after 11 years.

I thought it was time to let you all know how things are going with us after our move to England.
Firstly Australia is a beautiful place and can offer many a great life, the same of course applies to this country. I have been told I obviously hate Australia and amazing that I must have been 'very unhappy' there LOL.
We arrived back around 1 month ago and almost immediately felt at home. We havent seen the piles of dog poo and rubbish we were warned we would see. People seem to be happy, helpful and cheerful in complete contrast to the miserable depressed people we were again told we would encounter everywhere.
This country has many problems as does the country we left behind and I am not blind to them in either place.
We have found most thinghs to be at least comparable price wise with most food being cheaper/much cheaper.
Originally we had planned on living in the Somerset area until we discovered Herefordshire totally by chance, we wanted a quiet, village life and that life is still easy to achieve.
Our 2 10 year old boys love being here and from speaking to them the only thing they miss are their friends. We asked them what they miss and they reeled off their friends names, when pushed they said there wasnt anything else they missed. To be fair they arent sporty kids and like their friends spend most of the their time indoors.
We have seen an incredible amount of wildlife since being here, as we are all animal lovers that has been fantastic.
Overall it has been a very good move FOR US, that doesnt mean that living in Australia is bad for everyone or indeed living in the UK is good for everyone.
We have so far only had 2 people ask why the hell we have come back. LOL.
Old May 22nd 2012, 3:02 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home after 11 years.

Old May 22nd 2012, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I thought it was time to let you all know how things are going with us after our move to England.
Firstly Australia is a beautiful place and can offer many a great life, the same of course applies to this country. I have been told I obviously hate Australia and amazing that I must have been 'very unhappy' there LOL.
We arrived back around 1 month ago and almost immediately felt at home. We havent seen the piles of dog poo and rubbish we were warned we would see. People seem to be happy, helpful and cheerful in complete contrast to the miserable depressed people we were again told we would encounter everywhere.
This country has many problems as does the country we left behind and I am not blind to them in either place.
We have found most thinghs to be at least comparable price wise with most food being cheaper/much cheaper.
Originally we had planned on living in the Somerset area until we discovered Herefordshire totally by chance, we wanted a quiet, village life and that life is still easy to achieve.
Our 2 10 year old boys love being here and from speaking to them the only thing they miss are their friends. We asked them what they miss and they reeled off their friends names, when pushed they said there wasnt anything else they missed. To be fair they arent sporty kids and like their friends spend most of the their time indoors.
We have seen an incredible amount of wildlife since being here, as we are all animal lovers that has been fantastic.
Overall it has been a very good move FOR US, that doesnt mean that living in Australia is bad for everyone or indeed living in the UK is good for everyone.
Same for us really, we never hated Aus (Perth) it just never truly felt like home etc....we are still having a good look around areas to see where we want to finally live...we keep "tripping on" places we have not known before and go "now we could live here" lol...I am sure your sons will soon make friends try not to worry so much in that regard, children are very versatile. The wildlife we have found (I use to think I would really miss Pelicans and etc etc)but we have such wonderful birds etc here as well. All the best wishes.
Old May 22nd 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

I wish you good luck for the future.
Old May 22nd 2012, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Awww, I'm so jealous Sounds like the family is settling in nicely. Congrats on the move
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you've definitely chosen a lovely part of the country! I think my DH would be happy to live in Hay on Wye (then I really would never get him out of the bookshops!) and I fell in love with Ludlow a long time ago. Some friends recently moved down here from near Ludlow and they waxed lyrical about their time there so I hope you can find that same sense of community!

Good to see it is all falling into place for you!
Old May 23rd 2012, 9:37 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your comments guys. It really is a beautiful area where we have found our dream house, we looked on the Police 'crime' site which gives you a rundown of reported crime in any given town/village/city and for the months of Dec/Jan/Feb and March there were 5 reported crimes in total LOL.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Interesting article. I think you've hit the nail on the heas. Our neighbours are just back from Perth, he's from there but she just couldn't settle and there both much happier now their back. The eternal problem with Australia and to use a direct quote 'It can be great if you've got the money, if not you're stuck out in mindless suburbia living with some of the bigesst d*ckheads ever known to man". Same can be true back here aswell.

since i had my baby girl i really realised how easy the Uk is. The NHS is fantastic, I've got family and friends all over I can see in a few hours, beautiful accessible landscapes, beaches. Yes its got its problems like anywere, but its got a host of advantages a full-time life in australia could never hope to replicate...
Old May 24th 2012, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Interesting article. I think you've hit the nail on the heas. Our neighbours are just back from Perth, he's from there but she just couldn't settle and there both much happier now their back. The eternal problem with Australia and to use a direct quote 'It can be great if you've got the money, if not you're stuck out in mindless suburbia living with some of the bigesst d*ckheads ever known to man". Same can be true back here aswell.

since i had my baby girl i really realised how easy the Uk is. The NHS is fantastic, I've got family and friends all over I can see in a few hours, beautiful accessible landscapes, beaches. Yes its got its problems like anywere, but its got a host of advantages a full-time life in australia could never hope to replicate...
well said!
Old May 28th 2012, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

NEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really nice

I've been back in the UK for almost three years now having lived in Australia for 9 years and yes generally I am happy to be back.
Must admit one thing that is slightly annoying is people saying ' why the hell did you come back' but I feel this is down to TV and media in the UK making Australia look like the perfect place to be.

Australia is far from perfect as is the UK, but at least here in England i'm no longer a second class citizen as I felt in Aus.

People in the UK seem generally more friendly and somehow have more to say, more depth to the conversation.

Well that was my experience of Oz and I'm happy to be home.
Old May 28th 2012, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Chris955 sounds like the move back has worked well for you. Not being nosey but is that Pembridge in Herefordshire per chance? If so its a beautiful part of the world and a great place to bring up kids. I've got family connections to that part of the world myself, but going back a bit now.

Just a short drive from the splendours of mid Wales and the wye valley and several major cities in modest driving distance. Incidentally you're not England there my boy! Well in name only!! Thats the area we Welsh refer to as Henfordd and we want it back!!! haha
Old May 29th 2012, 5:59 am
Banned

Thanks, yes it is working out nicely for us. It is an amazingly beautiful part of the world, we wanted somewhere really quiet and safe for the kids. Ironically a cop friend of ours transferred to Dalby as he had young kids and didnt like the way Brisbane was going.
It is worryingly close to Wales but the people do all seem to speak English LOL.

Originally Posted by WestLondonWelshman
Chris955 sounds like the move back has worked well for you. Not being nosey but is that Pembridge in Herefordshire per chance? If so its a beautiful part of the world and a great place to bring up kids. I've got family connections to that part of the world myself, but going back a bit now.

Just a short drive from the splendours of mid Wales and the wye valley and several major cities in modest driving distance. Incidentally you're not England there my boy! Well in name only!! Thats the area we Welsh refer to as Henfordd and we want it back!!! haha
Old May 29th 2012, 6:03 am
Banned

You have to ignore the silly comments, it is just a knee jerk reaction for Brits to assume anywhere else is better than here even if they have never stepped foot out of the country.
I love Australia, I grew up there but it doesnt offer us what we want and hate the over the top parochial attitude.

Originally Posted by NEMISSIS
I've been back in the UK for almost three years now having lived in Australia for 9 years and yes generally I am happy to be back.
Must admit one thing that is slightly annoying is people saying ' why the hell did you come back' but I feel this is down to TV and media in the UK making Australia look like the perfect place to be.

Australia is far from perfect as is the UK, but at least here in England i'm no longer a second class citizen as I felt in Aus.

People in the UK seem generally more friendly and somehow have more to say, more depth to the conversation.

Well that was my experience of Oz and I'm happy to be home.
Old May 29th 2012, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

NEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really niceNEMISSIS is just really nice

Originally Posted by WestLondonWelshman

Hello my friend,

Not sure where the Pembridge info came from as I actually live in South Derbyshire.

But you are correct mid Wales is stunning and i'm very happy that Wales is attatched to England, nothing is too far away in the UK, in fact some days I don't even need the car to find country walks ....someting I found very difficult in Australia.

i have heard the Aussies refering to Australia as "Gods country" between me and you I think Mid Wales is more "Gods Country" and I'm an Englishman.

Old May 30th 2012, 10:24 am
Banned

I think the Pembridge reference was directed at me as that is where we are living.

Originally Posted by NEMISSIS
Hello my friend,

Not sure where the Pembridge info came from as I actually live in South Derbyshire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.